1. Leave your electric blanket on the lowest setting while you sleep.
“Get a heating blanket, put it under your sheets, and turn it on about 15 minutes before you go to bed. You can leave it on the lowest setting all night. Then put your clothes under your blankets while it’s still on in the morning so they aren’t cold!”—annat438173412
Note: Putting the electric blanket under your sheets does not mean sleeping on top of the blanket. When using an electric blanket, don’t simultaneously use an electric mattress pad. And definitely, before buying a blanket, make sure that it’s been fully approved by safety organizations and that it’s been tested for all-night use with automatic protection mechanisms.
5. Turn up the heat in the kitchen (as in, bake more).
“If I’m in the kitchen, I usually turn my oven on.”
Of course, don’t leave the kitchen with the oven still on, and only turn it on for a few minutes. Choose to cook with the oven more often when it gets cold. Besides, there’s never an excuse to not eat more freshly baked cookies. Here’s a recipe for NUTELLA stuffed cookies.
6. Run your wrists under hot water to allow your whole body to warm up faster.
“My uncle, who is on ski patrol, told me that the easy access to veins in your wrists allows the warmed-up blood to travel through your body, making you feel warmer after just a few seconds.”
13. Consider talking to your doctor about getting a prescription.
“I have Raynaud’s (along with rheumatoid arthritis). The best thing for me is Procardia ER. For those suffering from extreme coldness, it is a great option to talk to your doctor about.”
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- Women are arguing about whether people who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- People are melting after a girl shared photos of her pitbull on Twitter in order to speak out against laws banning the animal 🐶😭