26 Products That’ll Make Grooming Your Pet A Much Less Scary Prospect
Products so you and your pet no longer have to dread bath time.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Pet cleaning wipes for upkeep on the in-between days. Just because we don't have the time to give dogs a bath doesn't mean that's going to stop them from rolling around in the dirt. We have our priorities and they have theirs.
2. A cordless nail grooming tool to safely and quickly trim your dogs nails. The rotary tool is a less abrasive alternative to nail clippers and much less scary for both you and your pet.
3. A Bissell bark bath that's a two-in-one dog bath and deep upholstery cleaner. It's a portable system so you can wash your dog in any room with minimal mess. Once you're finished with the easy part you can use it to finally clean that infamous stain they left on the carpet.
4. A gentle grooming glove so you can trick your pet into getting groomed by "petting" them. The glove gives a massaging effect your pet will love and can be used daily to reduce shedding or during bath time for a deeper clean.
5. A silicone lick mat that sticks onto the surface of your sink, floor, or bath tub to distract your pets during their baths. Just apply peanut butter or any spreadable treat onto the mat surface and turn dreadful bath time into something much more enjoyable for your anxious or antsy pets.
6. Styptic powder to have on hand in case you get a little too close while clipping your pet's nails. It's horrifying but it happens...better to be prepared.
7. A portable pet grooming arm so you can set up shop wherever you need. It has a clamp to attach to any table and a no-sit haunch holder so you can harness your pup comfortably and quickly get to clipping before they become uncooperative.
8. A hair dryer brush because you're not completely out of the woods with bath time until your pet is *fully* dry and fluffy. The dryer's design allows you to dry and brush with one hand and has gentle airflow/adjustable temperatures to ensure comfort.
9. A pet wand shower attachment that provides full coverage for washing dogs of all sizes and makes bath time a quick, one-handed operation.
10. A complete grooming kit for professional results without the price tag. The kit includes cordless sheers with a low noise and vibration motor to keep your pup at ease.
11. A microfiber dog towel that soaks water in like a sponge and prevents that wet-dog smell we all know and hate. 😖😖😖
12. Medicated shampoo made from tea tree oil and oatmeal that exfoliates, moisturizes, and conditions skin and fur. The formula ensures long lasting itch relief so your pup can finally stop scratching that dry spot and relax.
13. A portable paw cleaner to keep by the door so your pups can dig in the dirt without it being a complete disaster every time. Add a bit of water to the cup, insert their paws and gently massage them against the silicon brush for thorough cleaning.
14. A pet grooming vacuum attachment that fits onto any vacuum thanks to its nearly universal fit. Visible shedding is a good indicator that your pet is in need of a grooming, so the next time you notice pet hair on your couch you can use the attachment to groom your pet ASAP and clean up the mess they left behind.
15. A set of scissors with ergonomic handles for easy and comfortably clipping. There's a pair of shears for every grooming situation so you'll be set whether your dog just needs a little trim around the face or a full-blown snip.
16. Organic ear cleaner drops, because ears are the trickiest part of at-home grooming. This water-free solution prevents excess moisture that causes odor, wax buildup, and irritation. All you have to do is drop them in with regular cleanings and try to be extra quiet when you're opening up your next bag of chips — they're going to hear everything.
17. A buzz-free grooming kit for cats or dogs who are especially sensitive to loud noises or vibrations. The set includes a pair of scissors that comes with seven different cutting comb attachments. Just pick out the comb according to length and snip the hair all in one go for buzz-like precision without all that noise.
18. A wearable shampoo brush to ensure the deepest clean possible. It has a ring handle design so it won't slip out of your grasp and soft rubber bristles for a good ol' massage that might make your dog second guess how much they hate bath time.
19. A silicone finger brush for easy dental cleaning. It's made from soft rubber so it's a nice alternative to the harsh bristles of a traditional toothbrush. It has 360-degree brush design that allows you to clean your dog's teeth thoroughly from any angle.
20. A groomer massage toy, so your cat can self-groom and save you from some of the hassle. It has an arched brush that acts as a massager so they'll have no idea they're actually controlling their shedding. If only they knew...
21. A Chi For Dogs detangling kit for the higher maintenance dogs...aka the divas. The set includes detangling spray, a slicker brush, and a double-sided comb to work out knots and tangles. Next stop, Westminster Kennel Club.
22. A portable grooming tub that gives you complete access to your pup so you don't have to break your back or make a complete mess while bathing your pet.
23. Pet cologne to spray onto your pet after bath time so they stay smelling clean for longer than the usual 10 minutes. It also comes in handy on the days when you're not grooming to keep odors under control.
24. An Aquapaw bathing tool that attaches to any indoor or outdoor hose and dispenses water through a handheld brush so you can get bathing over with as efficiently as possible.
26. And calming shampoo, because your pet's cooperation level during bath time is unpredictable and their patience is dwindling — you might only have time to complete one step. Luckily, this one step cleans, conditions, and moisturizes.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.