24 Pairs Of Bike Shorts That Reviewers Swear By
Behold your new fave pairs of squat proof, ride-up resistant, ridiculously cute bike shorts, with a bunch at $20 or less.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A reviewer-beloved pair of high-waisted biker shorts that will instantly become your summer uniform — these lightly compressive shorts are super breathable for summer exercising *and* chilling, plus are totally squat-proof, help prevent thigh chafing, and even have sneaky side pockets for your phone and accessories.
I bought these for running last year and I am SO MAD whenever they're in the wash that I just bought several more pairs for summer — the material is nice and thick, so I thought they'd overheat, but they actually stay lightweight and cooling even on my longest runs. It has just the right amount of compression for a workout, but not so much that they're uncomfy to wear casually, either.
Promising review: "Gone are the days of slathering Vaseline on my thighs before my long runs! These shorts don't slip down, they don't ride up, and they have pockets that actually fit my entire hand. I'm training for a summer race and these shorts seriously saved my life. Best running shorts by I've tried by far." —J. Madrian
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in women's sizes XS–3XL, three lengths, and in 44 colors).
2. A pair of printed bike shorts that come in so many fun, quirky, and unexpected patterns that you might just spend half your day toggling through all the options — seriously, y'all. There are OVER 50.
Promising review: "Love these biker shorts! These are SO popular right now and I’m so glad I found some for such a good price. They are super soft and stretchy - more legging material and are just long enough for what I need. Definitely recommend!😍" — Marissa
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in sizes S–3X and 72 prints).
3. A suuuper soft three-pack of bike shorts so you can get multiple pairs in different colors to easily rotate throughout the week at a *fraction* of the price.
Promising review: "Honestly surprised with how these shorts turned out! They look tiny when taken out, but once you put them on they STRETCH and feel buttery soft. Not shiny at all, super cute and a great deal for a pack of three. Not to mention they make the booty look bootylicious. Recommend immensely. :)" —René
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $22.98+ (available in sizes S–XXL and eight color combos).
4. A pair of ridiculously soft, brightly colored Free People seamless bike shorts so comfy you will feel genuine sorrow when you are parted from them on laundry day. These are perfect for running errands in the heat or lounging around the house.
These shorts come in a bazillion rotating colors because they sell out so quickly you might blink and miss them. I own a pair in pink (that is me being v cheeky above) and can confirm that they are so comfortable that I genuinely had to look down and make sure I wasn't naked a few times, but still opaque enough to venture out into the world without worrying about everyone seeing your booty. I probably own 10 pairs of bike shorts now (don't look at me), and these are the comfiest by far.
Promising review: "From the comfortable stretching fabric to the integrated design, these are my go-to for exercise shorts or when I want a little more under a short dress. Even the label info is printed, so no bumps, seams or uncomfortable tags to worry about. So comfortable you could forget you have them on." —Larimar
Get it from Free People for $20 (available in women's sizes XS–L and five colors).
6. A pair of neon colorblock bike shorts so unique and comfy that they'll become your ~signature look~ for the entire summer (and probably inspire more than a few '80s party playlists).
Curtisbrands is an LA-based, woman-owned Etsy shop established in 2014 that specializes in fashion forward, comfortable apparel.
Promising review: "The shorts are so amazing and they make me feel like workout Barbie. The stitching is fantastic and the seller totally helped me out. She answered all my questions and even sent a pic of her in her pair of the shorts. They are so cute and comfy. They wick sweat really well and I stayed cool in them in the heat of Phoenix!" —Hannah Sampson
7. A pair of Athleta's mid-thigh bike shorts designed for people on the move — these come with a two side pockets *and* a sneaky back compartment, so you're basically buying a hybrid wallet x bike short baby.
Promising review: "These are the perfect length and fit. I love the pockets because I can store fuel for my long runs in them. I have run several half and full marathons in these and ordered more because I love them so much." —Claire S.
Get it from Athleta for $59 (available in sizes XXS–3X and four colors).
8. A pair of faux leather bike shorts to break up all the black pairs you already own by giving your outfits a little bit of rocker chic edge.
