2. Kick your cooking up a notch without adding any extra sugar or fat by sprinkling in your own DIY spice blend.
Spices add flavor, and more flavorful food = more DELICIOUS food. Sure, you can use store bought spice blends or individual spices, but making your own allows you to customize. Learn more here.
3. Learn to make the perfect omelette.
Sure, there’s a pretty hefty amount of butter involved, but a classic french omelette is a hearty, delicious way to start a weekend morning, and it won’t lead to a sugar crash that leads you reaching for a snack an hour later. Recipe here.
4. If you’re doing some kind of healthy food challenge this January, planning your meals ahead of time will make things easier.
Whether you’ve committed to a specific plan or just a healthier diet, you’re probably trying to eat more real food in sensible portions, and less junk. If you haven’t heard of Whole30, it’s a 30-day plan that emphasizes whole, healthy foods, and it’s one of the most popular diet “resets” around. Here are some great make-ahead ideas for the Whole30.
5. When in doubt, make sure your plate is filled with fruits and vegetables in a variety of colors.
Roasted Tomatoes with Goat Cheese Polenta and Roasted Butternut Squash, Kale, and Cranberry Couscous are two healthy and beautiful options. And here are 21 super colorful meals that’ll get you excited to eat healthy!
6. Want to try out vegetable “pasta” but not ready to invest in a spiralizer? Try Hungryroot, a line of pre-made veggie noodles.
The company offers a huge variety of vegetable noodles including beets, sweet potatoes, and rutabaga, plus chickpea-based pancake and cookie dough batters and other healthy treats. Order here.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