1. Trade TORTILLAS for ZUCCHINI and make enchilada boats.
2. Use CASHEWS to make mac and cheese without the DAIRY.
3. Mash or blend CAULIFLOWER instead of POTATOES.
Cauliflower is lower-carb and lower-calorie than potato, which means it won't leave you feeling stuffed. It's not as naturally ~creamy~ as a potato, so it needs a little help. Recipes that involve cooking and then mashing or blending it with tons of other flavorful ingredients are your best bet.
Recipes (from left): Bacon-Cheddar Cauliflower Chowder; Olive Oil, Garlic, and Romano Cheese Mashed Cauliflower
4. Sandwich your favorite fillings between PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS instead of BREAD.
5. Make pancakes or flatbreads with CHICKPEAS instead of WHEAT.
6. Add NUTRITIONAL YEAST to mimic the flavor of CHEESE in dips and sauces.
Another great vegan trick that everyone should steal is using nutritional yeast — dry, slightly tangy flakes derived from yeast that taste a lot like Parmesan — to mimic the taste of cheese. You can use it to make "cheesy" dips, or add it to pasta or spaghetti squash the same way you would add Parmesan.
7. Swap SWEET POTATOES for NOODLES in easy weeknight "pasta" dishes.
We all know about "zoodles" by now, but zucchini isn't the only vegetable that makes a great stand-in for pasta. Sweet potatoes are unprocessed and filled with complex carbs, meaning they'll likely keep you fuller for longer than processed white pasta.
Recipes (from left): Thai Peanut Sweet Potato Noodles; Creamy Spinach Sweet Potato Noodles With Cashew Sauce