Promising review: "So I have now ordered about five pairs of these in black to wear everyday! They are so comfortable, I hate to wear anything else! I didn’t understand what 'buttery soft' material meant until I got these. I have had two C-sections and find that most workout shorts can dig into my scar uncomfortably. These are a wonderful combination of being tight enough to stay on but aren’t like spandex. Will probably buy more of these soon." —S. Parker
Get it from Amazon for $18.95 (available in sizes XS–3XL and dozens of other styles, some non-bike shorts).
9. A pair of Girlfriend Collective's classic high-rise biker shorts, designed to be compressive *and* comfy with ride-up resistant fabric that has over 4,000 reviewers singing its praises. BONUS: the shorts are made out of recyclable materials, using RPET (a recyclable polyester) and old water bottles. Nifty!
Promising review: "I have four pairs of the black bike shorts now, they’re pretty much my WFH uniform. Comfy enough to sit and work, but also have enough compression and high rise for me to feel comfortable when taking my dog out on a power walk. If you’re plus size and wondering if they’ll be tight around your legs/thighs, I didn’t find that, they’re pretty great." —Courtney C.
Get it from Girlfriend Collective for $48 (available in sizes XXS–6XL and nine colors).
10. A pair of high waist bike shorts designed for all day comfort that you can get in so many colors that your bike short drawer will look like someone drop kicked a rainbow into it.
Promising review: "I love wearing shorts like these under dresses/skirts and just in general as it’s getting warmer. They are incredibly comfortable and fit well, I honestly almost forget I’m wearing them. It’s great! And most importantly there’s a small pocket on the left side where you can keep a phone/key/money. It’s not big, but it’s something!" —Faye Graves
Get it from Amazon for $19.90 (available in XS–3X and 16 styles).
11. A pair of Superfit Hero's wickaway pocket bike shorts designed with their signature Superhold fabric, which is soft, stretchy, *and* supportive for a no-slip fit. Plus honestly who can say no to any pair of bike shorts with POCKETS.
Superfit Hero is a US-based, female-founded small business established in 2015 that specializes in sustainable, premium activewear for sizes L–7XL.
Promising review: "I’ve had these for a while but have generally felt nervous about wearing skintight anything in public so I haven’t given them a real test. Today I said 'what the hell, you only live once' and wore them on a hike. They were SO GOOD! Super supportive, wicking, zero chafing, stayed put both on the waist and the leg, made my butt look great 😉, laid flat under the waist belt of my pack... these shorts are the real deal — just more confirmation that Superfit Hero is the place to go for serious athletic gear for larger bodies. I will definitely be hiking in them in the future!" —Mollie S.
Get it from Superfit Hero for $68 (available in sizes L–7XL and five styles).
12. A pair of metallic biker shorts built for medium- and high-impact workouts, with a subtle shine to help you kick it into high gear.
13. A tag-free jersey bike short made of thin, breathable fabric that *still* manages to stay completely opaque.
Promising review: "I'm pleasantly surprised that they are completely opaque! They are cotton and not the slick material athletic wear usually are. I haven't noticed them rolling up at all while wearing them. They are a lighter shade of black than pictured, but that's not too big of a deal to me." —Shayracha
Get it from Amazon for $9.25+ (available in sizes 1X–5X and two colors).
14. A pair of mini biker shorts designed for yoga, but also perfect for frolicking under dresses and skirts in the heat.
Promising review: "BUY THESE instead of Nike or name brand Spanx!!! Half the price and still great quality! I do hot yoga every day and normally wear name brand Spanx such as Nike, Lululemon, or Under Armour and I’ve been in need of some new pairs. Let me tell you — these are just as good! I will likely never buy name brand again! These are not see-through when I bend over." —sretz
Get it from Amazon for $14.90 (available in sizes XS–XXL and seven colors).
15. A pair of reverse tie-dye bike shorts for an unexpected and refreshing twist on the tie-dye trend.
Dye It Culture is a North Carolina-based Etsy shop established in 2020 that specializes in one-of-a-kind, reverse-dyed pieces.
Promising review: "Awesome shorts , so soft and comfortable! Love the design and the compliments .😎 I wasn’t sure of size the seller immediately answered ,so helpful. Just ordered a hoodie!" —Kathleen Phee
16. A pair of padded cycling shorts with a Coolmax foam layer to help wick moisture and keep you feeling fresh and dry.
Promising review: "I really liked these shorts, they are very padded and comfortable and the material feels high quality. The padding does feel very bulky but I wanted this for longer rides so it was exactly what I was looking for! I will say if you are looking for a more versatile bike short that you can where for running/triathlon as well I wouldn't recommend because they do feel a little awkward to walk in." —Tracey Zarkis
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in unisex sizes M–XXL and two styles).
