31 Products That'll Make A Huge Difference In Your Beauty Routine
Take your routine to the next level with a primer, hair mask, eye cream, and more that are anything but routine.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An easy-to-use collagen-coating hair mask so it looks like your hair hasn't undergone years of abuse at the hands of bleach and blow-dryers.
Read our Elizavecca CER-100 Collagen Coating Hair Protein Treatment review to learn more about why my colleague calls it "the miracle product I've been searching for."
Promising review: "I have 4c hair and was looking for a protein treatment for my thin and fragile hair. I had recently used a product in my hair that had so much alcohol in it; that wreaked havoc on my hair, leaving it pretty damaged. I was very skeptical about this product because I have never seen anyone with my hair type use it. Boy was I wrong to doubt this product, it left my hair looking and feeling beautiful. I highly recommend it to anyone natural or with curly hair." —Therese-Claire
Get it from Amazon for $7.90.
2. A budget-friendly putty primer for blurring pores, smoothing wrinkles, and getting that virtually airbrushed look. Plus, this primer is mixed with squalane, which offers a whole host of hydrating skin benefits.
Promising review: "This is smooth, blends well with foundation, and feels good on the skin. Sets well with powder. I sometimes wear it alone for a little smoother look. Since it's colorless, it doesn't look like foundation. The price is great and I've yet to see it in a store. I like that I can control how much to apply, and a little goes a long way. It appears to wash off well. Will be buying it again." —Momma Bee
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
3. A pack of Skin1004's zombie masks that'll deliver skin-tightening, fine line-reducing benefits at the small price of looking like an extra in The Walking Dead for 15 minutes. It'll just make the post-facial reveal that much more sweet!
The kit includes eight Zombie Pack sets (powder and activator), plus one applicator brush!
Promising review: "When you put it on, the smell hits you hard. As it is on your face the smell is not too bad and the mask tingles as it dries. Wash it off and reveal clean, smooth skin. Plus fun to take pictures looking like a cracked mess." —raine
Get an eight-pack from Amazon for $19.
4. This Korean exfoliating mitt if you love the delightful feeling of disgust that comes with seeing dead skin slough away right before your eyes and knowing that your skin is going to feel SO SMOOTH after.
Promising review: "Right out of the box I could tell these mitts were going to be exactly what I needed. Excellent quality and easy to use! I’ve tried them twice already and my skin is now incredibly smooth! After I scrubbed my arm, I looked at the mitt and saw it was covered with dead skin cells. I’ll be buying more of these as gifts for girlfriends (in a fun spa gift basket)!" —Danielle Gill
Get it from Amazon for $8.19.
5. A tub of rejuvenating eye cream to tighten, brighten, and lift those tired eyes and make it look like you actually got enough sleep and didn't stay up late rewatching The Office...again.
Promising review: "I never ever write reviews. I have tried every eye cream out there. Not one does what is says. This was immediate! I saw softening of my wrinkles and crow's feet. It’s amazing. I will be buying this again and again." —melisa delaney
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in three sizes).
6. A painless, mint-flavored teeth-whitening pen because traditional strips are tough to use, expensive, and can leave you with teeth sensitivity that is, in my professional opinion, NO fun. With this pen you can get instant results without the lingering sensitivity.
Promising review: "I bought this on a whim when I saw someone review it on TikTok. After using it several times over the course of a week, I immediately noticed the difference in the color of my teeth. I'm a smoker and a heavy coffee drinker. I'm finding that this product will be a lifesaver in terms of what my smile looks like. I would definitely recommend!!" —Mully
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $19.99.
7. An an all-in-one hot air brush so you can style, dry, and volumize hair in one easy step. This gadget combines the heat of a blow-dryer with the shape and bristles of a round brush to make quick, at-home blowouts a breeze.
Promising review: "I have very thick, wavy hair. I can never blow out my hair because it's too hard to hold the round brush and hair dryer in the right spots. THIS!! It is everything all in one and the oval shape makes it so easy to use. It gets really hot. It is a little loud on high, but I've found if my hair is already a little dry then I can just use it on low. I used a blow-dry primer spray to accelerate the drying time and protect my hair. I'm in love! The flat iron always flattens my hair and makes it look dry. This straightens and retains the volume and gives it a soft, nondamaged look." —SAHM2011
Some reviewers with 4a–c curls like the barrel brush, but if you're looking for something to blow out tight curls or coils consider the Revlon one-step paddle brush, which is designed with curlier hair in mind!
Get it from Amazon for $34.87+ (available in two styles).
8. A multi-tasking vitamin C serum with over 65,500 5-star ratings for anyone looking to take care of dark circles, sun spots, redness, and breakouts once and for all.
Check out our TruSkin Vitamin C Serum deep dive for more info!
