Turkey and Seasonal Vegetable Shepherd's Pie
1 tablespoon olive oil
1½ cups cubed butternut squash
1½ cups chopped green beans, cut on a bias
2½ teaspoon salt (divided into ½ tsp and 2 teaspoon)
½ teaspoon pepper (divided into ¼ tsp)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon minced herbs (sage, rosemary, and thyme)
1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp Worcestershire
1 tsp ketchup
2 lbs mixed sweet potatoes and yukon gold potatoes, cubed
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190˚C).
2. Heat olive oil in a medium pan. Add butternut squash cubes, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and garlic powder and saute 4 minutes. Add green beans and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add 1 teaspoon minced herbs (sage, rosemary, and thyme), saute 1 minute. Add 1 lb ground turkey, 1 tsp Worcestershire, and 1 tsp ketchup, and cook until ground turkey is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add potatoes to a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil, and boil until potatoes are cooked through and falling apart. Approximately 15 minutes. Drain potatoes.
5. Add butter, 2 tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and milk. Mash until smooth, blend with hand mixer if necessary.
6. Layer meat and vegetable mixture into ramekins.
7. Top with piped mashed potatoes using a star-tip (optional).
8. Bake for 20 minutes at 375ºF (190˚C).
9. Top with extra minced herbs and enjoy with an ice-cold Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Zero!