33 Smart Storage Solutions For Those Who Went Through A Couponing Phase And Now Have A Stockpile
"Never gonna give you up / Never gonna let you down" — Rick Astley and you @ all the stuff you've accumulated.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A five-tier K-Cup organizer for the serious java drinker who needs room for 90 coffee pods. You can even store cups, stirrers, syrups, and sugars right on top — saving even more space in your kitchen cabinets.
Promising review: "I have nothing but good things to say about this storage unit. I got the large, 72-pod stand which has a lot of capacity but is conveniently sized to fit smaller spaces. I wanted something to store my pods in next to my machine but didn’t have much space between my machine and the refrigerator so I’m happy I ran across this storage unit. It fits perfectly! I really like the fact that it’s sturdy, sleek-looking, and has rubber caps on the bottom so it doesn’t slide around easily. I’m not sure how many coffee pods most people usually have on hand on a normal basis, but if you’re like me and enjoy having options and varieties of coffee, this storage unit will hold variety packs easily." —Mellissa
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in three sizes).
2. A chrome can rack where you can store all 36 of the Campbell's creamy tomato soups you picked up because your grocery store was having a BOGO sale.
Promising review: "This is a terribly useful product because no can good companies have the decency to make their cans the same size with interlocking lids which means you either have to stack your vegetables one high, or play a precarious game of Jenga every time you reach for cream of chicken. Enter this thing. It uses the same footprint as the same amount of cans would, EXCEPT there is none of that precarious stacking so you don't get buried in an avalanche of pantry staples every time you make dinner. Plus, it really cleans up your pantry. Pretty inexpensive solution to a messy problem I had." —Mr.andMrs.Moreno
Get it from Amazon for $18.99.
3. An over-the-door pocket organizer that you can throw literally anything in. Got a bunch of scrunchies, socks, baby stuff, cat toys, or something else with no real home? Throw 'em in here, shut the door, and call it a day.
Promising review: "I purchased these to organize my kids' crafts, paint, and play dough that were taking over our laundry room! I was able to fit both on the back of door, the bins are roomy and sturdy. This is perfect for extra storage and organization!" —Jessica Godio
Get it from Amazon for $16.87 (available in seven colors).
4. A plastic wallet organizer where you can store all of the Vera Bradley clutches you were *obsessed* with in high school. The fact that you haven't pulled them out in years now is beside the fact because what if they become collectibles like Beanie Babies??
Promising review: "This minimalist style is great for organizing small purses, clutches, and wallets. It’s nice that it’s clear because my first thought was to get one with color or design but the clear material makes it so you can easily see what you have — that way there's no digging around for what I want and everything stays organized." —S.H.
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in packs of one, two, and four).
5. Or a hanging purse organizer if your handbags are taking up a considerable chunk of your closet — precious space that could be used for more clothes instead.
Promising review: "I was quite skeptical when I ordered this purse organizer but decided for the price, I'd go ahead and take the chance. Well! This is a winner. There's no assembly. It hooks over the clothes rod, right alongside the clothes hangers. I held my breath as I began to push through a couple of my larger purses. The larger ones protrude a bit on each end but the sling fits like a glove around the purse and prevents sliding. The smaller purses fit quite nicely. I like that my more costly bags will not be a dust catch-all now and will also be protected from scratching. All in all, I'm impressed with this product and happy with this purchase. It is a space-saver. I recommend it. I hope it holds up well. I think it will." —Beje
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in four colors).
6. A beside-the-toilet storage tower with two pull-out drawers and a cubbyhole that can fit 12 rolls of TP. If your itty bitty bathroom barely has room for *you* — nvm your stuff — this will come in clutch.
7. Or a cloud-shaped toilet paper rack so you don't have to waste precious under-sink storage space on paper products. It's that or buy your TP one roll at a time and the couponer in you knows that's not a cost effective way to do things...
8. A lightweight closet system that can hold up to 16 T-shirts at once so you don't have to waste bureau space on raggedy PJs and tees that are on their last legs and should really be converted into cleaning rags already.
The Roll Keeper is a woman-owned small business from Kelso, Washington. Check out this helpful video that shows you how to load and unload the Roll Keeper!
