1. This is one of the best pre-Mad Men ad campaigns. “This is a symbol of man’s desire…”
2. Subtext: YOU’RE WRONG IN NOT LIKING IT.
3. Nice touch, those red nails, baby.
4. MEAT and a HACKSAW. Questions?
5. Considering the era, this campaign really did feature some superb photography.
6. Great copy in the campaign, too.
7. “Polish the bone.” POLISH IT.
9. FILL IT UP.
10. New Yorker. American. Hero. William Bendix.
11. Enjoy this “Canned Meat Show”
12. PORK BUTT.
13. “…with the country calling for more and more MEAT…”
14. “…your body asks for, and must have.”
15. “Meat and a dash of spice”—yep that’s all that’s in franks.
16. Santa’s wiener is a little too close to that X-Mas ham.
18. Never mind cooking it, I’ll eat it raw.
19. BONUS AD IMAGE: “trained, firm muscles…”
All ads via the amazing Vintage Advertising Pool on Flickr.
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk Of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- Hillary Clinton responded to that "Death Row Records" meme about her debate outfits.