13 Things Every American Should Experience At Least Once
Let’s get a federal mandate. Until then, DIRECTV is available nationwide. It’s coast to coast, so you’re not stuck with cable anymore. Hooray!
1. Legit bagels from the East Coast.
On the East Coast, places like Bagelsaurus are everywhere. If you've never experienced that perfect cream cheese-to-bagel ratio, you're missing out on a lox — erm, "a lot."
2. Hot springs out West.
Everyone should have access to that sweet, sweet sulfur. Natural baths, like Granite Hot Springs in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, can relax your muscles and make you one with nature at the same time.
3. Street music (and street booze!) in the Bayou.
In cities like New Orleans, almost every street overflows with talented musicians. How does it get better than that? When the bars give you to-go cups.
4. The logical streets of Washington, D.C.
6. The giant trees of the Pacific Northwest.
7. Authentic seafood from New England.
8. Rent prices on the Plains.
9. Real sweet tea from the South.
In cities like Waco, Texas, delicious sweet tea is so common that you have to specifically ask if you prefer your tea unsweetened. Though why would you?
10. Slow-roasted coffee from the Northwest.
11. Winters on the Gulf Coast.
Turns out that not everyone thinks winter is the worst: in Florida, people get to surf and sunbathe all year long. Book a beachside hotel room and show Seasonal Affective Disorder who's boss.