Old CRT monitors are simple to disassemble, but can be dangerous if done improperly. Before embarking on any of these DIY projects, please follow these step-by-step instructions on how to gut your old monitor without seriously injuring yourself or causing it to implode.
3. Put on a family night show with a puppet theater.
Win troll parent of the year by using this this guide to transform a dead monitor into the kids’ new computer. While not part of the instructions, an old CRT could also make the perfect backdrop for their next diorama project!
4. Your cat sits on your computer anyway, so just give it to them.
6. Make a magazine rack. Then remember to buy magazines.
Created by Low Yi Siu as part of a design contest, converting an old monitor into a storage unit is as simple as picking out your furniture legs and drilling them in to the base of the CRT. Siu’s model even has a secret compartment.
- Eleven U.S. states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- President Obama will become the first sitting U.S. president to visit Hiroshima since the atomic bomb was dropped there 71 years ago.
- Good news, Canadians: If you buy medical marijuana legally, you can now get same-day delivery right to your door in Toronto and Calgary 🍁