GREEN VEGETABLE AND TORTELLINI SOUP
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, medium diced
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups College Inn® Chicken Broth
- 1 ½ cups small broccoli florets
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Del Monte® Cut Green Beans
- 2 ½ cups baby spinach
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini, cooked
- 1 packed cup basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ cup olive oil
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and salt and saute for 10 minutes until softened. Add College Inn® Chicken Broth and bring to a light simmer.
Add the broccoli and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the Del Monte® Cut Green Beans, baby spinach and tortellini. Bring back up to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Make pesto: add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula.
Ladle soup out into bowls and stir a tablespoon of pesto into each bowl. Serve!