We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A truly miraculous sand-free beach blanket that repels sand and dirt so easily that you'll wonder if someone cast a spell on it. Parents especially love this because babies and toddlers can lay on it without getting sand in their mouths, and it's ridiculously easy to repack without worrying about taking half the sand in the beach from with you. Oh, and it's also GINORMOUS (and packs up super small!).
Promising review: "I walk to the beach and the park with my baby all the time and was sick of my butt getting wet when we sat on the grass and the baby getting all sandy when sitting on towels. I decided to search Amazon for some kind of beach blanket. This blanket wasn’t really what I was looking for, but it did not disappoint! First of all it’s HUGE. I still haven’t used it open all the way yet. It’s compact and easy to carry, I love that there are pockets to weigh it down with sand, that sand rolls right off, and that I can just stuff it right back in the little bag without having to fold it strategically when I’m done. I can take the baby to the beach and lay her on her tummy without worrying about sand getting on her hands and face. Great product!!" —Adriana
Get it from Amazon for $27.90+ (available in three colors).
2. A truly multi-talented set of cooling towels you can use to beat the heat — all you have to do is wet these and they get chilly, perfect for draping on your head, neck, or other overheated areas. Once the chill runs out you can wet them again to get it back!
Promising review: "I purchased three packs of these and they are awesome and yes, they really do get colder once wet. It also has a bag and clip to carry it which is super convenient. I just got back from the beach and I used it while laying in the hot sun. All I did is wet it and put it around my neck and over my shoulders and it instantly cooled me down. And it stayed cool for 30 minutes because it dried. Once wet, it was instantly cold again. Great purchase!" —Donna C.
Get a set of four for $18.99+ (available in 12 color combos).
3. Neutrogena Beach Defense Water Resistant Sunscreen, which reviewers love not just because of its high level of protection but because unlike a *ton* of other leading brands, this doesn't leave a white cast on darker skin tones.
Promising review: "The BEST sunscreen I have ever used! I am always prone to burn any time i get out in the sun. I decided to take a trip to the beach this summer, and just went kayaking for four hours on the water in the BEAMING sun and in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY. I put sunscreen everywhere except for my chest. Wanna know where my skin is resembling that of a cherry? My chest. The rest of me? TANNING WITH NO BURN WHATSOEVER!!! I was shocked. I love this product and will forever recommend it for the rest of my life. Stay safe and stay unaffected from the sun you guys!!!" —Channing C.
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
4. Plus a handy as heck sunburn soother made with aloe and coconut oil to hydrate skin and gently relieve pain from the sun's unforgiving rays within just a few hours.
Psst — a lot of reviewers mentioned this also helped prevent peeling and itching!
Promising review: "Upon planning our vacation to the beach, I ordered sunscreen, suntan lotion, and sunburn relief from Amazon and packed in our beach bag. Day two of our vacation on a cloudy day on the beach in Florida, my husband got sunburned on his feet, legs, and chest. He started putting sunburn relief on his skin the same day he got burned and we are on day four and he never peeled, was not in pain, and his sunburn is now tan. This lotion truly works & will be a staple now in our home." —ymucnxigv
Get it from Amazon for $10.02.
5. A waterproof pouch to keep your phone and other "doesn't play well with water"–type gadgets safe. Not only does this keep it safe, but you can still use the touchscreen with it, meaning you can take underwater travel photos galore 🐠🐟🐡.
It fits any phone up to 100 mm x 170 mm (or about 3.9 inches x 6.7 inches). It's also a great fix for keeping out sand and dirt (and a great option for runners, if you're caught in the rain but still want to be able to toggle through your music options).
Promising review: "This product is incredible. I purchased to use while in Key West. It is completely waterproof and takes great photos and video through the case but you have to press record prior to submerging the case underwater. My family went snorkeling and kept the case with phone inside submerged almost the entire time and had no issues with leakage. My family and I got stopped numerous times being asked where we purchased this product. Perfect even if just on the beach and you do not want to get sand or sunscreen on your phone and want to still take photos/text/browse internet while on the beach. I will be purchasing this for everyone in my family as it has become a travel must-have! I highly recommend this product." —Jennifer Roman
Get it from Amazon for $5.94 (available in 14 colors).
6. An insulated tumbler that tens of thousands of reviewers swear by to keep their cold brew and iced tea so cold that the ice doesn't melt even after a full 12 hours. Bonus? It comes with two lids! One is a flip-top lid for hot drinks, and the other is a lid with a straw for all your cold ones. Get you an insulated tumbler that can do both!!!