17. A dependable pair of Under Armour bike shorts designed with a HeatGear fabric that wicks sweat and keeps your shorts odor-free.
Promising review: "I tried these out after my favorite shorts from Old Navy were discontinued and couldn't be happier. I'm an avid runner and have a hard time finding shorts that don't ride up. These were perfect! I bought these in medium and they didn't ride up too much and provided plenty of coverage. They feel very lightweight and dried pretty quickly after a run in the Florida heat and humidity. I'll definitely be purchasing more of these." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and five colors).
18. Or a pair of *metallic* Under Armour bike shorts so flashy and fun that you'll want to rotate all the different colors for each of your workouts.
Psst — reviewers love these shorts, but many recommend if you're deciding between sizes to go up a size!
Promising review: "Great workout shorts. I like that the fit is exactly my size and I the material wicks away moisture well. Perfect for yoga and running." —ElleBee
Get it from Amazon for $25+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and 13 colors).
19. A pair of workout and yoga-friendly bike shorts you can get in a tie-dye, animal prints, and camos — perf for anyone who wants to mix up their wardrobe a little.
Promising review: "These are amazinggggg! So buttery soft and comfortable. A lot of shorts ride up and move around while working out but these did not. So soft and comfy I want to get more for workouts and just hanging out. I LOVE these. They look just like the picture and fit perfectly." —Jennifer
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and 14 prints).
20. A pair of moisture-wicking cycling shorts with gel padding and nonslip bands at the leg openings to keep them from riding up.
Psst — reviewers note that you should read the size conversion (and will likely end up sizing down!).
Promising review: "After three rides, about seven hours total wearing them, I really like them. The fit is good and the gripper elastic around the legs works. They stayed quite comfortable in 82 degrees F and 76% humidity. The gel cushioning is in smaller sections, rather than 1 big section on each side that I'm used to, and I think that works a bit better. Of course, no idea yet how durable they will be, but they feel solid, not flimsy. Note there is not a drawstring at the waist, just elastic (not gripper) — I use suspenders, so can't say if the elastic would be enough on its own." —Will Strang
Get it from Amazon for $31.44+ (available in men's sizes S–XXXL and nine colors).
21. A customizable bike short for anyone who wants to get the length and feel *just* right — you can tell the seller how long you want the inseam, so it's perfect tailored to your needs.
Elven Forest is a custom, sustainably made clothing shop made up of a team of women based primarily in Colorado and established in 2011.
To order these, you can decide first on a color (black or brown), a size (XS–XL), a preferred waistband (regular or foldover), and then let the seller know your preferred inseam (how long you want the shorts to be). You can measure this in inches from your crotch to the point on your thigh where you want the shorts to fall.
Promising review: "I adore these shorts. They fit perfectly and don't roll up my legs at all. The fabric feels very durable and remains opaque when worn. I'm looking forward to wearing these for a long time." —priesterin
22. A pair of bike shorts that come complete with a matching bra, aka your new summer uniform.
Promising review: "So fun to wear. I got so many compliments on this two piece! The top doesn’t slide up at all and the bottoms are pretty high-waisted so it stays the whole time. The fabric kept its shape through the entire day. Shipped just as expected as well. If I had more occasions to wear this I’d buy every color." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in sizes S–L and eight colors).
23. A pair of shiny mermaid bike shorts you can get in a whopping 42 colors, so you can express your inner Ariel however you please 🧜♀️.
Zanza Designs Clothing is a San Diego-based Etsy shop established in 2013 that specializes in festival, modeling, performance, rave, and glam life clothing.
Promising review: "Excellent product! The material is spandex with cotton lining inside. I find it super comfortable to wear and get a lot of compliments." —Kristen S.
24. A pair of ultra-high-rise bike shorts so lightweight that, TBH, you just might forget to take them off at the end of the day.
Psst — reviewers love these shorts, but many recommend if you're deciding between sizes to go down a size!
Promising review: "I like that they are high-rise and feel lightweight. These are great to pair with a cute sports bra or crop top. Also great for summer they feel like you're wearing nothing!" —Kirstie
Get it from Free People for $58 (available in sizes XS–L and four colors).