2. Super Green Quinoa Salad with Fresh Basil and Pistachios
How to make yourself feel like a superhero in 30 minutes or less: Prepare and eat this green salad, starring quinoa (full or protein, iron, fiber, and plenty of other nutrients), kale, avocado, and pistachios. Recipe here.
3. Beet, Carrot and Pomegranate Salad
Pomegranates are packed with antioxidants and fiber, as well as B vitamins, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and potassium. The beets have tons of nutrients as well, including magnesium and iron. And adding pistachios means you get some protein with this salad, too. (Feel free to add more than the 1/4 cup the recipe calls for!) Recipe here.
5. Broccoli and Avocado Quesadillas
Craving something cheesy? Stick some broccoli in there — it’s full of a sulforaphane, a compound that rids your body of cancer-causing chemicals, and indole-3-carbinol, another cancer preventer. The avocado adds a layer of creamy, superfood goodness. Recipe here.
6. Raw Cocoa, Nut & Berry Truffles
Who says you should skip dessert? This truffle recipe has so many superfoods, it’s hard to count: Goji berries (used in ancient Chinese medicine), cocoa (avoid anything called “Dutch” or “alkalized” — the processing destroys the antioxidants), hemp seeds (rich in fatty acids and nutrients), chia seeds (high protein, low-cal), and heart-healthy walnuts. Recipe here.
7. Grill-able Bean Artichoke Spinach Cauliflower Burger
Like its cousin broccoli, cauliflower is a power vegetable, with lots of omega-3 fatty acids, cancer-preventing compounds, and Vitamin C. Add in white beans, spinach, and oat flour and this recipe is just bursting with nutrition. BONUS: It’s a veggie burger you can actually grill. Recipe here.
8. Cranberry Pistachio Energy Bites
Pistachios, chia seeds, and oats combine forces to give you lots of protein that you can eat on the go. Want to make this recipe even super-er? Switch out the white chocolate chips for dark chocolate ones and you’ll add antioxidants. Recipe here.
9. Sardine Avocado Toast
Sardines have as much omega-3 fats as salmon, but without all the contaminants, (especially heavy in farmed salmon). Sardines are also way cheaper and have lots of calcium in their edible bones. The avocado gives this easy ‘wich plenty of fiber, potassium, and Vitamin C. Recipe here.
11. Artichoke Spinach Pizza with White Beans
TBH, pizza is a superfood of its own but the white beans give this recipe lots of fiber and protein — and none of the saturated fat that would come with a meat topping. The spinach adds even more nutrition. So go ahead. Eat some pizza. Recipe here.
12. Grapefruit Roasted Beets, Greens and White Beans with Pistachio Butter
White beans can help with weight loss, beets can lower blood pressure and boost energy levels, broccoli is a king amongst vegetables, and pistachios are packed with lutein, an antioxidant that boosts vision and skin. So is this salad worth the effort it takes to make it? Yeah, I’d say it is. Recipe here.
13. Avocado, Spinach & Pineapple Smoothie
Avocados make this smoothie nice and creamy, PLUS give it lots of fiber, potassium, heart-healthy fats and Vitamin C (just to name a few benefits). The spinach will give you plenty of iron, which serves a number of important functions, including keeping your hair and nails healthy. Recipe here.
14. Oat Risotto with Roasted Cauliflower
Oats give this risotto lots of fiber and cholesterol-lowering power, not to mention they will keep you feeling full longer than white rice ever could. Adding the cauliflower makes sense because let’s face it: Two superfoods are always better than one. (Make this recipe vegetarian by subbing in vegetable broth for the chicken version.) Recipe here.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