1. First, choose one focal point and position everything in relation to it.
It's said that if you can take a marvelous photo when facing your focal point, you've done good.
2. But if you're the rule-breaking type, consider moving one piece of furniture off the wall.
3. And once you do, get rid of leftover carpet dents with ice cubes.
4. Always opt for coffee tables with drawers. If you don't have the $$$, transform an unused dresser.
The sole purpose of a coffee table is to store items that you keep for no clear reason. No one shall ever see those items.
5. If you always have board games strewn about, turn your tabletop mess into a fun family project!
6. Then, start covering up things. Design art over your thermostat.
7. Disguise your router amongst a stack of books.
8. Move those stacks of junk above eye level.
9. Pocket your remote controls so they never go missing.
Just be sure to pull them out before you rest your sweet head.
10. Instead of throwing your throw rugs, intentionally place them!
Any ol' ladder or box will do. Look at how rustic you are!