2. By scoring four goals, Hertl, who hails from the Czech Republic, made a bit of history.
ESPN Stats & Info
19-year-old Tomas Hertl of the Sharks: youngest player to score 4 goals in game since Jimmy Carson, 1988 Kings
3. But it was how he scored his fourth goal that blew hockey fans’ collective minds.
4. Oh nothing, just Hertl pulling off the ol’ back-between-the-legs-and-roof-it-past-the-goalie maneuver. WORKS EVERY TIME.
5. Really now, what is this?
6. After the game, Hertl powered his way through a valiant explanation of his feelings: “This is dream!”
7. Fans were euphoric over Hertl’s accomplishment.
I don’t always score four goals, but when I do, I go between my legs reverse backhand. #SharksHeadline
Fear The Fin
Tomas Hertl: so good he made ESPN remember that hockey is a thing. RT @trilljester Hertl’s fourth was #1 on Soortscenter’s Top Ten plays.
Hertl. Czech for filth.
Craziest thing about Hertl’s four-goal game? He played just 11:12
#SJS crowd chanting “Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl” for the 19 year old rookie. #TomasHertl
Guys, http://t.co/dK8d9orXph nailed it.
14. And Hertl Power in the NHL has only just begun.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging accident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar incidents.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️