5. Above 355 degrees Celsius (the Curie temperature), nickel is no longer magnetic
4. Nickel can also be mined from large deposits on the ocean's floor.
3. It was first discovered to be an element by Alex Fredrik Cronstedt in 1751.
2. Pure nickel is rarely found on Earth.
1. Roughly six percent of the world's nickel is used to nickel-plate objects to protect them from corrosion.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!