Save Time In The Morning With These Freezer-Prep Breakfast Muffins
Freezer-prep is the way to go!
Freezer-Prep Breakfast Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
1 pound breakfast sausage
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
⅓ cup butter, melted
6 eggs, beaten
¾ cup milk
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup green onions, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C).
2. Heat a skillet over high heat and add the sausage. Cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned and cook through. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Pour in the melted butter and whisk until butter is incorporated and the mixture is crumbly.
5. Pour in beaten eggs and milk, and mix just until combined.
6. Add in cooked sausage, cheese, and green onions. Fold in gently being careful not to over mix.
7. Line and spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray, then fill the cups with the muffin mixture.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Enjoy right away, or freeze in an airtight bag for up to 1 month. To reheat, cover in a damp paper towel and microwave for 1 minute.