Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. Mega popular, high-waisted fleece-lined leggings so beloved by reviewers (literally 20,000+ 5-star reviews!) that you can get it all KINDS of ways to suit your needs, with styles that have one (hidden) pocket, three pockets, or are water-resistant. Bonus: it comes in a zillion colors, so when you fall in love with your first pair you can collect the rest and have a cozy leggings rainbow!
Promising review: "These are so warm but still so sleek! Totally opaque, long inseam, buttery soft, and they've got pockets! I machine wash them in cold water and then hang them to dry. I have two pairs in black and I wear the heck out of them. Worth every penny." —Cassandra
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes XS–6X, three styles, and 24 colors).
2. Silky-smooth fleece-lined leggings with a stretchy, sleek fit that reviewers straight up compare to Lululemon 👀. These also feature some delightfully deep pockets *and* come in discounted bundles, so you can stock up and maximize your coziness.
Promising review: "These fleece lined leggings are perfect for the chilly fall mornings. Was definitely pleased with the fit and the softness, love the pockets, seem to be high quality. Good value for the price." —Kindle Customer
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and also available in three- and five-packs in various colors).
3. Thin fleece-lined yoga leggings you'll especially love for those "chilly, but not FREEZING" types of days — these are opaque and comfy enough to wear on their own, but can also easily slide under jeans as a base layer when Jack Frost gets a little too frosty for his own good.
4. Trustworthy Old Navy fleece-lined leggings, because if anyone knows how to do an affordable, quality legging, it's that crew. Among the *thousands* of happy reviews, fans of the leggings note that they are an excellent "every day" pair, with a super comfy stretch and plush lining.
Promising review: "These leggings have a great warm fleece lining that will keep your legs warm on even the coldest days. They have just the right amount of stretch to move with you and keep you comfortable! You'll want to wear them everyday!" —Sam G
Get it from Old Navy for $22.99 (available in sizes XS–4X, Tall and Petite sizes, and five colors).
5. Fleece-lined Altitude Stash Tights made with Athleta's sweat-wicking stretch fleece that makes it ideal for working out in the cold. These investment-worthy, height-customizable leggings are built to last a *long* time, and with the new addition of pockets, reviewers are loving them more now than ever.
Promising review: "I've loved these leggings for a while now, but they got better with the stash pocket! This is my fourth pair. I use them for cold weather walks here in Denver and as a base layer under my snowboarding clothes. They have replaced the long underwear and fleece pants I used to use under snow wear. They are incredibly warm. " —anonymous
Get it from Athleta for $119 (available in sizes XXS–3X, in Tall and Petite sizes, and in three colors).
6. TikTok-approved water-resistant fleece-lined leggings to put on your "must" list if you have any hiking plans on the horizon. The gentle compression on these makes them ideal for cold-weather adventures, and the sneaky side and back pockets certainly don't hurt!
Promising review: "I actually saw someone mention these leggings on TikTok as they were going to Iceland, as were we. I’m very particular about my leggings, especially those that are fleece-lined, and these were perfect. Not very thick at all as far as heavy fleece. Awesome stretch — I am a curvy girl so a 2XL worked for me. Stayed up on the butt, did not have any issues sliding down or showing any crack. Love the two side pockets. Outstanding stretchy material. I love them so much I’m going to order another pair." —Savvy Shopper
Get it from Amazon for $29.98+ (available in sizes S–5X, seven colors, and a pack of two).
7. Alo Yoga Airlift fleece-lined leggings for a "second skin" feel that will still keep you insulated in cold temps. This moisture-wicking, brushed interior-feel legging is especially well-suited for outdoor workouts, and reviewers love that they look just like "regular" leggings.
Promising review: "I love these! I live in the Northeast and gave up on buying lined leggings because they never stretch, and most brands make a terrible fit. These have plenty of stretch like normal yoga pants but have a thin, soft lining on the interior that adds substantial warmth. They look great on! I bought two more pairs." —Gwen G.
Get it from Alo Yoga for $138 (available in sizes XXS–L and three colors).
