1. It’s only been four months since Kobe Bryant slipped in a game against the Golden State Warriors and tore his Achilles tendon.
2. It was a rough sight, even as Bryant then shot (and made!) two free throws on one leg.
3. Despondent in the immediate aftermath, Bryant had surgery on his left foot and has been rehabbing in the hopes of being ready in time for October 29 — the first game of the 2013-14 season.
8. But it’s a small price, regardless, if it helps get Bryant out of street clothes …
9. And back into a Laker uniform by opening night.
- Two brothers suspected of planning terror attacks have been arrested in Belgium, prosecutors say.