Most likely, you already have these five ingredients in your kitchen.
Their powers combined, these ingredients can be used to create homemade beauty products to improve the health and look of your skin, hair and nails.
1. Whip up egg whites and lemon juice for a safe face cleanser.
For a cleanser that sinks deep into pores to clear out dirt and makeup, whisk two egg whites until frothy, then add a few drops of lemon juice. Apply to face and leave until you feel the mask harden. After a few minutes, rinse with lukewarm water.
4. Combine three powerhouse ingredients and kiss dry skin goodbye.
Mix one ripe avocado, one egg white and a teaspoon of lemon juice until smooth. Apply to skin and let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse away to reveal soft beautiful skin.
NOTE: Lemon juice is acidic, so you may feel a bit of a sting. Keep mixture away from any open cuts.
5. Help heal damaged strands with an avocado and egg yolk hair mask.
Combine half of a ripe avocado with one egg yolk. Using a blender is best because you want the avocado as smooth as possible. Work the mixture through your hair from your scalp to the ends of your hair. Put on a shower cap and let the mask sit for at least 15 minutes. Then rinse and clean/condition normally.
6. Olive oil added to Greek yogurt makes an amazing deep conditioner.
Stir 2–3 tablespoons of olive oil in to one cup of Greek yogurt. Apply to hair from roots to tips, cover with a shower cap, and let sit for at least five minutes. If you can, sit under a dryer or heat cap. The heat helps this mask to sink even deeper into your hair follicles. Rinse and style hair as desired.
7. Soothe your scalp with olive oil and lemon juice.
Mix equal parts lemon juice, olive oil, and water. About 2 tablespoons should do the trick. Rinse your hair so that your scalp is wet, then massage the mixture into your scalp and let sit for 10–20 minutes before you shampoo.
8. Get natural highlights with lemon juice.
Pour one cup of lemon juice and about 1/4 of a cup of warm water into a spray bottle. Shake and then spray on your hair where you’d like to see highlights. Head out into the sun for about half an hour. Once you’re back inside, wash and liberally condition your hair to keep it happy and healthy.
9. Lemon juice strengthens nails and gives them a brighter, healthier look.
Simply add a few drops of lemon juice to small bowl of warm water. Soak nails until the water cools, then rinse and towel dry.
10. Your cuticles will love olive oil.
Seal moisture into your cuticles by applying olive oil during your manicure. Or whenever! Olive oil is safe to use daily on nails.
You don’t have to spend a crazy amount on new products to get pretty. Raid your own kitchen for all the tools you need.
Note: As with any new product, be sure to test on a small patch of skin or section of hair for allergens or adverse reactions.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Trump is viewed as "honest and trustworthy" by only 36% of the public, raising questions about his effectiveness in a crisis.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total disaster — and it's shows how insane and competitive the industry has become 😱
- The story of two lesbian Chinese billionaires who got married and became the richest couple alive has gone viral, but it's fake ❌