15 Of The Best Things You Can Get From Chewy For Your Reptile
Items that'll make all your scaly friends happy.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A suspended reptile hammock, so your geckos, bearded dragons, and ball pythons have a place to rest, lounge, and feel more secure. Because this hammock comes with attachable suction cups, you won't have to worry about it slipping or sliding off of the tank walls, whether they are made of glass, plastic, or acrylic.
2. An above-tank basking platform for turtles to have a place to stay warm and stretch out their legs. As this platform sits at the top of the tank, now you will only have to fill it halfway. Now, Raphael and Donatello will have more room to swim throughout the entire tank.
3. A jar full of turtle and amphibian food if Miss Shelly is getting bored with the food you're currently giving her, and you want something new and nutritious — it contains calcium and vitamin C — to change things up. Because this food comes in easy-to-serve sticks, now you'll have a little more bonding time with your pet each time you feed them.
4. A ceramic heat emitter, because just like we need some sunshine, our amphibian and reptile friends also need to have a source of heat to keep them healthy. Thankfully, this heat emitter also prioritizes safety — the light it generates isn't blinding, so little eyes stay safe and undamaged.
5. A bag of natural cypress mulch reptile bedding that won't become plagued with yucky odors after some time. Because this bedding stays free of mold, you won't have to toss it and switch to another brand.
6. A reptile superfoods supplement complete with minerals, trace nutrients, vitamin C, and calcium, so each member of your scaly squad stays happy and healthy. As this supplement also has an expiration date, now you'll know when it's time to toss it.
7. A reptile water dish you can use for drinking water or serving insects. Because it is easy to clean and has a nonporous surface to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria, now you'll have a dish you can use for life.
8. A bag of 5-pound natural aquarium gravel if you want a product that promotes beneficial microbes without clouding the tank water in the process. And while this gravel comes in three colors, rest assured that all pebbles are covered in a 100 percent acrylic clear coating that is nontoxic.
9. A clarity and odor control moss ball to keep all of your turtle tanks clean and odor-free. Because this ball does a lot of cleaning for you, your tank filter won't have to work so hard.
10. An abutilon silk plant, so your little Lizzie's terrarium will look like a tropical paradise. And if you have a shy little frog or newt on your hands, trust that this silk plant will provide the perfect hiding place for them to feel safe and secure.
11. A bag of fruit mix reptile food to ensure your reptile's diet is rich in vitamins and essential nutrients. Because this food doesn't need to be refrigerated, it's easy to serve each time your reptile gets the munchies.
12. A floating turtle pier platform, so your turtles, newts, and salamanders can bask to their heart's content. Since this platform has a built-in ramp, your pets can easily return back into the water once they are finished getting nice and toasty.
13. A cave for reptiles that comes in three sizes, so your geckos have a place to hide, destress, and sleep. As this cave is very stable, it won't tip over if your lizard decides to climb on top of it.
14. A wooden tortoise house to give your turtle a place of its own, whether it's indoors or outside. Since this tortoise house expands, it will fit shelled sweeties of all sizes.
15. A pack of terrarium filter replacement cartridges — which is powered by ultra-activated carbon — so stinky odors is history. Because these filters also keep water from becoming discolored, also gone are the days of cloudy tank water.
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.