2. …and now, another one will be added to the roster: IMG Models just introduced a new plus-size men’s division called “Brawn,” according to WWD.
Ivan Bart, president of IMG Models, told WWD, “Brawn has a body positive message. Brawn is physical strength.”
3. The first person signed to their new division is Zach Miko, who has gained attention in the past for being Target’s only plus-size male model.
Bart said he signed Miko, who is 6’6” and has a 40-inch waist, because “he was relatable but still represented fashion.”
“Everyone wants to wear great clothes and everyone wants to look fashionable. We have to start asking for more options,” he told WWD.
4. “Being a man of size, I never imagined for a minute that this would be a possible career,” Miko told BuzzFeed.
“Then, Ivan told me about his dreams for the fashion industry: diversity, inclusion, evolution,” he said. “I knew then I hadn’t just found an agency, I had found a home.”
5. “The Brawn division is going to open up the fashion world to the everyman. Fashion is ever-changing, but more importantly it is ever-evolving,” said Miko.
“Women of all shapes and sizes are beautiful and confident and sexy,” he said. “The conversation has changed from ‘This is what beautiful is’ to ‘What is beautiful?’ I am humbled to be able to raise that question for the men’s industry.”
9. “You are beautiful the way you are right now,” Miko said. “Who you are — no matter what shape or size or age or what have you — is attractive, desirable, and valid.”
“We have been told for so long that beauty is this one thing, but times are changing,” he said. “It’s a new conversation. Beauty comes in every variety. If you want to be a model, go do it. Dress up, take pictures, post on your Instagram, tell a story, be proud of who you are right now. Put yourself out there. You never know who is watching.”
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- And you can tune into BuzzFeed News on Facebook, where we'll be covering the entire ceremony live.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- And as many as eight survivors have been found after a deadly avalanche buried a hotel in Italy.