1. Scoring the game-winning overtime goal in Game 7 against the Toronto Maple Leafs was the highlight of Patrice Bergeron’s postseason, no doubt.
2. The low point, besides losing the Stanley Cup Final to Chicago, was the progressive crumbling of his body’s insides.
3. Sometime in Game 5, Bergeron suffered a broken rib and torn chest cartilage. He was taken to the hospital for observations before the game even ended.
4. Bergeron came back for Game 6, for which he’s warming up in the picture below, but during that contest, he also suffered a separated shoulder.
5. On top of all that, we learned today that Bergeron has A SMALL HOLE in his lung from the rib fracture. To recap: He played Game 6 with a broken rib, torn cartilage, a separated shoulder, and A HOLE IN HIS LUNG.
6. Patrice Bergeron: Human Operation Board.
- The largest LGBT business association in the US voted to endorse a presidential candidate for the first time in its history, choosing Clinton.
- Federal health officials have called for nationwide testing of all blood donations for the Zika virus.
- The judge under fire for his sentencing of former Stanford Swimmer Brock Turner also went easy on another student athlete.