1. Meet Armand Fernandez-Pierre, which is a magnificent name in and of itself and one worthy of his immense and varied talents.
2. This senior at Episcopal School of Dallas is a bulldozing nose tackle who weighs 335 pounds and has already drawn interest from schools like Miami and UCLA.
3. But he’s also one hell of a cheerleader, and he’ll be performing during halftime of his team’s games this season.
4. Fernandez-Pierre has also done wrestling and lacrosse, sings in choir, performs theater, and works 20 hours a week, but he’s still committed to making both football and cheerleading his top co-priorities.
5. A neck injury in the eighth grade was what pushed him away from football initially, but Fernandez-Pierre is relishing this second chance.
6. Both his football and cheer coach are committed to making the unusual arrangement work for both teams. One week in, so far, so good.
7. Who’s living the dream? This guy.
8. Here’s the whole segment from KDFW Fox 4:
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- BuzzFeed News analyzed all the links in Donald Trump's tweets to determine where the president-elect gets his news 📰❗️
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago today, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.