Promising review: "We got a chance to go on our first tropical vacation since our honeymoon 12 years ago, and we used these to keep our drinks cold at the beach. We would make drinks in the room and take them down with us. When we'd finish those, we'd buy drinks from the servers at the beach, but we'd put them in these mugs to keep them cold, and also because the paper straws they provided with their drinks would deteriorate too quickly. I've only used these twice for hot drinks, and they seemed to work well, too." —J. Carlton
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in 41 colors and six sizes).
7. A pair of popular quick-dry water shoes to keep your feet from burning or getting beaten up on beach trips all summer — reviewers love these for everything from walking on rockier beaches to kayaking to washing their cars. They're flexible and comfy like a sock, but protective against nefarious objects like sharp rocks and stray Legos.
Promising review: "I bought these shoes a couple of years ago before a river hike. UM THESE ARE AWESOME. They lasted a long time and the only reason I bought these yellow ones were because I wanted a new color, haha. My older pair did start to wear out in the toes from scraping them on rocks and such when hiking but still no holes in them. These shoes feel like socks but with enough of a sole that you can walk on gravel with no problem. It really is like walking barefoot. Also, these are the only water shoes that I have worn that do NOT let a bunch of debris into the shoe making you constantly have to take it off to empty it or just deal with the irritant. You can play on the beach with minimal sand stuck between your toes. Thoroughly impressed by that. So with that, I do recommend if you are a half size to size down so they are snug, otherwise the sock like ability to keep stuff out might not work so well." —Samantha Lindsay
Get it from Amazon for $8.68+ (available in seven sizes and 44 colors).
8. A customized beach cup and phone holder so you can quite literally stake your claim on your beach spot and give your two most important things (read: your cold seltzer and your access to Netflix) a little home safe from the sand.
Purple Daisy Originals is a Georgia-based Etsy shop established in 2020 that specializes in personalized gifts.
Promising review: "I love these cup holders for the sand. They are perfect gifts for beach retreats. You can get other ones for cheaper prices but these are nicely made, with an area for your cell phones or snacks. Also the lettering has many options, even cute sayings. You pay for what you get. So I picked quality and got the best!!!" —Catherine Case
9. A durable waterproof and sandproof Bluetooth speaker so you can enjoy some tunes on all your beach days without worrying about its wires getting fried by sneaky waves or unexpected downpours.
This also easily connects to smart devices like Alexa and Google Home, if you want to listen to the news or certain playlists outside while your devices stay indoors!
Promising review: "This is a seriously awesome speaker! We live in Florida and spend 90% of our weekends at the beach or by the pool. We had one of those old speakers where you have to plug your phone in and I was getting sick of not being able to use my phone when at the beach/pool because it was plugged in. This was the perfect solution! Not only can I use my phone now because it's Bluetooth, BUT it's waterproof and sandproof. No more crackly speakers. This one has super clear audio and can get really loud too! Can you tell I'm not a tech nerd :). Because it's waterproof we can leave it on our patio all the time too. We obviously have super high humidity and torrential downpours all the time so I don't have to worry about this. When we're ready to party all i have to do is turn it on and put the play list on! Plus you seriously can't beat the cost!" —Lindsey R.
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (clip the $3 off coupon on the product page for this price; available in nine colors).
10. And a set of affordable, highly popular wireless Bluetooth earbuds that make *excellent* AirPod dupes, except arguably better — these are completely waterproof (like, you can fully take them in the shower), making them beach-friendly, and have a portable charging case so you can charge them without an outlet when you're out and about.
The wireless charging case provides up to 14 hours of charge (with the earbuds able to play for four-plus hours with each full charge).
Promising review: "Wow! I can’t believe these cost less than $30! The rechargeable cases are super useful when you are on the go. These are waterproof for pool and beach use. I would purchase them in all colors. Wonderful product and very pleasantly surprised by the quality for the low cost. Definite buy!!!!" —DrNatalia
Get it from Amazon $22.09+ (available in five colors).
11. A lightweight, super family-friendly flying disc perfect for beach, park, and backyard fun — this flies straight so you don't need as much skill maneuvering it as with a Frisbee, and is designed not to hurt when it inevitably bops someone straight in the noggin.
Promising review: "These are made of lightweight plastic, not the heavy thick type I was expecting. However don't be fooled. They are AWESOME! They fly straight and far. THESE ALSO FLOAT. I bought them to take to the beach. Someone else at the beach warned us as we played with them that they had lost their disc in the ocean. Ours floated though so we had no problems. We even started a new game where we threw it into the surf and then tried to be the first one to find where it washed up. I would recommend these for any type of disc play but especially if you are taking them on a water vacation." —Julie Barker
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $13.99 (available in nine colors).
12. A super lightweight, compact beach chair complete with a cup holder so you can stay comfy *and* hydrated all day long. Reviewers also love that these are low to the ground, making them easier to fit under tents and umbrellas.
