3. And then there was the thing that came after. The thing we won’t say. The thing that reminded you: Oh yeah, I’m a Caps fan.
4. Because it’s hard being a Caps fan. You learn to fear springtime. Since the Caps went to the Stanley Cup Finals in 1998, Washington’s had nine playoff trips — and only three series wins.
8. Take Alex Ovechkin. He’s coming off an MVP season, and he’s still getting better at right wing. He’s a veteran now in his 9th NHL season — but he’s only 28.
10. Braden Holtby’s between the pipes — and oh yes, over the past three seasons, he’s got a 93% save percentage in even-strength play, seventh best in the league.
He’s got help, too. Mike Green, Karl Alzner, and John Carlson are dominant on the blue line.
11. And yeah, there’s that power play — which scored on an insane 27% of its chances last year.
12. Maybe they’re not the front-runners this year. But this team is pretty talented.
13. So this is no time to stop rocking the red.
16. Why not a season with a reigning MVP leading the way? Why not Nicky and Greeny and the rest of these guys?
18. Unleash the fury, boys.
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