3. You may remember Brochu as Bethany Hamilton’s brother in Soul Surfer.
4. Brochu is super excited about the role.
6. Kevin Williamson, a gay man and creator of The Vampire Diaries, has wanted an openly gay character for years but didn’t want it to be a typical teen coming out story.
“It’s one of those things that needs to feel organic and seamless. I don’t want it to be a character that comes in and is a one-off,” said Williamson. “I want someone to come in and have a reason and a purpose and really push that story forward the way I want to do it, and they’re so important to the story that without them the show won’t happen. That’s what I want.”
- We cannot go back: Tribal leaders say they will fight Trump's revival of the Dakota Access and Keystone XL pipelines.
- Mark Zuckerberg denied rumors that he might run for president, telling BuzzFeed News, "I'm focused on building our community at Facebook."
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing defended Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally—but he cited a debunked study.
- A national park deleted its tweets about climate change after Trump silenced some US environmental agencies 👀