Promising review: "Love these chairs! Got two for a trip to the beach and they’re very comfortable. They fold up easily and are very compact and easy to carry/pack, just throw it on your shoulder with the strap on the bag and your hands are free to carry other things!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $36.88.
13. A reclining, adjustable Ostrich chaise lounge ideal for beach naps and reading, thanks to the deeply convenient face hole in the upper part of it that makes it easy to comfortably lay on your stomach.
Check out a TikTok of the chaise lounge chair in action.
Promising review: "While I usually sit upright most of the time at the beach, having the option to be able to lay face down and read is so amazing. We spent six hours at the beach the other day and I downloaded some of my TV from Netflix to catch up on and used a large towel and draped it over the sides of the headrest and had my own little personal theater in the fresh air! It's very light and easy to carry and the sand comes off super easily. The cushion around the face opening makes it super comfortable as well!!! Love this thing! —The Curl Girl
Get it from Amazon for $67.95+ (available in five colors).
14. A set of sunscreen reminder stickers — these UV stickers have SPF recognition and will change colors to let you know both when your SPF is working, and then again when it's time to slather more sunscreen on. Each sticker is water-resistant and works for up to 12 hours. NOT TODAY, SUN!!!
Check out a TikTok of the sunscreen stickers in action.
Promising review: "Just used this product on a recent trip to Florida. I made sure to wash my skin before application and it lasted about two days on my skin without coming off. When out of the sun or behind UV glass, like in a car, the spot turns clear. As soon as you step into the sun it turns purple. If you use a sunblock it starts to become clear or semi clear. After being on the beach and having gone into the water a few times the spot started seeing purple and I applied sunblock again. In a minute the spot was clear again. So this is very effective In alerting me when to reapply." —RGTorque
Get a 16-count from Amazon for $15.99.
15. A pair of popular waterproof cushioned "recovery" sandals perfect for anyone who is craving all the cute summer fashion with a side of ridiculous comfort (and pain relief!). Not only are these super cute, but reviewers with pain from plantar fasciitis, bunions, spondylilothesis, and other chronic conditions absolutely swear by them, with a ton saying they're like walking on ~clouds~.
FYI, if you have Amazon Prime Wardrobe you can give this a spin before you buy it!
Promising review: "Where have these been my whole life? These are quite possibly the last pair of sandals for the beach I will ever buy. They are super comfortable and don’t kick sand up on the back of your legs when you walk. Easy to rinse too!" —Jennifer Goodman
Get it from Amazon for $24.91+ (available in women's sizes 5–12 and 21 colors).
16. A battery-operated flexible rotating fan so versatile it's about to become your warm weather BFF — reviewers attach it to strollers, carseats, treadmills, tents, or even just plop it on their work desks for an extra breeze. It even comes with a built-in light for extra visibility at night!
Promising review: "I used this fan when I went to the beach with my 7-week-old son! I attached it to his stroller and he stayed cool the whole time he was outside. Since returning we use it in the car, for stroller rides, I even use it when I’m hot in the house! The bendable legs make it easy to attach to any surface or allow it to stand on a flat surface. All around best purchase I have made this summer! Will be purchasing another!" —Jessica
Get it from Amazon for $24.64+ (available in three colors).
17. A set of beach-friendly beverage bags you can get customized so nobody accidentally swipes a sip of someone else's "adult Capri-Sun" 👀. These are especially great for the beach because of they're super lightweight, reusable, and won't get sand in 'em!
Crafty Chicks Designs is a North Carolina-based Etsy shop established in 2018 that specializes in personalized gifts and drinkware.
Promising review: "I ordered these for a girls trip celebration I have coming up and they’re seriously so cute!! They’ll be perfect for drinks in the hot tub or walking down to the beach!" —Brittany Osburn
18. A "sport-brella," which is an SPF 50+ maneuverable personal umbrella with a universal clamp that'll latch onto any chair you own. Boom, instant shade no matter where you've parked your human self, whether it's the beach, the porch, or the park.
Psst — a lot of reviewers swear by this for easy hands-free shade solutions for strollers and wheelchairs as well!
Promising review: "Game changer for the beach. Decided I needed an umbrella this year for the beach but carrying a full size wasn't going to work. Found the personal umbrellas on Amazon and read the reviews and checked how you attached them. This umbrella is excellent. I have been careful not to over tighten or force it into positions without loosening first. It really can go in any direction you need. Very lightweight but held up great. Only issue is in a strong wind it will shift but that is to be expected. Highly recommend!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 (available in two sizes and eight colors).
19. Or a versatile UPF 50+ protected canopy umbrella perfect for shielding the fam from the sun's rays — this is vented for efficient airflow to keep the wind from knocking it over, and can be used as a regular umbrella or a half-dome that resembles a tent. It even comes with ground stakes and tie-down chords to keep it locked in place on windier days!