Promising review: "Our family is growing, and I realized there's a lot of space in a closet that isn't being used. That's how I came across these, and now I have them in all the closets. They make getting clothes so easy, and now we have more space for the growing family! XOXO!" —Megan
9. A two-tier curved storage rack you can slide under your pedestal sink in order to store extra toiletries. When you first bought a Victorian home you thought the bathrooms were ~quaint~ and ~era appropriate,~ but it soon became apparent that people switched to vanities for a reason...
10. A macrame fruit hammock so your bananas, apples, and oranges can enjoy their last days on earth in comfort. Little do they know they're about to be devoured. 😈
11. A four-pack of space-saving clothes organizers guaranteed to *TRIPLE* your closet space with their ingenious drop-down design. Each one can hold up to 30 pounds, so they're even suitable for sweaters and coats!
Promising review: "I'm so impressed by these little hangers! I figured I'd cut down on my closet clutter by hanging basic tops from these instead of side by side, but I did not expect four Wonder Hangers to almost double my closet space. These are amazing for work shirts, dress clothes, and stuff you don't necessarily wear every day but want to hang up to avoid wrinkles. They are very sturdy, I filled one with just cardigans and blazers and it held up just fine. They do get pretty bulky in terms of width, but you're still using far less space than you would if all of the clothing was hanging directly on the closet rod. I'll definitely be buying more!" —Danielle
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $19.99 (available in five finishes and in packs of four or eight).
12. A magnetic kitchen organizer you can slap to the side of your fridge and not have to think about again. It's a great option for renters since you don't have to go drilling any holes or YouTubing any videos on how to use a stud finder.
Promising review: "Small but strong. It's a perfect addition for a small (usually messy) kitchen. Now I always know where the paper towels are. The top shelf is a great place to keep often-used items (honey, Sriracha sauce, garlic powder, etc.), and the hooks at the bottom work well for small pot holders. The magnet holds well — I have not had any issues with the rack sliding down the side of my fridge. I think this is a great product." —C. A. Fuchs
13. A KitchenAid attachment organizer because storing all your accessories in the mixer's bowl is all fine and good until you're actually ready to use it...
14. A six-slot water bottle holder so you can stop throwing your Nalgenes, S'wells, and HydroFlasks in the corner cabinet and hoping for the best (AKA that they won't take you out avalanche-style the next time you open the door).
15. A compact hat organizer you can sling over any ol' hanger and hide away in your closet. This way, they won't get kicked into the abyss — under your couch or bed, that is — after they're thrown on the floor.
The organizer has nine rubberized steel clips that can hold hats, masks, and even doggie coats.
Promising review: "What an awesome idea! PackHat easily fits onto a velvet pants hanger! Mine is going into the hall closet and now, I will be able to immediately find the baseball cap that I need to match my outfit du jour! If I have room, my gloves are also going to be clipped onto it. THIS IS A REAL TIME-SAVING ORGANIZER!!! THANK YOU! And, as a bonus, it is sturdy and well made. I can see this going into coat closets all across the country and what a terrific idea to organize kids' stuff, too! Love, love, love it! I would give it more than 5 stars if I could!!!" —pcr
Get it from Amazon for $10.95.
16. A leather and brass hanging rack almost as aesthetically pleasing as the wooden cutting boards you'll hang from it. (But never use because then you might stain them...)
Holistic Habitat is a Charlotte-based, woman-owned small biz from friends Kristin Holler and Rachael Daugherty. They produce ethically-sourced home goods and donate 15% of profits to causes like Together Rising, The ACLU, and Habitat for Humanity. They also sponsor school children in Guatemala where they source fabrics.
Get it from Holistic Habitat for $58.
17. A damage-free Command bottle hook you can hang your various stain removers, all-purpose cleaners, and window sprays from because when you throw them all under the sink, it's hard to decipher what is what.
And like regular Command products, they won't peel off paint once they're removed!
Promising review: "Let's face it, Command products ROCK! This was perfect for our truck camper, under the sink, to hold a small, refillable spray bottle of 409 to clean the kitchen. It has literally hung by this Command hanger for 3,000 miles now — bumpy roads, up and down hills, you name it. Everywhere we've gone, and neither the bottle nor the Command hanger have ever been found down. Still hanging in there like the day I stuck it. Works AWESOME!!!! It also keeps the bottle out of the way by tucking it up to one side under the sink. PERFECT!" —Jenn
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $5.28+ (available in one or two packs).
18. A ceiling-mounted garage storage rack where you can stow away the bocce set, badminton net, and 10-foot-tall animatronic Santa you only pull out every once in a blue moon.
