27 Supportive Bathing Suits You Can Actually Swim, Dive, And Splash Around In
Now you can spend more time having fun in the sun and less time worrying you'll experience a wardrobe malfunction.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A strappy bikini with underwire support and a high-waisted bottom so you can feel secure while wearing this beauty of a swimsuit in the ocean. Go ahead and body surf in those waves!
Promising review: "If I could leave more than 5 stars for this swimsuit, I WOULD!!!! I want to scream from the rooftops about how amazing the fit and feel of this beautiful set. I put this on and immediately felt like a million dollars. The top boasts padded cups and adjustable everything, making it fit well no matter your size. I generally have a hard time staying in bikini cups, and I was able to tighten the back AND sides of this suit for a perfect fit. Well-made, well-loved, and I will wear this suit to EVERY beach and pool party from now on!!" —Annie Hinz
Get it from Amazon for $32.99+ (available in women's sizes M–3XL and four styles).
2. This stunning crossover one-piece that is giving us some serious Marilyn Monroe vibes. You'll want to spend every waking hour wearing this while lounging poolside.
3. A one-piece swimsuit with a deep plunge neckline for a vintage, old Hollywood glam look. The high neck will give you the supportive feel you're looking for, while the mesh panel is a perfectly subtle way to show off those assets!
Promising review: "My bust is supported and contained nicely. The fit on the legs is excellent and my butt is covered without looking like a grandma suit. I feel very comfortable in this suit. I’m very impressed! The quality isn’t like that of some of my more expensive suits, but for the price it is worth every penny. I would recommend and order again in another color." —Lyd
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes XS–22 Plus and 41 colors)
4. A bikini top designed for anyone with a bigger chest who's sick and tired of searching for bathing suits with support. When you're wearing this, you can swim, jump through the waves, or chase after your dog without worrying one of your boobs will suddenly come flying out.
The bikini top is UPF 50, fade-resistant, chlorine-safe, and sunscreen- and oil-resistant. They recommend hand-washing the garment.
Wild Isles is a woman-owned small business based in Minneapolis that creates swimsuits constructed with sustainably, ethically made materials.
Promising review: "My chest is very heavy and I normally wear a 38 DD. I just reached my mid 40s and after being a mom and through weight gain and weight loss over the decades, I really needed a bikini top that would give me good support and stay put and give my chest a little umph. This bikini top is gorgeous! It fits perfectly, and will fit even if I gain or lose weight. It’s sexy but not super revealing. The fabric is so soft! I am very self-conscious in a bikini, but this top pushes me to get over that, because it’s so beautiful and comfortable." —Melody C
Get the bikini top from Wild Isles for $95 (available in sizes 1–5, which accommodates cup sizes C–H, and in eight colors).
Check out the Wild Isles' bikini bottoms here.
5. An underwire bikini top with halter straps so you feel extra secure and confident your boobs will stay right where they should. This one also features a full coverage cup so you don't have any side spillage and a cute ruffle detail that will really make it stand out.
I own this top! TBH I own probably five underwire bikini tops from Target because they are really that good! I love that they are sized by your bra size so you can get the exact same fit as your bra — and it supports you just like a bra would! Being a 38DD, I need alllll the support I can get, and I just feel so confident in my skin when I wear this knowing my boobs are supported and lifted and won't fly out if I jump in the pool!
Get it from Target for $25 (available in sizes 32A–40G and six colors).
6. A pair of high-waisted bikini bottoms with a super-wide waistband that does the impossible — actually stays PUT without rolling down!! The bottoms are also super stretchy, so you'll never feel like they're cutting into your stomach and making you feel uncomfortable.
Essentially ALL of my bikini bottoms are this style from Aerie — I've been wearing this high cut style for years and I keep on buying the new colors/patterns they have every single summer — I haven't found anything that makes me feel better or is more comfortable. I personally always feel more secure in a high-waisted fit, but admittedly, high-waisted bottoms can sometimes make me feel like I'm wearing a diaper. Not these!!! The high cut on the sides and the cheeky fit on the bum show just enough skin for my personal preference — it makes the overall bathing suit look more modern and tailored, and it fits right at your natural waist so there's no rolling down or adjusting. Truly, I feel like Aerie deserves an award for how great this style of bikini bottoms fits my body and makes me feel confident — which is exactly what a perfect swimsuit should do!
Get the bottoms from Aerie for $20.97 (originally $34.95; available in sizes XXS–XXL and two colors) and the top featured above for $22.17 (originally $36.95; also available in sizes XXS–XXL and two colors).
