We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of industrial bar stools because seating immediately ups the convenience and comfort factor in your home. These chairs could work for your child's playroom, outdoor deck, or a breakfast bar — the choice is yours.
Promising review: "I needed a pair of stools for a training area that would both be sturdy enough for a wide selection of people and also fit neatly under the counter when not in use. These are absolutely perfect! They look great and have held up over the last several months with no issue. They were ultra simple to assemble and don’t wobble at all. Highly recommended!" —Casey
Get it from Amazon for $96.61+ (available in 12 finishes and two sizes).
2. A luxurious accent chair for a mundane corner that needs a little pizzazz.
Promising review: "I love this chair. It's nice and firm, but I'm sure I'll get it broken in. The color is so beautiful and vibrant, and the velvet fabric is lovely. It's the perfect size for me to curl up in and read a book." —Rebecca
Get it from Amazon for $284.99+ (available in two colors and two sizes).
3. A stunning geometric credenza that can also hold up to 135 pounds. Each of its main compartments has an adjustable divider, which can be a total game changer if you're looking to stylishly house your remotes, candles, books, and records, etc.
This credenza was a splurge, but it's also the first thing people notice in my living room. I bought it because finding cute record storage is a pain. My entire collection fits comfortably in the middle compartment without the divider. The cord cutouts in the back make it the perfect place to hide my game systems and other AV equipment that's not as pretty as the design.
Get it from West Elm for $1,599 (available in two colors).
4. Or a mid-century modern buffet for intimate spaces that are better off being used for closed storage. If you enjoyed the Ikea Tarva dresser, you'll be over the moon to try a chic alternative.
Promising review: "Super happy with this sideboard. Very sturdy and looks beautiful. Assembly was straightforward, but the steps with small screws required a little more dexterity. FYI the inside shelves are not adjustable, which was somewhat disappointing because I can’t stand bottles of wine up inside." —briandrew1
Get it from Amazon for $175.99+ (available in three colors, three sizes, five styles, and four configurations).
6. A super-slim bookshelf for squeezing the most out of that teeny strip of vacant space, while elegantly showcasing your stuff.
Promising review: “There was a small empty space between the door and TV in my bedroom — just too small to put anything there... Well, I was wrong! Since this bookcase took that spot, it became the most handy and useful area!! A night light, Roku, a cell/tablet power station, books, a watch, keys, and an alarm clock — everything I need is there in the morning and before going to bed.
My salt rock nightlight is quite big and heavy, but this bookcase has no problem with it. Very steady!! Don't underestimate this unbelievable low price bookcase.” —LY
Get it from Amazon for $25.36+ (available in three styles and eight colors).
7. Or a set of versatile shelves you'll adore from the minute they arrive. Stainless steel and solid wood have never looked so good. Lately, I've used mine for display purposes, like holding books, vases, photographs, and other things I value.
These are yet another West Elm product in my apartment that I would not like to replace. Shelves are usually ugly and expensive, so I figured I'd spring for some that I really liked. The beauty of these is that you could theoretically get the wood cut to your preferred size at Home Depot and just buy the hardware from West Elm. I wanted to save time, so I got three shelves and three sets of hardware.
Get them from West Elm for $90+ (available in three sizes and three finishes).
8. A curved cat wall bed because who said cat furniture needed to consume floor space? These stylish beds will be a fun escape for your fur baby.
Promising review: "Absolutely perfect. The quality of craft in this shelf is fantastic. I had been looking around for a while to find something both functional and stylish. This meets both those needs. I have plans to purchase some more from this store, as I was so impressed. Sebastian enjoys watching me work from his bed now." —Caroline Smith
Cosy and Dozy is a Poland-based brand that creates luxury products to satisfy animals' natural instincts. Each item is unique and handmade in Europe.
9. A set of plastic stacking dining chairs for anyone with dreams of an Architectural Digest-inspired dining room with a studio-sized budget. If you're not a fan of having guests, these will allow you to store extra chairs with ease for the one day you actually feel like hosting.
Promising review: "These were surprisingly comfortable! Sturdy, and great as accent chairs. I have a tropical/modern-themed space that had plants and lots of green color, and these chairs fit right in as accents to the dining room. Also, the pattern gave me goosebumps, in a good way." —Shopaholic Carma
Get it from Amazon for $144.95+ (available in sets of two or four, and two colors).
10. A princessy canopy bedframe because — is your Caribbean-inspired guest bedroom really complete without one of these, tile floors, and a beautiful view? Reviewers loved that assembly was straightforward and most of the stickers were in easy-to-locate places when they were ready to take it apart.
