We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A highly-rated bathroom cleaner made with natural ingredients to leave your tiles shining and your tub as sparkly as the day you moved in. Plus, it's free of fumes and synthetic dyes, so you won't have to worry about any mid-chore headaches.
Promising review: "I have an old shower/bathtub. I tried name-brand shower cleaners and bleach to try to clean the soap scum off the tiles and tub. I had no luck and I would cough and get sick because of how strong the smell was. I thought I would try this to save my lungs. I sprayed my entire shower and left it for about 15 minutes. Came back and rinsed off the walls and they were shiny! I've never had such a clean shower. The smell is amazing and subtle. All I smell is tea tree and it didn't affect me at all. The price is also a good deal since the bottle is pretty large." —Amber Erwin
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $13.04 (available in two sizes).
2. A pre-mixed multi-fabric cleaner you can spray on everything from curtains to car upholstery to mattresses. If your couch is looking a little dingy lately, you'll definitely want this on-hand before guests come over.
Promising review: “I just got a brand-new mattress and my cat got locked in my room and peed on my mattress in two places, leaving two big yellow SMELLY stains! I was worried about finding a product that would be OK on my pillow top mattress. I was skeptical at first with the product being so cheap but the reviews had me sold! I sprayed it on my mattress liberally and waited five minutes as instructed. It says to blot but with my stains I scrubbed and was amazed when the stain started to disappear. I repeated one time and I honestly can’t locate where the stains used to be! Super impressed! Like others I also really appreciated the nice fragrance! Didn’t smell like chemicals at all!” —Hailey Brown
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
3. A wine-stain removing spray so you'll no longer panic when you accidentally spill that glass of merlot during Bachelor night. It even works on coffee, fruit punch, ink, and pet accidents, so you'll probably want the bottle near you at all times.
Wine Away is a woman-owned business that was founded by Staci Wanichek (the CEO), and her mom, Cheryl, over 20 years ago.
Promising review: "Amazing cleaning power in one small bottle. When my friend told me she'd heard of this product from her wine group, I realized immediately this is something I can use even for non-wine-related spills. And immediately upon receiving this stain remover, I had the opportunity to spritz a spray on my placemat where someone had accidentally gotten some gel marker pen ink smeared all over it. With just a few quick sprays, I was able to wash the placemat, and it came out of the wash looking clean and fabulous! Food stains have also come out of the placemat just as easily, and I'm just delighted to have such a powerful cleanser available for those unplanned moments when the next stains occur. Highly recommended!" —Cynthia Sue Larson
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
To learn more, check out our review on which cleaning gadgets actually work.
4. A garbage disposal cleaner — it foams up to help break down any food residue that's been lingering in there for far too long.
Promising review: "Seeing is believing. Not only does it do a great job, but you can see it happening. It doesn’t just mask the smell and leave a lemon scent like some products, it cleans too and looks fun. Idk. Blue foam comes out and that’s good enough for me." —sylvie yah
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $4.68 (also available in a pack of 24).
5. A fruit fly trap so you can finally leave your produce out on the counter without attracting any unwanted flying guests. It even looks like an apple so it'll blend in perfectly in your fruit bowl. ~Don't be suspicious, don't be suspicious!~
Promising review: "Our home was infested with fruit flies. As a household of minimal fresh produce and a mostly nitrate rich menu, we were confused and horrified when these tiny, evil monsters took over our house. These apple jobs are LEGIT. Within an hour or less they had captured a good amount of flies. I just bought more." —MotherofChaos
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $5.89 (also available in packs of four and 12).
6. A three-pronged duster to reach in between your blinds, because they are probably way dirtier than you think 😬.
The duster comes with five microfiber sleeves so you can take care of all your windows at once before giving the sleeves a good wash.
Promising review: "A super time saver. It legitimately used to take us hours to clean all the blinds. We can now do all the faux-wood Venetian blinds in the house in about one hour. It's really nice that it comes with some spare cloths for it, and it's cheap enough to buy a whole additional set so we can make more than one kid do this chore at the same time." —R.D.
Get it from Amazon for $7.99 (available in two colors).
7. A glass cleaner that'll remove any stubborn hard-water spots and have your shower doors looking so clean you might accidentally walk into them.
