1. Meet Marco Rogers and Aniyia Williams.
They live in the Bay Area, and they are both pretty badass: Marco is a web developer and Aniyia is the founder and CEO of a startup called Tinsel. Oh, and they delivered their baby. At home. By themselves.
2. But why don’t we let Marco tell the whole story.
Yup. Strap in, because this is a wild ride.
As you may have guessed, @operaqueenie is Aniyia.
I believe this is called “foreshadowing.”
(Learn more about hypnobirthing here.)
Got that? 5 is VERY STRONG.
*googles birthing ball* Oh look, there’s a YouTube video!
Can we just pause to reflect on what an amazing husband Marco is?!
[Did you pause? I’m not going to continue until you’ve all paused.]
OK, LET’S CONTINUE.
I’m starting to think that Marco is REALLY good at foreshadowing.
La la la.
Shit, this just went from 0 to 100.
I don’t know why they needed a safe word, BUT I LIKE IT.
Remember how I said she was not just nine months pregnant, but also RUNNING A GOTDAMN COMPANY? This woman is serious #Goals.
Shit’s starting to get real over here.
I’m trying to picture myself being this calm under these circumstances, and I’m utterly failing.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL UM NO BYE KAISER
A nice bath does sound like just what the doctor ordered. OH WAIT THERE’S NO DOCTOR.
I mean, I was already riveted, but DO GO ON.
THE FIRST TIME?! Can I get whatever Aniyia is having?
35. Let’s let Aniyia interject for a moment.
This is…apparently what happens during childbirth. Lots o’ poop.
38. On that note, let’s turn it back to Marco.
“Category 5” is also how they describe a really bad hurricane, which seems apt in this scenario.
44. Back to Aniyia…
“Fuck the bra, fuck the wig” = new life motto.
47. Anyway, as Marco was saying…
OK, time to pause again to think about what a great husband Marco is.
Everyone pause? Great.
He wasn’t kidding when he said things were going to start moving faster when we got to the bath part.
Yeeeeah. Guess who’s not making it to the hospital.
HE’S PULLING A DRESS OVER HER HEAD. I MEAN. <3 <3 <3
OK, one more time: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
56. Perhaps you were wondering how Aniyia was feeling during these moments?
Note to self: Memorize the What to Expect book.
Note to self: Keep What to Expect book on my person AT ALL TIMES.
(Is your heart racing? My heart’s racing.)
This is a man you want in a crisis situation.
ALSO HOLY SHIT HIS BABY GIRL’S HEAD!!!!
Ohhhhhhh my god.
Oh fuck. Oh fuck. Oh fuck.
Oh my GOD thank god.
Are you grinning wildly now? I am grinning wildly now.
OH HOW NICE OF YOU TO JOIN US.
Welcome to the world, Noemi! And congratulations, Marco and Aniyia!
All tweets used with permission.
- Mahershala Ali won Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Moonlight." He's the first Muslim actor to win an Oscar 🏆👏
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