7. A high-neck one-piece swimsuit because more coverage is ideal if you spend your time at the beach boogie boarding or surfing. However, full coverage doesn't mean you'll look frumpy — quite the opposite in fact! The fun leopard print will make you stand out on the beach or in the water, and the division between the patterned top and solid bottom gives the ~illusion~ of a two-piece suit.
Promising review: "I’m always trying to find something that looks flattering and supportive on top without adding bulk and giant pads. The padding and support are fantastic and the fabric feels nice on my skin, not cheap. Will be ordering again soon and have been showing all of my friends my new suit." —Toma
Get it from Summersalt for $95 (available in sizes 2–22 and four colors).
8. A plunge top that's giving off some serious va va voom vibes while offering a super customizable fit — you can tie the band in the back as tight or as loose as you want, and the straps are adjustable.
Kitty and Vibe is a body-inclusive woman-owned small business that designs pieces to make everyone who wears them feel comfortable and confident!
Promising review: "As someone with large boobs, it is a nightmare trying to find a good swim top. I feel so secure in the plunge top, and the cut and the print are so cute!! The style of the back makes this top extra secure. The material is so soft and high quality. I can’t say enough good about this suit!!!" —P.B.
Get it from Kitty and Vibe for $58 (available in sizes A–HH and four patterns), and check out the high hip bottoms pictured above for $52 (available in sizes S–3XL and seven colors; also available in in-between sizes to accommodate larger bums.)
9. A high-waisted retro number that has over 8,000 (!!!) 5-star ratings, and it's easy to see why: you'll look like a dang pin-up model rocking this look! It comes in so many fun patterns and colors, so if you're headed on a long vacation, you might as well buy a couple of different pairs so you have a fresh suit every day!
Promising review: "As a mother of three, I was very hesitant to purchase a two-piece swimsuit ever again. However, the retro high-waisted look allows me to have a little interest while covering the parts I feel need coverage. I was expecting the high waist to be tight, but it is not — it is very comfortable. The ruching on the front of the bottom is good, and the top provides good coverage, support and padding. My chest is not too exposed, which is exactly what I wanted and is comfortable. There is no underwire in this top, but there is plenty of support nonetheless. The top ties in the back and around the neck, with plenty of length to make the ties easily. The colors of the fabric print are very cute. I am very happy with this suit overall." —mandyteach1
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes S–4XL and in 28 prints).
10. A burkini so you can still enjoy the beach or the pool while staying fully covered. It also comes with a turban meant to be used in the water so you can swim without feeling out of your comfort zone.
Promising review: "Gorgeous and versatile! I was finally able to be comfortable at the beach and comfortable walking around town afterwards while on vacation in the Caribbean. Dries fairly quickly! Does not excessively weigh you down when wet. Sand washes off easily. Turban stays on! It is form-fitting because of the material so if you prefer looser clothing, consider ordering a size up." —A.Nobody.Somebody
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in sizes S–4XL and four colors).
11. A long-sleeve rash guard top and ruched high-waisted bottoms that not only gives you the support you've been craving, but also protects your upper half from a nasty sunburn! If you're headed out on a boat excursion and will be in direct sun exposure for multiple hours, you'll be happy you're wearing this!
Promising review: "My best friend recommended this suit, and I am frankly shocked at how good it looks! The top is lined and I find the cups supportive, but haven’t worn it outside so can’t speak to the sun protection aspect. The bottoms have some tummy control which feels nice and supportive without squishing. I had a C-Section several months ago, and these bottoms help smooth things a bit. I wish the bottoms were cheekier, but otherwise this suit is perfect!! I’m so relieved to have a comfy, unexpectedly sexy swimsuit which isn’t too 'momsy' but will stand up to tiny baby hands trying to rip it off me in the water." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in sizes 4–16 and 12 styles).
12. A bikini trimmed with playful tassels — usually, triangle tops are notoriously unsupportive, but many reviewers swear by how comfortable and secure this one feels feel thanks to the larger cups and strong halter tie! Plus: the high-waisted bottoms offer great coverage while still being cute as heck.
Promising review: "I cannot say enough good things about this swimsuit! It fits like a dream! The top surprisingly provides good support. It is a comfortable suit and does NOT make you feel like you’re in a casing or tight fitting garment. I will be ordering at least two more colors!!!" —Keri
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes 4–16 and 17 styles).
13. A swim top that's designed exactly like your favorite sports bra, except it's made to be worn in the water! It's also quick-drying and has a stretchy elastic band that moves with you. This top pairs excellently with the brand's swim trunks!
Humankind is a queer woman-owned small biz whose mission is creating gender-inclusive swimwear for every body. All of their pieces are tested to be comfortable and supportive during all sorts of activities, from swimming to a game of volleyball, and they're chlorine-tested as well!
