1. Scoring the game-winning overtime goal in Game 7 against the Toronto Maple Leafs was the highlight of Patrice Bergeron’s postseason, no doubt.
2. The low point, besides losing the Stanley Cup Final to Chicago, was the progressive crumbling of his body’s insides.
3. Sometime in Game 5, Bergeron suffered a broken rib and torn chest cartilage. He was taken to the hospital for observations before the game even ended.
4. Bergeron came back for Game 6, for which he’s warming up in the picture below, but during that contest, he also suffered a separated shoulder.
5. On top of all that, we learned today that Bergeron has A SMALL HOLE in his lung from the rib fracture. To recap: He played Game 6 with a broken rib, torn cartilage, a separated shoulder, and A HOLE IN HIS LUNG.
6. Patrice Bergeron: Human Operation Board.
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good🛀