Promising review: "This stuff is amazing! I am 39 and have dark spots on my face from sun damage and some scarring from cystic acne. Holy cow, this has lightened my dark spots by at least 75%. Honestly a miracle. And for the price! Other brands are four times the price. Try this out for sure. Stick to it and give it some time. I saw an amazing difference, so so happy with it. Also, some of the best customer service I’ve ever had." —Ashley F.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in two sizes).
9. A ridiculously charming exfoliating stick that acts as a gentle skin scrub to draw out excess sebum, whiteheads, and blackheads from your pores. And after you're done ogling at all the gunk your octopus friend evicted from your face, just give it a rinse, and reuse later.
Promising review: "After just two days of use, this adorable little octopus has done wonders for me. Smells great too. Here's how I used it: I wore down the stick just a little to where the texture from the salt is visible, scrubbed around on my face so there was plenty of product, then I used my fingers to gently massage all the gunk away. Rinse, pat dry, and enjoy the softness. Highly recommended for people with sensitive skin like myself." —LuckLocust
Get it from Amazon for $12.50.
10. A gluten- and cruelty-free lengthening mascara if you're tired of getting excited about mascaras that never live up to their promises. This one is different — or at least according to the 171,000+ 5-star ratings.
Promising review: "Holy grail mascara! I've used this mascara for about three years now and it still tops any other mascara I've tried. It will transfer if you apply it to your lower lashes, so I use a different mascara for my bottom lashes, which I don't mind at all. I always get asked if I'm wearing falsies! It's a mascara that stays wet longer, so I always apply one coat, let it get tacky, then apply a second coat for best results." —Joseph Gonzalez
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
11. A bottle of nail and cuticle care oil you apply like a clear coat of polish to give your nails all the cuticle-softening, nail-strengthening nourishment they've been craving.
Promising review: "I had peeling, weak nails for years. Tried everything. I bought this in February. This size bottle lasted a bit more than a month with me religiously applying it two to three times a day. I was really seeing great improvement, so I bought another bottle in late March. By May, all the peeling had grown out and my nails were getting stronger every day. I then bought the big 4-ounce refill bottle because I never want to run out of it again! Cannot recommend this stuff enough!" —Diana
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
12. A pack of multipurpose dermaplaning razors because that middle school eyebrow mishap has made face shaving and brow shaping feel like a daunting task. These teeny-tiny blades safely remove peach fuzz, exfoliate skin, and include a precision cover for worry-free eyebrow maintenance.
Promising review: "Took me a little while to figure out the right angle to use this effectively but once I did it worked like a charm. I’ve used it for shaping eyebrows and managing the little bit of blonde peach fuzz I have on my upper lip. I haven’t tried it anywhere else but no bad reactions or pain, and relatively easy to maneuver with a bit of practice." —Kelly G.
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $5.67.
13. A volcanic stone face roller so you can soak up excess face oil even if you have makeup on! Unlike blotting papers, this roller is able to be washed and reused, reducing waste and saving you $$$.
Promising review: "Amazing! I have very oily skin and I’m always shiny. I hate those blotting papers; this is so much better! I roll it all over my face several times a day and in seconds my skin is matte again. Also, it’s like a nice little face massage when I do it. It is super easy to take apart to clean, and after using hot water and my facial cleanser it is dry pretty quick, though I usually just let it sit out overnight. Highly recommend!! I’m going to buy more so I can leave them all over — purse, diaper bag, bathroom, car!" —Brooke Burns
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
14. A tube of Glossier Boy Brow for instantly filling and fluffing brows with just a couple of quick swipes. Now, who's ready to face the day with the best brows on the block?
15. A rechargeable hair trimmer that delivers silky-smooth legs without requiring that you partake in the laborious act of shaving. This palm-sized shaver can be used anytime, anywhere, without soap or water, *and* is perfect for anyone who regularly struggles with nicks, irritation, and razor bumps.
Promising review: "I love love love this shaver. It works great. Easy to use. Its design is a comfortable fit in my hand. The side grips allow no slipping. The more I use it the smoother my legs are. I have coarse hair and trouble with razor burn and ingrown hairs. This unit feels like an exfoliant treatment each time I use it. Really great. No irritation. I highly recommend it." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $59.99.
16. Or a skin solution if you're someone who shaves or waxes with skin that rebels with angry red razor bumps and ingrown hairs every time you do. Apply this post hair removal for silky smooth results.
Promising review: "I was very surprised by how well this product works. I’ve been using it once a day every day for the past month and it really has made a difference. Exfoliating wasn’t enough for my skin and I don’t like to sit there pulling out my ingrown hairs. It smells like alcohol but I was very surprised by how it leaves my skin. It does not dry it out, leaves it moisturized and my ingrowns have been reducing." —Krystle
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in two sizes).
17. A black eyeliner stamp to take the anxiety-inducing guesswork out of liquid eyeliner application and make it easy to achieve a perfect cat-eye look every time.
