1. This is one of the best pre-Mad Men ad campaigns. “This is a symbol of man’s desire…”
2. Subtext: YOU’RE WRONG IN NOT LIKING IT.
3. Nice touch, those red nails, baby.
4. MEAT and a HACKSAW. Questions?
5. Considering the era, this campaign really did feature some superb photography.
6. Great copy in the campaign, too.
7. “Polish the bone.” POLISH IT.
9. FILL IT UP.
10. New Yorker. American. Hero. William Bendix.
11. Enjoy this “Canned Meat Show”
12. PORK BUTT.
13. “…with the country calling for more and more MEAT…”
14. “…your body asks for, and must have.”
15. “Meat and a dash of spice”—yep that’s all that’s in franks.
16. Santa’s wiener is a little too close to that X-Mas ham.
18. Never mind cooking it, I’ll eat it raw.
19. BONUS AD IMAGE: “trained, firm muscles…”
All ads via the amazing Vintage Advertising Pool on Flickr.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords told Congress to "face your constituents," after a congressman used her 2011 shooting as justification for not holding a town hall.