Promising review: "This product works beautifully. I tried a lot of products to remove the hard water from my glass shower. I have to admit — the first time I used it with a cloth, it was not very effective. The second time I used a nonabrasive sponge for glass. It turned out beautiful, just like the first day the glass was installed." —EJP
Get it from Amazon for $11.65.
8. A grout ink pen to take the space between your tiles from grimy to shiny in a few simple swipes. It's like a more productive version of an adult coloring book!
This won't clean your grout but it'll make it look brand-new.
Promising review: "I was pleasantly surprised by how far these went. I did the entire floor of my large master bathroom plus a little of the shower with one pen. It is pretty forgiving and you have quite a bit of working time before it dries completely. This was not a quick task, but it went faster than I thought it would. I was worried the white would look too bright, but it just makes everything look so much cleaner. Very happy with this product!" —Jenelle
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in two sizes).
9. An over-the-drain hair catcher you simply position down on your shower floor and let it collect all your loose strands in a tidy pile that's super easy to clean up.
Promising review: "I've been very impressed! It's tall enough to fit easily over my pop-up drain and (even without suction cups) the weighted top keeps it in place. I have medium-length hair and seem to shed almost as much as my cat, but the drain protector catches it all and the hair is easily removed and tossed away. Best of all, the silicone doesn't hold onto mildew or mold. I have been able to spray and wipe away any grime with very little effort. It looks like this drain protector will last a very long time. This has been a very worthy purchase!" —Suneimi
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
10. A pack of cleaning tablets to clean your dishwasher for you, because I bet you didn't know you should be cleaning it. These will break down lime and mineral buildup so your dishes come out looking as sparkly as they do in all those dish soap commercials.
Promising review: "After using this product, I am happy to report that my $5 investment saved me over $500. I was ready to replace my dishwasher due to super cloudy glasses, residue, and just not getting clean. Then, I became aware that the water softener no longer was doing its job, so I had the rental company replace it. Dishwasher performance improved somewhat. I decided to do two more loads before deciding to purchase a new one. Then I saw a product test review for Affresh in a magazine. I was ordering some stuff from Amazon anyway, so I added that to my order. When it came, I tossed one of the tablets into the bottom of the full machine, per instructions, and ran the regular cycle. I did not expect the results I got! My glassware that I thought was permanently etched and ruined came out like new. Same with cutlery. The difference is unbelievable. I will use this faithfully on a monthly basis, as recommended. I can even put it on my subscribe and save order, so I will get a new pack every six months. I am amazed!" —Sheila
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $8.99.
11. A beloved interior cleaner that'll have your car back to the way it looked before that entire bag of chips exploded all over the back seats.
Promising review: "This does exactly what I wanted — clean all the interior surfaces of my car while not leaving any residues, streaks, or strong odors. I first used this on my 4-month-old Grand Cherokee Trailhawk that was CAKED in dust (inside!) from a recent off-road adventure. The Total Interior cleaner cleaned all my surfaces — dash, screen, leather seats, etc. without leaving any streaky residues or strong odors, good or bad. After things settled my car looked and smelled new again!" –T. Porter
Get it from Amazon for $10.97.
12. A pack of special silicone cups so you can whip up poached eggs like a professional chef.
Promising review: "My wife loves poached eggs and I never knew how to make them, only eggs over-easy, omelets. So, I researched the procedure and found these Cozlife egg poachers highly rated and simple. After three sets of faultless poached eggs, my wife is very happy." —OceanAveBoy
Get a set of four from Amazon for $10.97.
13. A foot file for anyone who feels like their feet are never ready for any occasion. This grater will grind away at calluses and have your heels and toes looking silky smooth in no time.
Promising review: "OMG, these should be standard issue to every human. I’ve bought them all, the cheap foot files, the expensive ones, the Ped Egg and even a foot file from that direct sales nail wrap company. None of those remotely compare to this one. I thought I was reduced to course heels forever; no more! With just one use my heels are fabulous! The calluses this thing removed were absolutely disgusting, but I couldn’t be happier. You won’t be disappointed!!" —JMart
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
14. A bottle of CND Essentials nail and cuticle oil to have your hands looking as shiny and flawless as they do when you leave the salon, except without the outrageous salon prices.
