31 Of The Best Things Under $40 From Walmart That You Can Get For Your Bathroom
Excuse me while I turn my bathroom into a reasonably-priced oasis.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A blue-and-white shower set that will brighten up your bathroom with touches of marble and diamond print.
The set includes one shower curtain, two bathroom rugs, and 12 shower curtain hooks.
Promising review: "If you're looking for a shower curtain set that's simple yet elegant, this is the one! This set actually surprised me and came out looking better than I expected. I love how soft the colors are."—Sonia
3. A three-tier shower caddy that comes with an extension pole, so that it can stand on its own in the corner of your shower.
4. A free-standing toilet paper holder and dispenser, because there's nothing worse than realizing there's no toilet paper left when you...uh...really need some.
5. A bronze-finished towel ring, so you finally have a place to hang up those pretty monogrammed hand towels you got as a housewarming gift.
6. A chenille and memory foam bathmat that is nonslip and extremely absorbent, so your feet will dry quickly, and your floor won't get slippery.
Promising review: "Chenille mats are my fave, but I've never found one that actually stays put. This one stays put! It has a strong anti-slip bottom, which keeps it in place. The blue color is absolutely gorgeous and matched my bathroom wonderfully. It feels so luxurious on the feet. I also find that it dries quickly. Really can't go wrong here." —BRKLYNMOM91
Price: $9.88+ (available in eight colors)
7. A 17-piece bathroom accessory set, so you can give your powder room the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition treatment.
Set includes one shower curtain, one rug, one ceramic soap dispenser with plastic pump, one ceramic soap dish, one ceramic toothbrush holder, and 12 metal rust-resistant roller hooks.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this set. It's so gorgeous, beautiful, and sleek. It's very easy to put together so no complaints here. Makes my bathroom look brand-new and I love it! It's definitely for a small bathroom, which is perfect for my fiancé and me. If you have a small bathroom and want a quick set, THIS is definitely it."—Gaohmong
Price: $21.97 (available in four colors)
8. A glass vanity jar that's the perfect compliment to industrial, farmhouse, or Parisian chic bathroom decor.
9. A six-tier bathroom storage shelving unit, because you packed-to-exploding cabinet drawers will thank you.
10. A curved adjustable shower curtain rod so your shower can look like it belongs in a charming boutique hotel.
Promising review: "There is nothing I dislike about this shower curtain. It's a great investment toward a spacious, and, therefore, more enjoyable shower experience. It's amazing how much more room there is. The only regret I have about this purchase is that I didn't make it sooner!"—Debbie
Price: $13.89+ (available in three colors)
11. A 6-liter garbage can, because if you haven't changed your bathroom garbage solutions in a while, here is your sign.
Promising review: "This is a pretty good little can. We needed something for a narrow space, and this fits the bill. The previous one was metal and occasionally banged against the commode. This one doesn't make near as much noise and does potentially less damage. The only thing it needs is some sort of handle in the back to make it easier to move. But it does have an internal can to grab without taking out the whole can." —Skip
12. An over-the-door chrome towel rack, so your towels and clothes have a dedicated place to hang (instead of just sitting in a pile).
Promising review: "This is a very nice towel bar. Purchased it for my bathroom to put the bath towel, washcloth, and towel for drying my hair on, because the only towel bar in my bathroom is used for my nice decorative towels. This towel bar is a nice size, holds an extra-large bath towel nicely, and was super simple to put together." —Catherine
Price: $24.97+ (available in two finishes)
13. A seven-piece monochromatic floral bathroom accessory set, for a look that's both traditional and totally modern at the same time.
Set includes one toothbrush holder, one soap dispenser, one soap dish, one cup, one trash can, and one toilet bowl crush.
