This Tomato, Basil, & Mozzarella Chicken Is Literally To Die For
Keep it fresh for dinner!
Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Olive oil, to taste
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
Oregano, to taste
1 ball of fresh mozzarella
1 medium tomato
5 leaves of fresh basil
For the balsamic glaze:
1 cup inexpensive dark balsamic vinegar
⅓ cup honey
*Try your leftover glaze on everything from vegetables to ice cream! Store in a cool, dry place away from direct light.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, season both sides of the chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
3. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and juices run clear.
4. While the chicken is in the oven, combine the balsamic vinegar and honey in a sauce pot and simmer, stirring occasionally. It should take about 20 minutes for the mixture to reduce. Once the glaze has reached your desired thickness, remove it from the heat and set aside.
5. Remove the chicken from the oven and top with slices of mozzarella and tomato, then broil for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and the tomatoes are slightly charred. While the chicken is broiling, you can chiffonade (cut into thin strips) the basil.
6. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the chicken and top with basil. Enjoy!