8. "Tights"-inspired fleece-lined leggings you can either wear as-is or wear under a skirt or dress to mimic wearing tights while still staying toasty. While they all pass the squat test, some look "transparent" like tights and some are opaque so you can get your preferred style just right.
Promising review: "Let's face it... I'm a freaking freeze baby. These babies, however, keep me toasty warm. I live in the cold tundra that is Northern Minnesota and I can go outside and my legs don't freeze off. They fit amazingly. Mine are true to size and don't roll down. Come next winter I'm buying more in different colors." —April Maus
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL, 10 styles, and in three-packs).
9. A two-pack of fleece-lined yoga leggings for anyone who wants to stock up before Elsa starts calling the shots. Reviewers note that these are thinner than other fleece-lined leggings but quite comfy, and slide in well under other pants.
Promising review: "These are well made, and I’m surprised how the material holds up to a lot of wear. I loved the first set so much, I bought another set in different colors. I may order another set just in case they quit selling these. They are so comfortable it’s like you aren’t wearing anything." —Sandra
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in sizes S–3X and in five combinations).
10. Reviewer-beloved eco-friendly fleece-lined tights that are made to order, so you can get your precise sizing and color. These are definitely worth the plunge — the bamboo fabric will keep out the cold but keep you breezy as can be.
Nayked Faith is an Oregon-based, woman-owned Etsy shop established in 2012 that specializes in eco-friendly, handmade-to-order clothing.
Promising review: "Absolutely amazing! I got the rust color and they're beautiful! They're like butter, they're extremely soft both inside and out. They're beyond comfortable and so so incredibly warm! I took them on my Iceland trip and they were the warmest leggings of all the ones I brought." —Jo Waits
11. Fleece-lined "Crash Tight" leggings so darn insulating that you'll be like, "Cold? Never heard of her." Reviewers love these not just for the comfort and warmth, but for staying PUT whether they're running, hiking, biking, or dancing to the beat of their own (freezing!!) drums.
Title Nine is a California-based, woman-run small business established in 1989 that specializes in outdoor apparel.
Promising review: "Legit cold killer. I've worn these x-country skiing on -20-degree days as a base layer and always have the pleasure of sweating. They've been perfect on their own for runs or ice skating on more typical cold (15-degree) days. I get coldest sitting still, however, and often wear these as a base layer while writing and they save the work day!" —Kathryn
Get it from Title Nine for $99 (available in sizes XS–XL, petite sizes, and five colors).
12. ThermaStretch Fleece Tights that make for an excellent mid-rise fleece legging option, designed to be breathable, lightweight, *and* super insulated against the cold. We love a functionally cozy fit!!
13. Trail Adventure fleece-lined leggings so breathable that you'll want to live in them, and so durable that no amount of cold weather daredevil-ing will wear them out. These win extra points for comfort because they feature a drawcord adjustment for a perfect high-waisted fit.
Promising review: "Favorite cold weather leggings. Super warm, comfy, and easy to wear walking, hiking, biking, running, or out and about. They are cute for 'sporty' leggings, and I have continued to grab one or two more each season. Durable as heck." —dude
Get it from Eddie Bauer for $54.99+ (originally $99; available in sizes XS–3X, Tall and Petite sizes, and five colors).
14. Comfort waist fleece-lined leggings designed with coziness in mind — this cotton knit-blend is designed to hug without feeling too constricting and is oh-so soft. Cardigans and flannels...it is your time to shine.
15. Serious Sweats" fleece-lined leggings that really hit the sweet spot of regulating you to be "not too hot, not too cold" — it's no wonder a ton of reviewers taking outdoorsy vacations seem to love these, particularly since they feature a sneaky side pocket.
Promising review: "After our recent freezing temperatures I found these leggings to keep me warm and cozy all day long. I am a pet sitter and spend a lot of time outside. These fleece lined leggings were just what I needed!!" —Suzanne
Get it from Target for $47.96 (available in sizes XS–3X, Petite sizes, and 10 colors).