Promising review: "This is the most wonderful thing ever invented. Everything you see here comes packaged in the garbage can. You assemble some pieces (super easy) and then it's like OMG, cute bathroom time! Impress your friends with matching accessories that allow good hygiene. Seriously though, the material is sturdy but definitely cheaper than other bathroom sets. It is totally functional with any bathroom, though. Soap dispenser works well, toilet brush does a good job, toothbrush holder hold toothbrushes like no other! It's amazing!"—katamariqueen
Price: $16.95 (available in two colors)
14. A set of shower curtain hooks, so you won't have to change them out every year.
Set includes 12 non-rust shower curtain hooks
Promising review: "These shower hooks are easy to install. They are basically like an S-Hook. You put the end thru the hole in your curtain and loop it through, and then put the hook over your curtain rod. I have a double rod, and they fit on one but are a little tight on the other. They work fine on the standard size rod. My second curtain rod is a little thicker, so they don't slide as easily on that one. They are made very well and they seem to be very durable. I expect that they will last a long time." —Lucy
15. A five-piece bath set that sticks to your wall and will help you keep all your shower essentials in the perfect place (so you won't have to ask your roommate to bring your face wash after you're already in the shower ever again).
Set includes one caddy, one soap dish, one toothbrush holder, two hooks, four large and six medium water-resistant strips.
Promising review: "I've been needing something for my bathroom/shower to store all of my things, and this definitely comes in handy. It is made out of heavy-duty plastic, and it's very sturdy. You can easily remove each piece by pulling on the tab attached to the sticky adhesive. Once removed, there won't be any residue or paint missing. I'd highly recommend these."—SMB1986
16. A faux marble vanity tray so you can organize all your bathroom stuff, and never waste another morning moment trying to hunt down your serum or sunscreen.
Promising review: "When I opened this tray, I was shocked how it shined so much and was so beautifully made. The light was on and the glitter that was embedded in the marble tray was sparkling all over. I put my beautiful perfume bottles in it and they shine even brighter now too. This is a beautiful tray and looking forward to getting the rest of the set. It is a perfect match in my bathroom. Splendid!"—Mojo
17. A bamboo across-the-tub bath caddy tray that holds everything from electronics to wine to food securely during your "me time" (so it doesn't become "phone in the bubble bath" time instead).
Promising review: "My fiance likes to take baths to relax. He also likes to be on his phone while in a bath, watching videos. I wanted him to have something nice to put his drink and phone on, and this was just absolutely perfect. It even came with grips for the sides of the tub. Well worth the money." —Shannon
18. A set of 36 washcloths, because let's be honest: you can never have enough of these.
Promising review: "Came packaged so well and wrapped in plastic. I was worried about them being damaged towels but nope they were perfectly fine and I love them. I use these towels all the time but I usually buy them in-store. Due to me not wanting to leave my home I found them online and they are just what I wanted. Thank you!" —Anastasia
Price: $12.50 (available in four colors)
19. A metallic wastebasket that comes in a variety of colors, so it can fit in nicely with any bathroom aesthetic, whether it's minimalist or bohemian-chic.
Promising review: "I ordered two of these wastebaskets for my farmhouse-style bathrooms. They are lightweight and the beveling is gorgeous. The style is perfect as a finishing touch for a farmhouse or industrial-style decor. The baskets fit neatly in my bathroom spaces, which are small, NYC-sized bathrooms. I could easily see these wastebaskets in a larger bathroom where there is more space, too. Very happy with the purchase!" —CKNash
Price: $24.95+ (available in four colors)
21. A vibrant tie dye shower curtain from Gap Home, because swapping out your old mildew-y curtain for something on-trend goes a long way.
Promising review: “As far as shower curtains go, this is a nice one. It's made of organic cotton and the stitching appears to be good quality. The colors are nice and vibrant with a bold mixture of royal blue, black, and white. It’s perfect for any bathroom. It appears as if it will hold up well, and I like that it's washable. It does not have any lining, so you'll want to add one unless it'll be decorative only.” —Shelaz123
Price: $19.88 (available in two colors)
22. A paisley-printed bath towel that will add some subtle vintage charm to your towel rack.
Promising review: "I love plush towels. I feel like there is nothing better than a nice thick, plush, soft towel after a nice shower. Well, these towels fit the bill. My 6- and 10-year-olds were impressed when I unboxed these, and wanted to snuggle them like blankets. They have been used, washed, and dried many times in less than two weeks' time. Each time they come out of the dryer, someone grabs it (instead of the bathroom set) for their showers. They are beautiful and just amazingly soft!" —MissyD
Price: $6.72+ (available in two styles)
23. A set of two seagrass and rope baskets, so you can stylishly store extra towels for easy access. Each basket has two handles, and reviewers love that they’re sturdy, yet easy to move around the house.
