2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cup flour
8 eggs, beaten
3 cups seasoned bread crumbs
Oil, for frying
1 cup tomato sauce
8 ounces mozzarella, sliced or shredded
¼ cup grated Parmesan
Basil, chopped, to garnish
1. In a food processor, add the chicken, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika, and pulse until thoroughly combined, with no large chunks.
2. Spread the mixture evenly into the bottom of a plastic wrap-lined, 10-inch cake pan. Fold over the excess saran wrap on top, and press it into a flat shape. Freeze until completely frozen solid, 2-4 hours.
3. In 3 separate shallow dishes, distribute the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs.
4. Unwrap the frozen chicken disc and dip it in the flour, shaking off any excess.
5. Submerge it into the eggs, then cover it completely with the bread crumbs, pressing the bread crumbs into the chicken.
6. Freeze for 15 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to broil.
8. Add oil to a large, deep pan halfway up the side to 400°F (200°C).
9. Carefully lower the chicken disc into the oil with tongs, making sure it doesn’t splash. If the bottom is getting more color than the top, flip the patty extremely carefully and fry the other side until a deep golden brown.
10. Remove the chicken disc from the oil and transfer to a wire rack. Blot with paper towels to remove excess oil.
11. Add the tomato sauce to the fried chicken disc, spreading it in an even layer.
12. Lay the mozzarella over the sauce, then sprinkle with Parmesan over the top.
13. Broil for 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
14. Top with basil, slice, and enjoy!