Slow-Cooker Maple Pulled Pork
4-6 pounds boneless pork shoulder
1½ tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cayenne, divided
½ teaspoon cumin
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup apple cider vinegar
1. Combine spices (using ½ teaspoon cayenne) and rub all over pork shoulder.
2. Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours (depending on your machine). Cook until pork is fork tender and easily falls apart.
3. Remove from slow cooker and reserve juices left behind (if extremely fatty, strain the fat away). Shred pork using two forks.
4. In a saucepan, combine pan juices, maple syrup, vinegar, and the other ½ teaspoon cayenne. Cook and season, if necessary. Add pulled pork and toss well.
5. Serve with buns or cornbread.