2. By scoring four goals, Hertl, who hails from the Czech Republic, made a bit of history.
ESPN Stats & Info
19-year-old Tomas Hertl of the Sharks: youngest player to score 4 goals in game since Jimmy Carson, 1988 Kings
3. But it was how he scored his fourth goal that blew hockey fans’ collective minds.
4. Oh nothing, just Hertl pulling off the ol’ back-between-the-legs-and-roof-it-past-the-goalie maneuver. WORKS EVERY TIME.
5. Really now, what is this?
6. After the game, Hertl powered his way through a valiant explanation of his feelings: “This is dream!”
7. Fans were euphoric over Hertl’s accomplishment.
I don’t always score four goals, but when I do, I go between my legs reverse backhand. #SharksHeadline
Fear The Fin
Tomas Hertl: so good he made ESPN remember that hockey is a thing. RT @trilljester Hertl’s fourth was #1 on Soortscenter’s Top Ten plays.
Hertl. Czech for filth.
Craziest thing about Hertl’s four-goal game? He played just 11:12
#SJS crowd chanting “Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl” for the 19 year old rookie. #TomasHertl
Guys, http://t.co/dK8d9orXph nailed it.
14. And Hertl Power in the NHL has only just begun.
- It's on: Hillary Clinton has officially accepted the Democratic party's presidential nomination with some fiery words for Donald Trump 🇺🇸
- Amazon's in its Prime. The company's profit rose 831% this quarter thanks to its growing cloud computing business ☁️💸
- #TBT: Old-school MTV is returning Aug. 1 with shows like "Daria," "Beavis & Butt-Head," "Cribs," and "Punk'd" 📺 🙌