1. He worked as a television executive before he became an actor.
2. His original passion was creating visual effects for film and television.
3. District 9 was his first professional acting gig.
4. All of his dialogue in District 9 was improvised.
5. He's the director of an unreleased supernatural thriller.
6. He was an enormous fan of The A-Team when he was a child.
7. Elysium is his second collaboration with director Neill Blomkamp.
8. His character, Kruger, was inspired by real-life special ops soldiers.
9. He pulled a very Kruger-like prank on co-star Matt Damon near the end of filming.
10. He's preparing to work on a third collaboration with Neill Blomkamp: a comedy sci-fi film.
Copley will step back into the lead role for upcoming sci-fi comedy Chappie, where he'll co-star alongside South African rap-rave duo Die Antwoord.