2. They Might (Not) Be Giants
An 0-3 record. A 38-0 drubbing on the road in Carolina. Is it hockey season yet?
3. Slippery Rock
The Packers tried to hand off and WHOOPS! then the Bengals picked up the WHAT? but the Packers couldn’t quite GAH. Green Bay never recovered from the deficit and fell to 1-2 this season.
4. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
There’s no conceivable reason why Tom Brady would be so frustrated with himself — the Pats did beat the Buccaneers, 23-3 — but we’ve all been there, Tom. We’ve all been there.
5. Packers Go Down And Out
Tight end Jermichael Finley had to leave today’s game with a nasty-looking concussion. He tried to make it off the field under his own power — and could not.
6. Cleveland Rocks!
A last-minute TD pass from QB Brian Hoyer — his third of the day — lifts the Browns to a dramatic road win over the Vikings.
7. Mark Sanchez Is Still Alive
8. The NFC Champions Are In Real Trouble
Opponents have outscored San Francisco 56-10 over the last two weeks. That’s not all Colin Kaepernick’s fault, sure, but he’s not happy about any of it.
9. This Week In “What On Earth Is Steve Mariucci Doing?”
10. At Least We Know RGIII’s Arm Is Healthy
This apparent touchdown was called back when the refs ruled the receiver didn’t have control through the catch, and the Redskins did lose to the Lions, but we think RGIII is going to be just fine. Calm your Kirk Cousins talk.
11. Break Up The Dolphins
Miami is 3-0 for the first time since 2002. Put your hand up if you saw that coming. (Put that hand down, you lying liar.)
12. There’s Hope For The Jets
Geno Smith’s right arm shall set you free.
13. Sad Fan Of The Week: Philly Edition
14. Happy Fan Of The Week: Minny-Style
- DNC Day 3: President Obama dropped the mic with "Don't boo, vote," and vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine reminded people of their dads 👴
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- Twelve states will support Obama's transgender policies in court after other states sued to block the rules.