1. They make a man look rugged.
Especially if they are leather and equipped with special mummy-fighting gun straps.
2. And yet also sophisticated.
So. much. swag.
6. But they are equally excellent shirtless.
8. And so did Robert Redford.
The All-American wonder.
9. So did Vito Corleone.
Yea, that’s right, the Godfather, back when he was both badass and unbearably gorgeous.
10. They keep pants high-waisted so they’re generous in covering belly bulge.
11. They beautifully outline the curve of a man’s back.
Guys, let’s bring sexy back.
12. They imbue the wearer with a sense of power.
Like a power suit, suspenders give off the impression that you’re the boss and don’t give a shit what anybody thinks.
14. They have a film noir quality to them.
15. And an Old World charm.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