1. Bruins anthem singer Rene Rancourt was extra-special pumped after his rendition before Game 4. His enthusiasm would not go unrewarded.
2. Michal Handzus’ shorthanded score put the Blackhawks up 1-0 early. There would be more scoring. Much more.
3. Rich Peverley’s power-play score tied it up before the end of the first period. (Note how he scored glove-side on Corey Crawford. This will be a recurring theme.)
4. Jonathan Toews gave Chicago its second lead at 2-1 with this blast from the point 6:33 into the second.
5. And two minutes later, Patrick Kane scored his seventh of the playoffs off this carom in front of the crease.
6. But Milan Lucic got that one back with this backhand score, and it was 3-2 Chicago. (Again: Glove-side on Crawford. Remember that.)
7. But Marcus Kruger didn’t like his team being ahead by only one, so he tapped in this rebound a minute later. A 4-2 Chicago lead that seemed … safe? Nah.
8. Enter Patrice Bergeron, who knocked this puck off the glass in and past Crawford with two minutes to go in the second …
9. … and he scored again, two minutes into the third period. Tie game, 4-4, and all four Boston goals had come on Crawford’s (you guessed it) glove-side.
10. The ninth goal of the game, from Chicago’s Patrick Sharp, was perhaps the most captivating. Goal cam bull’s-eye? You bet.
11. But with 7:46 to play in regulation, Johnny Boychuk tied it at 5 with this blast from the point. (We don’t even need to say on what side Crawford allowed the score. You know.)
12. Just under 10 minutes into overtime, defenseman Brent Seabrook won the game for Chicago with this bullet from the point, going stick-side on Tuukka Rask.
13. Rask may have been screened by a couple of his teammates, but it looked like a doable save. Fortunately for Chicago, he couldn’t quite react in time.
14. Here’s video of the entire OT sequence that tied up this series at two games apiece.
15. Game 5 is Saturday night in Chicago. With three overtime games in the series so far, expect more fireworks before someone claims the Cup.
- Two brothers suspected of planning terror attacks have been arrested in Belgium, prosecutors say.