16 Hilariously Honest Titles For Classic Books
The Great Gatsby should really be retitled Drink Responsibly. From comedian Dan Wilbur's Better Book Titles.
1. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
2. Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss
3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. Hamlet by William Shakespeare
7. The Odyssey by Homer
8. Moby-Dick by Herman Melville
9. The Bible
10. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
11. Ulysses by James Joyce
12. Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
13. As You Like It by William Shakespeare
14. Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
15. A Separate Peace by John Knowles
16. Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth
Dan Wilbur is a comedian, author, and the creator of Better Book Titles. His writing has been featured on McSweeney's, College Humor, Someecards, and The Onion News Network.
Never Flirt with Puppy Killers: And Other Better Book Titles is out now. To learn more, click here.