1. In February, Irish drag queen Panti Bliss - also known as Rory O’Neill - made an invigorating 10-minute speech about homophobia in Ireland.
“Now it turns out that gay people are not the victims of homophobia, homophobes are the victims of homophobia.”
4. Panti Bliss later tweeted her approval.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- More than 29,000 people have signed a petition for British scientists to keep access to EU projects after Brexit.