17 Things From Chewy That Are Helpful For Anyone Who Owns Farm Animals
Because all your beloved farm friends deserve the very best.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bag of mealworm poultry treats that can help all the members of your flock increase their protein intake and make the task of luring them into their coops a whole lot easier. Because these treats are naturally dried, you won't have to worry about refrigerating or storing them in a special place to keep them fresh. Instead, you can grab and serve in a matter of seconds.
2. A handheld horse brush with flexible joints and soft bristles, so you can have a grooming tool that is comfortable to hold and gentle enough to use on hair, bristles, and wool. Since the bristles of this brush are on the softer side, this tool will definitely come in handy next time you give all your indoor pets a thorough brushing, too.
3. A heavy-duty pail with hooks that you can use to store everything from food and water to grooming tools to toys and treats. Since this pail is made from sturdy stainless steel, you can also hang it on cages and fencing with no trouble at all, and with four sizes, it can suit almost any need. Now everyone in the barn will have their own personal pail — bye-bye, fights! — for mealtimes!
4. A universal waterer deicer to keep the drinking water in the coop or stable ice free during the chilly months. Since this deicer comes with an automatic thermostat, you can safely deice plastic bowls and containers without worrying that the plastic will melt.
5. A 9"x12" heating pad with an internal thermostat, so your bunnies, chicks, and barn cats can stay nice and cozy even when the temperatures dip down to the teens. This heating pad is also energy efficient with just 25 watts, so you won't have to worry about high utility bills during the winter months.
6. A bag of small animal bedding free of aromatic oils, artificial colors, and chemical additives that are potentially harmful to animals. Plus, this bedding is biodegradable, which will make disposal a breeze. Now your chicken coops, rabbit habitats, and pigsty can stay warm, and you won't have an eye-roll-inducing mess to clean up.
7. A poultry waterer and feeder, because if the feeders you've tried before aren't big enough, trust that this spacious and dual-sided feeder can be equally useful during dinnertime or drinking time. Plus, if you are looking to spruce up your coop decor, this decorative feeder is sure to add some color to any space!
8. A 40-pound bag of goat feed if overgrazing is an issue and you need something to perk up your herd's nutrition. This feed is also supplemented with diatomaceous earth, which can keep parasites at bay.
9. A gallon of high-calorie liquid livestock supplement — which has a yummy vanilla flavor — because if you've got some picky eaters in your merry band of animals, this supplement will ensure every last morsel of feed is gone.
10. A rope salt horse block treat if your horse has a salt tooth instead of a sweet tooth (join the club!), and you want them to enjoy all that savory goodness.
11. Buuttttt if your pony really does have a sweet tooth, rest assured that these apple treats will totally pique their interest. However, you won't have to worry your about horse getting too much sugar, as these treats contain zero added sugar and are just the right size.
12. A bottle of horse detangler for eliminating tangles and matted hair instantly. After all, if you spend so much time making sure your hair is perfect — shouldn't you do the same for your horses? Oh, and speaking of your hair! Just a little helpful beauty hack: You can also use this shampoo once you're out of detangler too!
13. A 30-pound bag of horse feed that is chock-full of biotin, so brittle hooves can grow stronger quickly. Because it has vitamins, minerals, and amino acids incorporated into the feed formula, your horsey's immune system will stay in tip-top shape.
14. A 15-pound bag of scratch chicken feed for enriching your hens', ducks', and roosters' diets with the essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and nutrients they need to stay healthy. Because this feed contains high-quality ingredients, it's also sure to increase their egg counts in no time, too.
15. A waterproof winter horse blanket to keep your horse dry and warm on all those snowy days — thanks to 50 grams of poly-fill insulation wrapped in durable 600D nylon. Because this blanket also has double front buckles and adjustable leg straps, you'll never have to worry about it falling off.
16. A pig-rooting snuffle mat so your piglets can have an activity mat of their own (and your dog can finally have their favorite mat back). And since this mat is medium-sized, you'll have no problem putting it in your pen — or your living room, for indoor pigs.
17. A bag of horse feed made from non-GMO seeds and nutrient-dense whole foods — rose hips, spirulina, and peas — because, of course, you'll want your mares and mustangs to have the best of the best. If any of your ponies have food sensitivities, not to worry! This feed is free of soy, corn, and preservatives and molasses ingredients. Now all your horsies will actually touch the food you put out for them!
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.