Securely attach the brackets to studs/ceiling joists and the shelving unit can hold up to 600 pounds of stuff. The elevation also ensures everything is safe in the event of a flood.
Promising review: "If you're wanting storage for your garage and have 10-foot or higher ceilings, this is the ticket. Installation is involved but I was able to do it as a one-man job. I used bungee cords to hold up one end of the shelf while installing the other. It took me a whole day to install but I was particular about its position and considered the constraints of surrounding space and aesthetics. This holds a total of sixteen 18-gallon totes... sixteen!!! It occupies otherwise unused space whereas standard shelving occupies valuable floor space. This is absolutely worth the money." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $174.99+ (available in packs of one or two and in three colors).
19. An over-the-sink rack if you could use some extra room for dish soap, sponges, and all of the cups you finally collected from various household surfaces.
The compact but sizable rack can be adjusted based on the width of your sink (it stays in place with the aid of suction cups) and all of the parts can be disassembled and rinsed in the dishwasher.
What's included: One dish rack, one bowl rack, one fruit basket, one knife and cutlery holder, one utensils holder, one cutting board holder, seven utility hooks, and one detergent rack.
Promising review: "This purchase turned out to be one of things I didn't know I needed until I had it. It functions as not only an over-sink drying rack, but also a cutlery holder, kitchen utensil holder, and a utility cleaning holder that can be used for cleaning supplies and brushes etc. The product is sturdy, the legs have suction cups so that it doesn't slide. It seems fairly durable in my nearly week of usage, and its fairly configurable. All of the different sections can be placed in different spots to fit the aesthetic and function of whatever kind of kitchen you've got. It does come disassembled (the main truss) so there are some screws and washers and instructions on how to put it together, a process which took 10 minutes. Surprisingly good purchase, well worth the cost. I have so much free space now." —Darrel Pendergrass
Get it from Amazon for $69.95 (available in two colors)
20. An expandable, two-tier organizer because every time you put a cleaning product back in the cabinet under your kitchen sink, you have approx. one millisecond to slam the door shut before everything falls out.
The shelving unit is suitable for most cabinets as you can adjust the height to four different levels (2, 5, 9, and 13 inches tall) and expand the rail anywhere between 15–25 inches. Since the dimensions aren't one-size-fits-all, it also comes with three large panels and four small panels so you can adjust the shelves.
Promising review: "Great product for a great price. Very sturdy, but lightweight and small; under my bathroom sink is *very* small, and the metal frame is thin enough that it doesn't take up much space, and of course it allows me to utilize the empty vertical space instead of shoving things all the way to the back wall. I might rearrange the shelves, but it's just held with screws on each end so that's easy enough to do. It comes with two supports for two shelves, but you can choose from four heights/positions. 👍🏻 Might need to order a second for under the kitchen sink..." —Jennifer Mowry
Get it from Amazon for $22.87 (available in three colors).
21. A 30-spice door rack as there's no getting around the fact that your collection has outgrown its designated cabinet.
Each strip has five clips which fit most standard spice bottles (1.5 to 1.75 inches in diameter). The strips also come with pre-applied tape so all you have to do is peel and stick.
Promising review: "Love, love, love this! I have old narrow cabinets and not nearly enough of them so I desperately needed a new way to organize all my herbs and spices. Took a chance based on a list of cool new things and couldn't be more happy with this product! It came with 30 grippers for only $10. I didn't even have to screw them into my cabinets. If you follow the directions and let them cure 24 hours, the self-adhesive works great! I plan on buying a few sets for gifts!" —Brandi Y.
Get it from Amazon for $9.97 (available in two colors)
22. A two pack of corner shower caddies because buying new body wash is your favorite form of self-care and you're quickly running out of room.
The rustproof stainless-steel caddies come with suction mounts so installation is easy peasy.
Promising review: "Perfect for my tile shower that had no shelving. I am able to fit a lot on the shelves with no hassle or worry they might fall. I'd suggest to hook in the baskets first to the adhesive and then remove the back of the adhesive and stick it onto the tile with the basket so it applies evenly." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $20.99+ (available in two sizes and four finishes).
23. A shoe cabinet narrow enough to fit in tight mudrooms, entry halls, and foyers. At minimum, it holds eight pairs of sneakers, slip-ons, or sandals.
The shoe holder frees up floorspace and keeps shoes ventilated so you don't have to worry about your foot funk making its way to other rooms.
