Here’s what you’ll need to make the sandwiches:
See the full recipe at the bottom of this post. Here’s an illustrated step-by-step.
3. Cut the bread into slices about ½-inch thick.
5. Cook the sandwiches in a large skillet over medium heat until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side.
PRO TIP: Keep the finished sandwiches warm in a 250°F oven while you finish cooking the rest.
Mini Beer Cheese Sandwiches
Makes about 16 sandwiches
Recipe by Christine Byrne
16 ounces sharp yellow cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon mustard powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
6 ounces Pilsner beer
2 large baguettes or 4 small baguettes
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
Pulse the cheddar cheese in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment until crumbly. Add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, cayenne, salt, pepper, and beer, and pulse until the mixture is combined and spreadable.
Cut both baguettes into slices about ½-inch thick. Make sandwiches: Spread about 1½ tablespoons beer cheese onto a slice of bread, top with another slice, and then spread about ½ teaspoon butter on both sides of each sandwich.
Heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add as many sandwiches as you can fit in the pan, and cook until the underside is golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes more.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