2. By scoring four goals, Hertl, who hails from the Czech Republic, made a bit of history.
ESPN Stats & Info
19-year-old Tomas Hertl of the Sharks: youngest player to score 4 goals in game since Jimmy Carson, 1988 Kings
3. But it was how he scored his fourth goal that blew hockey fans’ collective minds.
4. Oh nothing, just Hertl pulling off the ol’ back-between-the-legs-and-roof-it-past-the-goalie maneuver. WORKS EVERY TIME.
5. Really now, what is this?
6. After the game, Hertl powered his way through a valiant explanation of his feelings: “This is dream!”
7. Fans were euphoric over Hertl’s accomplishment.
I don’t always score four goals, but when I do, I go between my legs reverse backhand. #SharksHeadline
Fear The Fin
Tomas Hertl: so good he made ESPN remember that hockey is a thing. RT @trilljester Hertl’s fourth was #1 on Soortscenter’s Top Ten plays.
Hertl. Czech for filth.
Craziest thing about Hertl’s four-goal game? He played just 11:12
#SJS crowd chanting “Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl” for the 19 year old rookie. #TomasHertl
Guys, http://t.co/dK8d9orXph nailed it.
14. And Hertl Power in the NHL has only just begun.
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.