24. A two-piece absorbent cotton bath rug set that includes one rug for the area near your sink and another slightly larger one that can go next to your bathtub or shower. Each machine-washable rug boasts an ogee-patterned design that makes them stand out.
Promising review: “These bath rugs look and feel like they are made from good quality material. They stick to the floor really well and don't slide all over the place when you’re getting out of the shower. It's the right size for placing in front of the tub, and the smaller rug fits great in front of the bathroom sink. The rugs have a soft feel to them and they wash and dry well. I've had bathroom rugs that start shedding really bad when they are washed, but these don't do that. They didn't appear to shrink either. This is a very nice set of rugs that will look great in any bathroom.” —Wannyj
Price: $17.94 (available in three colors)
25. A farmhouse-chic linen shower curtain with button detailing and just a little bit of color, so it's eye-catching but still easy to style. The neutral color addition gives this an elevated look but doesn't make finding matching decor impossible.
26. A three-piece ombre ceramic bath accessories set from Gap Home that’ll add an air of chic, spa-like sophistication to your bathroom.
This set includes a lotion pump, soap dish, and toothbrush holder.
Promising review: “Nice bathroom accessory set. It's sturdy and made from ceramic. I love the colors, stripes, and matte finish that provides a fresh and modern look and feel. In the right bathroom, this set stands out without being overwhelmingly too over the top, while still being complementary to the rest of your bathroom space.” —Lissie
Price: $29.98 (available in two colors)
27. An 18-piece set of bath towels because they're a must for anyone moving into a new space —or someone who's staying put but still wants to upgrade their bath time experience.
What's included: four bath towels, four hand towels, and 10 washcloths.
Promising review: "The color of this set matched my shower curtain. Also, it provided me with two full sets of towels: two bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths for guests, two full sets of towels and washcloths to swap mid-week, and two hand towels to swap mid-week. I recommend washing and running through the dryer before using. This will remove a lot of lint the first time through that will not end up stuck to you after using." —Skipper
Price: $24.99 (originally $57.60; available in four colors)
28. A jar of faux peonies that you don't actually have to worry about keeping alive — but you'll still get to reap the visual benefits from having a beautiful pot of bright flowers in your bathroom.
29. A water-repellent shower liner, because chances are, your home didn't come with one already installed. While it might not be glamorous, it's needed to prevent mildew and other nastiness on your shower curtain, and this one will last you for a long time.
Promising review: "This shower curtain is much thinner and is a of a lighter weight than I had expected. I went ahead and installed it — and it works beautifully! The lighter weight has proven to be an advantage; it's very easy to give it a shake after a shower to rid it of the remaining water drops. The curtain is, of course, still damp, but it dries very quickly (no worries about mildew). I am extremely happy with this product." —Dalex
Price: $7.83 (also available in tan)
30. An under-sink caddy with wheels that will finally tame your cabinet or other messy small space. Use this slide-out storage tool to store extra soaps, shampoo, cleaning supplies, sponges, and so much more.
Promising review: "Recently got this under sink caddy and I'm glad I did! I wasn't sure how much I'd really be able to fit in it, but surprisingly it fits a lot more than I thought. It really helped me clean up my soaps, sponges, cleaners, etc. It now looks way more organized, not to mention how easy it is with the built in wheels to pull it out and access effortlessly anything I need. So glad I got this!" —CMay
31. A two-wick citrus candle so you can help your bathroom smell like a spa (aka a super-nice bathroom).
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.