These BBQ Chicken Calzones Are Irresistible Pockets Of Joy
This calzone will have you saying, "Pizza? Never heard of it."
Everyone knows that calzones are a beautiful, delicious gift.
But a BBQ chicken calzone?!?!?
Get in my stomach immediately.
Check out that glorious cheese.
BBQ Chicken Calzone
Here's a video that shows you how to make it:
1 Tbsp. butter
1 red onion, julienned
1 lb pizza dough
6 slices provolone cheese
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
½ cup BBQ sauce
1 egg (beaten for egg wash)
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F/190˚C .
2. Over medium heat, melt butter and add onions.
3. Cook onions until golden brown and caramelized, stirring occasionally.
4. Roll out the pizza dough until it is about 14 inches by 8 inches, and lay on a piece of parchment paper.
5. Place slices of provolone across the center of the dough.
6. Add shredded chicken, caramelized onions, and BBQ sauce.
7. Fold the longer sides in first, one at a time, and pinch the edges to seal. Cut off any excess dough and pinch together.
8. Flip it over and apply an egg wash to the outside of the dough.
9. Carefully, make 2- to 3-inch slits on the top for ventilation.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden (times and temperatures may vary depending on the oven).
11. Cut into two inch pieces and serve with extra BBQ sauce.