Here’s what you’ll need to make the sandwiches:
See the full recipe at the bottom of this post. Here’s an illustrated step-by-step.
3. Cut the bread into slices about ½-inch thick.
5. Cook the sandwiches in a large skillet over medium heat until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side.
PRO TIP: Keep the finished sandwiches warm in a 250°F oven while you finish cooking the rest.
Mini Beer Cheese Sandwiches
Makes about 16 sandwiches
Recipe by Christine Byrne
16 ounces sharp yellow cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon mustard powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
6 ounces Pilsner beer
2 large baguettes or 4 small baguettes
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
Pulse the cheddar cheese in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment until crumbly. Add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, cayenne, salt, pepper, and beer, and pulse until the mixture is combined and spreadable.
Cut both baguettes into slices about ½-inch thick. Make sandwiches: Spread about 1½ tablespoons beer cheese onto a slice of bread, top with another slice, and then spread about ½ teaspoon butter on both sides of each sandwich.
Heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add as many sandwiches as you can fit in the pan, and cook until the underside is golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes more.
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- The election is really, really over now: Jill Stein has dropped her Pennsylvania recount request, making Donald Trump the absolute winner.
- Cuba is preparing to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago Saturday, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.
- This 23-year-old got her lost driver's license back in the mail along with a hilarious thank you note 📝😂