Canopy beds in small rooms can make things look cramped because they're so bulky, but this one's sleek modern design does the opposite.
Promising review: " It was easy to assemble, and every piece that went on just made it more sturdy. It looks great and modern and stylish but functional. Plenty of space underneath for storage or for the cats. I got a queen size, and my mattress fits perfectly on it. The box it came in was heavy, but just be careful and don't try to pick it up yourself!" —Shelby Roberts
Get it from Amazon for $117.20+ (available in three sizes and three colors).
11. A glass coffee table with a display layer for magazines, collectibles, and stuff you're looking to protect from splashes and spills. Transparent furniture reduces visual clutter, but the metal finishes offer a touch of glam.
Promising review: "My husband was so frustrated with this table. He needed extra tools to make the grooves deeper so that the screws would go in properly. I think it took us 40–45 minutes to put together. It's a beautiful table and sturdy. Glad I bought it so far." —christina
Get it from Amazon for $107.17+ (available in three sizes and four colors, in one- or two-packs)
12. Or a circular coffee table that could easily be modified with contact paper to reflect your preferred finish. Finding the perfect coffee table is an uphill battle; a little DIY couldn't hurt.
Promising review: "Actually better than expected. Pretty durable. Looks chic and modern. It's a lot, which I'm fine with, as we use it in our kid's living room, but it would be a little too little for the adult lounge. They've climbed all over it and used it for daily toddler abuses, and with a quick wipe-down it's still fresh. Durable and sturdy." —Mama Pags
Get it from Amazon for $188.87+ (available in two colors).
13. A farmhouse-fabulous TV stand that comes with a beautiful fireplace reviewers said heated a 250-foot room. Even if you're not cold, this is a fantastic fireplace.
For those of you who are less spatially inclined: This heater is big enough to warm a one-bedroom apartment or a two-car garage. And word of advice: Pre-drill the holes before installing the door latches to make screwing a breeze.
Promising review: "We bought the light one print on thick board. That makes it sound awful, but it’s actually AMAZING, as you see in the photos. Very sturdy, large TV stand WITH a really beautiful fireplace that emits heat and makes the room look so cozy. I totally love it." —Adrienne
Get it from Amazon for $159.27+ (available in three sizes, seven colors, and with or without a fireplace and glass doors).
14. A modern rolling office chair with gold accents so pretty that you won't hate seeing it in your living room turned office. It comes in a bunch of colors, and the seat is mad comfortable. Definitely worth adding to your hot girl productivity setup.
15. Or an upholstered walnut swivel chair for spinning around like you're in charge *or* just have multiple screens to monitor simultaneously.
Need a desk chair for your bedroom that doesn't remind you of The Office? Want a side chair for your living room for folks to add a little dramatic flair by slowly swiveling around while swirling a drink, smirking, and then laughing maniacally? This is the one!
Promising review: "This chair is now an accent chair in my living room, and I love it. It's a dark charcoal/black linen and wood, and both materials seem way more expensive than they are. This chair could easily be passed off as a nice chair from West Elm. Great deal and so easy to put together. You just put the legs together and on the chair. Took like three minutes." —Troper
Get it from Amazon for $126.30+ (available in five colors).
16. A nightstand to really make an impact with a neutral geometric design. Putting it together is a matter of screws for the knobs and legs. The drawers are ideal for holding more than a few things, so you can easily use this for bulkier items.
17. An enigmatically curvaceous, yet minimal stool perfect for sliding up to a vanity or just making a dope plant stand. All of the hardware melds seamlessly together, and you can even add a swivel option!
Promising review: "Very cute, stylish modern small table or stool. It has a decent weight to it, so I don't think it will blow away in a heavy wind. I am using it on my patio with a couple of modern-ish red plastic/resin chairs. I think they go nicely together, and I am happy with the purchase." —carol
Get it from Amazon for $79 (available in two colors)
18. An incredibly soft Benchmade Modern sofa because your couch is likely the most expensive thing in your home, so you might as well get it right. This completely customizable gem includes complimentary fabric swatches, a life-sized printout to double-check your dimensions, and curbside delivery.
I got my first sofa from Benchmade Modern, and I'm so happy I did. There are so many logistics that go into purchasing a couch. It's likely among the most expensive pieces of furniture in your home, so naturally, you want to get it *right*. Getting a custom couch from Benchmade allowed me to figure out exactly what I wanted.