Promising review: "I'm totally obsessed with this top. It's comfortable, functional, and sporty. I honestly really recommend this top if you're looking for something that fits well and supports ya." —Ray C.
Get the top from Humankind for $45 (available in sizes M–4XL and in four colors). Pair it with Humankind's comfy swim trunks for $55 (available in sizes S–4XL and in four colors) — the great thing is you can easily mix and match all the colors!
14. A crocheted one-piece with adjustable straps so you can get your suit to fit *exactly* how you want it to. And can we take a moment to admire how dang pretty that patterned middle section is?! Perfect for anyone who's looking for a nontraditional one-piece.
Promising review: "Wonderful one piece swimsuit! The fabric is strong and actually gives a lot of support which I wasn't expecting. It came with two sets of straps, a skinny pair and a thicker pair. I am so tickled by this because I have DDD breasts and those little straps were not gonna cut it. I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of support the suit offers. I'm going to order a second one in green!" —Heidi
Get it from Amazon for $32.99 (available in sizes 2–16 and 11 styles).
15. A stripy tie-front bikini you can tie tighter to give the girls a little lift and a more secure fit. Go ahead and do a cannonball into the water — everything's staying exactly where it needs to!!
Promising review: "This bathing suit is so cute! It fits me perfectly and I’ve been getting compliments every time I wear it. It fits me like a glove. If you are small-chested I could see the straps being an issue, because they aren’t adjustable. I jumped off a cliff in this bikini and it stayed in place." —Courtney H.
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 13 colors and prints).
16. A buttery soft swim top so comfortable, you'll be able to wear it for a full day of swimming or sunbathing. Thanks to the adjustable straps, the extended bottom band, and the compression material, this suit was build to conform to every curve of your body.
Night Dive is a woman-owned small business with an amazing collection of swimwear pieces focused on body positivity and sustainability.
Promising review: "The material feels great on your body and the color is just stunning! So bright and vibrant. The material is soft on your skin but also very thick so it feels like it provides support. I am buying another suit right now because I love it so much!" —Hannah Daugherty
Get the top in Mermaid from Night Dive for $79 (available in sizes S–6XL and in five colors). You can get the matching bottoms for $79 (available in sizes S–6XL) and check out all the other bottom styles and colors here.
17. A floral one-piece bathing suit that achieves the two most important qualities of a good swimsuit: it'll make you look and feel fantastic! Reviewers swear by the support this suit offers for larger cup sizes, and you'll love showing off the cute skirt as you waltz to the pool bar!
Promising review: "DO NOT hesitate, buy this bathing suit! You will thank me later LOL. I’m a breastfeeding mom with HUGE boobs! This suit covers and supports me. It’s super cute and the material is thick. I would buy more as my go-to dresses! ALSO, I never take the time to write a novel like this, BUT I’ve worked for a high-end swimsuit company for years and can tell you I have never found something that holds and gives coverage like this suit does. For anybody on the fence, just give it a shot!" —Brittany S
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in sizes XL–5XL and 20 patterns).
18. A gorgeous high-neck suit so you won't be looking down all day making sure you're not accidentally flashing someone. If you catch someone staring at you, it's because of how fantastic you look in this brightly colored get-up with the beautiful waist tie!
Hermoza is a woman-owned and Latinx-co-owned brand with a focus on creating classic, timeless silhouettes with high-quality materials. Its name comes from the Spanish word hermosa, meaning "beautiful."
Promising review: "The fabric is perfect—with enough support, yet silky. I really like the style." —Jennifer Williamson D.
Get it from Hermoza for $138 (available in sizes 2–14 and in 10 styles).
19. A swim top that fits very similarly to a bra thanks to the supportive underwire. In addition to the halter strings, it comes with a removable center strap that you can tie a number of different ways to give a little more oomph to your swimsuit look!
Promising review: "This is the best fitting things I've purchased ever! Very sexy without worry that I'll fall out! This suit top holds up my boobs and fits better than some bras I have. Highly recommended and would definitely encourage anyone to purchase!!" —A. Spencer
Get it from Amazon for $11+ (available in sizes 34B–40DD and 14 styles).
20. A swimsuit with a front zipper you can zip all the way up for full coverage and support, or leave down if you're craving that deep V-neck look! Also: the half sleeves offer a fun sporty look while protecting your shoulders from sunburn. We stan a versatile suit!
Promising review: "Supports my 38DDDs. I typically have to buy bra-sized swimsuits to get the support I need but after seeing all the customer photos I thought it might work. It fits perfectly. I love the built-in cups and semi-shelf bra. It’s a thicker material so it smooths everything out. I may get it in a different color. For the price it’s a steal."' —CRISTY9584
Get it from Amazon for $27.30 (available in sizes S–2XL and 14 styles).