The Jhalak Prize for Book of the Year by a Writer of Colour is a new annual award seeking to celebrate books by British/British resident BAME writers.
Here is the 2017 longlist:
1. Chasing the Stars by Malorie Blackman
2. Harmless Like You by Rowan Hisayo Buchanan
3. Nina Is Not OK by Shappi Khorsandi
4. Orangeboy by Patrice Lawrence
5. Augustown by Kei Miller
6. The Girl Of Ink And Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
7. A Rising Man by Abir Mukherjee
8. Speak Gigantular by Irenosen Okojie
9. Black And British: A Forgotten History by David Olusoga
10. In the Bonesetter’s Waiting Room: Travels through Indian Medicine by Aarathi Prasad
11. The Bone Readers by Jacob Ross
12. Another Day In The Death Of America by Gary Younge
The Jhalak Prize shortlist will be announced 6th February, and the winner will be announced in March.
For more info visit their website.