The set comes with two double-ended pens. Each pen has one side with the wing stamp, and the other with a traditional liquid eyeliner tip.
Promising review: "I have very hooded eyes and this works great still! Make sure you give extra time to dry though. It’s humid and 85 degrees today and I went to a party and spent time outside and sweated and this eyeliner didn’t budge! The picture is right before bed." —hklep
Get it from Amazon for $14.97 (available in three sizes).
18. Or an award-winning cruelty-free eyeliner because it glides on smoothly, is brightly pigmented, and lasts a long time, so you can get the bold look you're after without the subsequent raccoon eyes.
Kulfi Beauty (named for a type of South Asian ice cream) is a woman-owned small biz that Priyanka Ganjoo founded after spending years working in the beauty industry without ever seeing herself represented. Their mission is all about creating space for self-expression, particularly within the South Asian community, and all of their products are made with the skin concerns of WOC in mind.
Promising review: "This product glides on so smoothly and stays on all day, even on oily lids. The colors also look fantastic on brown skin! I just repurchased a couple of shades; I’m never using another liner." —Devika S.
Get it from Kulfi Beauty for $20 (available in five colors).
19. A pack of 40 acne patches so you can stop that zit dead in its tracks with gunk-absorbing powers that speed up the pimple healing process. The sticker format can also help prevent you from picking or popping.
Promising review: "I ordered these on a whim after a long day of isolation and internet browsing and because I have a terrible habit of picking at spots on my face and making them into something much much worse. These magical spots are life-changing!!! Put them on before bed (or before work) on clean skin and FORGET about them. You don't notice they're there — unless you go to pick at something and then YOU STOP!! Leave them in place for at least six hours and then peel them off. They come off easily (but not so easy that they come off while sleeping) and the amount of 'bleck' they suck out is amazing!!! So a spot that was going to erupt into Mount Vesuvius ends up being NOTHING!!!! I've purchased six packages and will keep buying them. An amazing value!" —Jennifer Nothdurft
20. A miraculous dark circles concealer with a built-in sponge applicator for brightening up any stubborn dark circles with crease-resistant coverage.
Promising review: “I love this concealer! I am pale and the brightener has a slight pink undertone, so it works well to cancel out any darkness under my eyes, but also works as a concealer too. It doesn’t feel dry under my eyes. I always have a hard time finding a concealer that I love because most make my under eyes look dry/cakey even though they seem well moisturized before. I love how well this conceals but still feels so lightweight!" —OneWhisper
Get it from Amazon for $7.98+ (available in 18 shades).
21. A vegan exfoliating body scrub that buffs away bumps by combining the benefits of a chemical peel and microdermabrasion into one gentle, at-home treatment. If you struggle with persistent KP, this scrub is for you.
Promising review: "I saw this on TikTok and Instagram. I decided to try it and it really works. I used it on my thighs and upper arms. I noticed a difference the first time and even more the second time!!! Fabulous product. Worth every penny." —Launa
Get it from Amazon for $12+ (available in three sizes).
22. Some adhesive abstract floral nail wraps if you want a bold salon-quality manicure without shelling out the big bucks. If applied correctly, they should last for around a week (or more!) and all you have to do is peel, stick, file, and finish with a topcoat.
Pretty Fab Nails is a Florida-based Etsy shop creating bright and bold nail wraps to upgrade your at-home manicure game.
Promising review: "Very cute. Just as pictured. Fast shipping...Great sticking power as long as you follow instructions. I used Essie's top coat on mine. So far, they've been on for six days and no lifting in sight. My hands are pretty busy so six days is amazing." —Joy
23. A set of five makeup sponges to get the same blending prowess as the $20 name brand alternatives. These sponges can be used wet or dry and offer airbrush-level blending without the high price tag.
Promising review: "I’m honestly really stinking happy with my little sponges. They double in size as soon as you get them damp but they don’t soak up any of my foundation so nothing goes to waste. It applies my makeup smoothly and works just as well as a Beautyblender but for a fraction of the price. Totally worth it" —Corgi Lover
Get a five-pack from Amazon for $9.99 (available in four color schemes).
24. A beloved-by-the-internet detangling brush because your old brush isn't going to change no matter how many pain-induced swears you throw its way. Time to upgrade to something that will treat your kinky-curly locks with the respect they deserve.
Promising review: "I purchased this brush three weeks ago and have used it every day. I like the brush so much I ordered three more for my adult daughters. Not only is the brush gentle on my gray hair, but it also feels like I am giving myself a head massage. Also, I appreciate the wide hand base design. I have rheumatoid arthritis and it is not always easy to grip an ordinary hairbrush. Plus, the brush is easy to clean. It truly glides through my wet hair." —ANS
Get it from Amazon for $12.49 (available in six colors).