Old CRT monitors are simple to disassemble, but can be dangerous if done improperly. Before embarking on any of these DIY projects, please follow these step-by-step instructions on how to gut your old monitor without seriously injuring yourself or causing it to implode.
3. Put on a family night show with a puppet theater.
Win troll parent of the year by using this this guide to transform a dead monitor into the kids’ new computer. While not part of the instructions, an old CRT could also make the perfect backdrop for their next diorama project!
4. Your cat sits on your computer anyway, so just give it to them.
6. Make a magazine rack. Then remember to buy magazines.
Created by Low Yi Siu as part of a design contest, converting an old monitor into a storage unit is as simple as picking out your furniture legs and drilling them in to the base of the CRT. Siu’s model even has a secret compartment.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again after crushing the Steelers. They'll play the Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