First, you'll order free swatches so you can choose your preferred weave and color. Once you decide on a fabric, you can select your dimensions with the tools on Benchmade's website. At first, I thought I wanted a 105-inch couch with a chaise on the left. Oh, how wrong I was. Benchmade sent a scale printout of the couch just so I'd know precisely how it'd look in my space. Once the printout arrived, I immediately changed my preferences. I ordered a 110-inch, Trillium, Charles Basil couch with a right chaise. Then, Benchmade built and sewed the couch and gave plenty of updates on its completion. It took four to six weeks, give or take. The delivery process was seamless. I was eager to get the couch so I called and scheduled my delivery.
The morning of, the company called to confirm they were 20 minutes away. Unboxing the sectional was simple enough. The extent of "assembly" was screwing in the legs and pushing the chaise to the couch. It easily clicked into place. I was immediately overwhelmed by how perfect the couch was. It's large enough to fill the room without being overwhelming. A lot of couches on the market lean cool, but Benchmade has so many options across the color wheel. I chose a really neutral shade of green that's not too blue. Once I sat on it, I didn't move for a good 12 hours. It was that comfortable. Yet it's been firm enough to keep its shape. If things ever go wrong, it's nice to know that Benchmade has a lifetime warranty. Fortunately, my first couch should be my last one.
Promising review: "The quality of the craftsmanship and materials is exactly what we hoped. Benchmade exceeds expectations in turnaround time, keeping us informed on progress, and a great white-glove delivery partner. We have a unique space, and the ability to customize the couch to a maniacal degree made all the difference. Nothing compares — we spent months researching and trying couches from many retailers." —Jason B.
Get it from Benchmade Modern for $6,480 (originally $7,200; available in various sizes, colors, and finishes).
19. A rocket ship cat condo to easily become your most whimsical piece of cat furniture that also looks GREAT. Not only will it be a hit among your cats, but it's guaranteed to be a conversation starter.
Promising review: "This is the best modern cat tree on the market! It’s fun to look at, as opposed to the outdated carpeted trees. The rocket is a conversation starter, and my cats loved it right when I set it up. The plush pads provided are perfect for them to snooze on, and the hanging balls provide hours of entertainment. I’m so glad I bought this for my kitties to enjoy! The manufacturing quality on it is very good. I was really impressed with how perfect each piece was, and the instructions were very clear to follow. It did take a little over an hour to set up on my own; another pair of hands would help expedite it! I can’t say enough great things about it! You won’t be sad that you purchased it!!" —Birgitta
Get it from Amazon for $184.99
20. A woven pendant light because lights like this are totally trending right now. Not in to the natural look? Add a primer and paint it your preferred shade.
21. A two-tier desk for easy-clean purposes. Whether you use it to work or study, having extra storage space couldn't be a bad thing.
Promising review: "I live in a small city apartment, so I didn't even think I could put a desk in my space. This desk is perfect. It is not tiny; it actually is quite roomy, but it's minimalist design makes it appear to take up far less real estate in a room. The glass top gives it an even airier feel. I place a couple of inexpensive clear drawer inserts (bought on Amazon) in the large shelf, and it is now very functional.
I didn't find it quite as easy to assemble as other people, but it's not too bad. However, if you are a little old lady like me, it's a good idea to have a helper to do things like lifting the heavy glass top on it. It's all worth it though. Like other people said, it looks a lot more expensive than it is." —barskin
Get it from Amazon for $169.99.
22. An entryway bench and shoe rack because kicking shoes off at the door feels natural — might as well have a place to store them. And finally, you can sit and put them on when you're on the way out.
Promising review: "This was placed in our foyer since our shoes seem to pile up by the front door. This bench has been AWESOME! We can place about eight pairs of shoes on the two racks which makes tidying up a breeze. It was super easy to assemble. I'll sit on it and put my shoes on. It's not too low to the ground and is comfortable for the 30 seconds I need to sit. I definitely recommend if you need a place to store your shoes!" —Kate
Get it from Amazon for $65.99 (available in two colors).
23. A pair of benches for those in dire need of a flexible seating option that doesn't look out of place or ugly. Reviewers love that they save floor space by fitting underneath dinner tables.
Promising review: "Wow! I cannot say enough good things about these benches. Truly I'm shocked. It looks like they were made for our house. Its a perfect match. Theyre gorgeous and took less than 20 minutes to assemble both. We loved them so much we just bought another set for our game room!" —heather holmes
Get a set of two from Amazon for $102.99.
24. A convertible futon couch that doesn't look like it came out of a college dorm room. Plus, it's ultra plush and relatively simple to put together.
Promising review: "This couch was the perfect fit for my 12x10 bedroom/office. A little firm, but it fits the purpose. I don't plan to sleep on it every night, so it does the trick. Beautiful color, the fabric and feel is very nice, it was easy for me to put together and it looks high-end. Very happy with this purchase." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $329+ (available in seven colors).