2. By scoring four goals, Hertl, who hails from the Czech Republic, made a bit of history.
ESPN Stats & Info
19-year-old Tomas Hertl of the Sharks: youngest player to score 4 goals in game since Jimmy Carson, 1988 Kings
3. But it was how he scored his fourth goal that blew hockey fans’ collective minds.
4. Oh nothing, just Hertl pulling off the ol’ back-between-the-legs-and-roof-it-past-the-goalie maneuver. WORKS EVERY TIME.
5. Really now, what is this?
6. After the game, Hertl powered his way through a valiant explanation of his feelings: “This is dream!”
7. Fans were euphoric over Hertl’s accomplishment.
I don’t always score four goals, but when I do, I go between my legs reverse backhand. #SharksHeadline
Fear The Fin
Tomas Hertl: so good he made ESPN remember that hockey is a thing. RT @trilljester Hertl’s fourth was #1 on Soortscenter’s Top Ten plays.
Hertl. Czech for filth.
Craziest thing about Hertl’s four-goal game? He played just 11:12
#SJS crowd chanting “Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl” for the 19 year old rookie. #TomasHertl
Guys, http://t.co/dK8d9orXph nailed it.
14. And Hertl Power in the NHL has only just begun.
- The GOP spent years building a Latino outreach project. Now Republicans worry it died with Donald Trump's nomination.
- Former US attorney general says Edward Snowden performed a "public service" but still must face "consequence" of his actions.
- Spanish basketball player Pau Gasol may not compete at the Rio Olympics due to Zika virus concerns.