15. A jar of conditioner for your cutting board, because you probably had no idea you should be taking care of it in between washings. The blend of coconut oil and beeswax will keep it protected, bright, and shiny — and it even works on wooden utensils and furniture!
16. A set of cleaning K-Cups to remove all of the built-up grime in your Keurig machine. You'd be surprised how much coffee residue and old coffee grinds can get stuck in the dispenser.
Promising review: "I bought this product because the needle in my Keurig 2.0 keeps clogging, causing inconsistent brew and taste. These cleaning cups fixed both of my issues and I especially liked that it was really quick and easy to use… I put the cleaning pod in and ran one cycle, then took the pod out and ran a rinse cycle to clean out any leftover grinds. FAST, EASY, and GREAT results…VERY HAPPY!!" —Corey West
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $9.95 (also available in a pack of 12).
17. An enzyme-based laundry stain remover so you won't have to panic the next time you accidentally spill some tomato sauce on your favorite top.
Promising review: "For whatever reason, I am ALWAYS spilling things on my shirts and I cook every night (sometimes I remember the apron, sometimes I don't). My clothes are a mess by the end of the day. I'm not proud of it, but there it is. I have tried EVERYTHING there is to remove stains and this is the absolute BEST thing out there. (There is simply not a major stain remover that I have not tried.) The only thing close is a long presoak (I mean like six hours) in Oxyclean. With Puracy, you get the best result by doing it well in advance, but for me that is another plus because I would far rather spray them when I put them in the hamper than do it all at once just before I do the laundry. It seems to get everything out and I've never had any trouble with damaged fabric. I don't really review very much, but this is seriously outstanding." —NYC Buyer
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in three sizes).
18. A granite and stone cleaner – not only will it have your countertops looking ready for the pages of Architectural Digest but it also kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
19. A 20-pack of cleaning erasers to tackle all the messes left behind by all those summer arts and crafts fails. They're more affordable than name brands but still...um...magic, if you catch my drift.
Promising review: "These babies have transformed and reformed my slobby life. My dog sitter thought I got a new sink and fridge. I have never had more fun cleaning in my life — wait, I have never had any fun cleaning. But these magical creatures make it so freaking satisfying. No toxic stuff. No fumes. Just heavenly cleanliness." —Jimmy Jim Ereeno
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $12.95.
20. An all-natural scouring paste that'll show all the gunk in your sink and the soap scum in your tub who's boss. You can even use it as a nontoxic oven cleanser — so go ahead and buy an extra tub for the kitchen.
Humble Suds is a small cleaning brand run by two moms — Holli Schuab and Jennifer Parnell — in Evergreen, Colorado. All of their products are made from powerful, plant-based ingredients and packaged with recyclable materials. They recommend applying a tablespoon of their scouring paste to a cloth and then scrubbing in a circular motion.
My Shopping team colleague Danielle Healy is a fan (she took the photos above!), saying:
"I recently moved into a new apartment, so lately I've been cleaning A LOT. Shortly after moving in, my partner and I went to store something on the top of the kitchen cabinets only to find them caked in a thick layer of grime 🤢. After going at it with regular multipurpose cleaner (with little success) we broke out the scour paste as a last-ditch effort and OH BOY did this miracle product deliver (pics above). If it can handle that grossness, it's going to have no problem with day-to-day messes like soap scum and burnt-on food. Plus, it smells delightful and comes in minimal, low-waste packaging!"
21. A carpet cleaner to clean up everything from spaghetti mishaps to cold brew spills in the car. It also works almost instantly — just spray, gently agitate with your fingers, then blot with a cloth!
Promising review: "It’s a miracle in a bottle. My German shepherd mix decided to pull a black fountain pen out of my purse and chew it to pieces on my beige carpet while I was sleeping — this cleaner lifted the stain and now it’s like the devastation my dog caused never happened! As soon as I saw it lifting the ink, I got back on Amazon and bought more bottles. I will never let myself run out of this. I use it in my Bissell carpet cleaner for some crazy-good cleaning power. I’ve become that weird lady who goes around singing the praises of a cleaning product. No regrets." —L. Logan
Get it from Amazon for $13.45+ (available in two sizes and various packs).