Promising review: "At the beach, the wind was fairly strong, but the umbrella held up great for our weekend trip! I found that putting sand around the edges of the umbrella to help support the anchors was helpful. The flaps that allow wind kept me shaded, cool and breezy. It even rained for a few minutes, but my wife and I stayed nice and chill under the umbrella. We loved it!" —Mark
Get it from Amazon for $63.99+ (available in three colors).
20. A set of DripDrop hydration packets, an electrolyte drink mix infused with potassium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin C that you can stir into your water to help speed up hydration and help restore energy levels when you're dehydrated from spending too much time in the sun.
I'm a long distance runner and recently tried the Strawberry Lemonade and Fruit Punch flavors after some 10-milers in the heat — I wasn't expecting them to taste so good considering they're half the sugar of sports drinks, but damn?? These tasted just as flavorful as Gatorade, even when I put them in 16 ounces of water instead of the recommended eight. Usually I feel pretty sluggish by mid-afternoon on days when I go on long runs but I felt fine after chugging one of these packets, so it definitely does the trick.
Promising review: "This was my first experience with DripDrop or any electrolyte powder for that matter. I ordered these to try them out for a beach vacation this summer and it truly made a difference! My family and I noticed we didn’t feel sluggish from sitting in the sun and sweating for hours. I wasn’t sure what to expect with the flavor but the fruit punch flavor reminds me exactly of Hawaiian Punch!" —Mary
Get a 16-count pack from Amazon for $18.99 (available in eight flavor packs and in 32-count packs).
21. A multi-purpose, super adaptable pool float you can turn into a lounger, a chair, a drifter, or an exercise saddle for ocean lounging on chill beach days.
Promising review: "Like floating on air! We saw these while vacationing and immediately ordered five of them. Once we had our floaties at the beach, so many people asked us where we got them and how they could get one. We would take them out in the water and have a floating happy hour with our friends. I know it says it can be used four ways but I actually found a fifth use, it works great as a headrest/pillow when draped over the back of your chaise lounge chair! I will be ordering several more of these for the lake as they don’t take up much room on the boat. The only thing missing is a cup holder!" —mno
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in 17 styles).
22. A protective wide brim linen bucket hat to keep the sun off your face, complete with a sweet lil' chin tie to keep the wind from blowing it away when you're trying to have a main character moment staring out at the sea.
Comfortarians is a New Jersey–based Etsy shop that specializes in hatwear and footwear.
Promising review: "Love it! Just right for beach, foldable and keeps sun off the face and neck! Love the bow and detachable chin strap! Great for windy days!" —Elizabeth G Shaw
23. A nifty leakproof, portable dog water bottle with a mini dish so your furriest friend can stay hydrated all year long. Bonus: If there's any leftover water in the dispenser, you can press the button to swish it back into the bottle to avoid any waste!
Promising review: "We take our dogs to the beach every weekend. Our older dog has kidney disease so it's important for him to have access to fresh water at all times. He instantly loved his new dog water bowl, as did our other two dogs. With three dogs, we bring extra water to fill the base bottle. The unit was water tight and we like how the unused water can drain back into the base with a press of the button. Will buy a second one for sure." —EveC
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in two colors and two sizes).
24. A reviewer-beloved "Everywhere" towel designed with a polyester microsuede material that makes it dry *super* quickly (and also makes it feel super soft!) so you can dunk in the ocean and dry off multiple times in one day. These are also designed to pack super tightly so they won't take up much space in your bag!
Rumpl is an Oregon-based small business specializing in outdoor blankets that donates a portion of its revenue to environmental nonprofits.
Promising review: "This towel dries better than a conventional towel! Not only that but it was completely dry and ready to reuse in about 10 minutes. Normally we'd go through a stack of beach towels in one day. The towel itself is big but it packs up compact leaving more room in your bag for other things. It's soooo soft, made very well, and the pattern is gorgeous. I will be replacing all of my towels with these!!" —Danielle W.
Get it from Rumpl for $49+ (available in 16 colors).
25. A set of towel clips you can attach to a beach chair to stop it from blowing away while you're off gallivanting in the ocean trying to make friends with a mermaid. Reviewers also love this for building blanket forts, holding down tablecloths, and hanging wet items like suits and towels at the end of a long beach day.
Check out a TikTok of the towel clips in action.
Promising review: "I purchased these for a family of eight going on a cruise and they loved them! So easy to use, just put your towel on the beach chair and clip down with these. They said they were especially awesome on windy days when others towels were blowing away if they were not sitting on the chair. The family was able to go to lunch or take a walk and not worry that their towels had been blown away and someone had then snagged their seats. Very inexpensive and functional clips." —