1. “HO HO HO, MOTHERFUCKER.”
2. Before he became the handsome stud some of us grew up with…
3. …The “Jolly” Green Giant was a creature from farming Hell
4. “HOPE YOU DON’T MIND, I ATE ALL YOUR PIGS…”
5. There is a 55-foot statue of him in Blue Earth, Minnesota.
He looks like he’s wearing the death mask of another Jolly Green Giant.
6. Here he is, wearing a dickey, with a napkin covering his dickie.
7. That face — “ask me ONE MORE question about skin pigmentation…”
8. “Do you have any steak knives…Ma’am?”
9. The God of dead farmers.
11. “I GOT AN ITCH…A LITTLE TO THE LEFT.”
Back in the late 1940s — 1950s, he was less giant.
But, a lot more scary.
12. That froze his peas (sorry).
13. “Your son’s bedroom walls are — go take a look!”
14. Early Green Giant toy — not at all creepy.
15. Oh sure, give him a sabre, why not.
16. Note: As you can see, they were a little confused about how to make him look “Mexican” in the face.
That burro was soon hanging dead from a tree.
17. “Where’s my Missus? Fertilizer.”
18. “Here’s some baby-tenders peas. Now, give me a baby.”
All images via the amazing Vintage Advertising pool on Flickr.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