Promising review: "I needed something that was narrow enough to fit in the my entryway to hold all my shoes instead of jammed in the closet where I couldn't see them. I love this cabinet as it doesn't take up much space in the entryway, it provides a place for a lot of my shoes, and it has a narrow top that can hold items but is small enough not to encourage gathering too much stuff. It's highly functional and looks great in small spaces." —Minimalist
Get it from Ikea for $99.
24. A rotating makeup/skincare organizer ideal for freeing up space on your vanity or bathroom counter. Now you won't need a photographic memory to recall where you put your moisturizer.
If you're trying to size up the stand vs. your collection, the manufacturer says it can hold roughly 60 makeup brushes and 30 products be it lipstick, nail polish, skincare, etc.
Promising review: "If you're like me and have a lot of face care and makeup, this is a MUST-have for your vanity, dresser, or restroom! I love it! It holds almost all my products, minus two bottles of lotion, but that's okay. My mom bought two for her stuff after I showed her mine. It's big enough for everything, yet compact. This is easily my favorite purchase on Amazon this year." —KdH
Get it from Amazon for $26.88.
25. A magnetic stove shelf on which you can stack your go-to spices, oils, and kitschy salt and pepper shakers.
The shelf works with both flat and curved stoves. It doesn't require any adhesives or installation and the magnets can even be repositioned for a custom fit.
Promising review: "The shelf installed in a snap. It has two sturdy magnets that hold it securely onto the slightly rounded back of my stove. I felt comfortable setting a full jar of honey on it, and I haven’t seen it move at all as I have been cooking. I have limited space in the kitchen, so I’m really happy to have an additional place to set things I need frequently. It doesn’t look like an add-on; it looks like part of the stove. I’m really happy with it!" —Sylvia J.
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in three colors and two styles).
26. A two-tier lazy Susan strong enough to store your reserve of soup cans or salon-worthy collection of polish. Plus, since it's nonskid, nothing will come flying out at you even if your rental's shelves are majorly uneven.
Promising review: "This turned a mess of a cabinet into an organized cabinet. We use A LOT of spices and it was always a nightmare to find the right one. Now, I just spin to find what I want. It’s a nice height too and allows for different sized bottles to be placed on the racks. Overall, this is a good purchase to help with organization." —vegmom
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in six colors).
27. An above-the-outlet shelf where you can tuck away electric toothbrushes, razors, soap, and whatever else won't fit on your vanity-style sink.
To install the shelf, simply remove your outlet's face plate, place the shelf, and then screw the plate back on with the included hardware. It should only take a few minutes at most.
Promising review: "I use this in the kitchen and have room for a baby monitor and a little Bluetooth speaker. I love that it’s two less things on my counter and now the cords are compact and look far more tidy. I had this 'installed' in a minute. Very simple and I’m not handy. Just need a screwdriver." —Davenport, IA
Get it from Amazon for $7.49+ (available in packs of one, two, or four and three colors).
28. A set of two shelf risers so you can utilize *all* of your available space. A few more inches is nothing to sneeze at — I know my fellow NYC peeps can agree.
29. A two-tier storage shelf that squeezes right into any corner so you can make the most of awkward spaces. Your vanity may only be 3 feet across, but you bet your butt you'll utilize every inch.
30. A boho hat hanger where you can stylishly store all of the toppers you bought because Alexis Rose is your style icon. Schitt's Creek may be over (😭), but these guys aren't going anywhere.
Madhatters by Robyn is a small LA-based shop. This hanger comes with five knotted and assembled ropes, five S hooks, two gold nails, and two leather straps (with pre-drilled holes), so it's ready to install on arrival.
Promising review: "Wow. This hatter is beautiful!!!! I can’t wait to show it off. Robyn was nothing but kind, quick to respond, and went above and beyond to make sure my hatter arrived. Customer service was INCREDIBLE. Thank you, Robyn! Our apartment is now complete!" —sambelvin
31. A three-drawer jewelry box that's so trendy, it doubles as decor. I'm v, v into acrylic furniture and if you're looking to dip your toe into the trend, this is an affordable foray.
I just got this jewelry box a month or so ago and I find it soooooo cute. I *love* that the top is clear so you can see your rings and whatever else is stored in the first drawer. I'm currently storing about 10 rings and three pairs of hoop earrings in the top tier, and six-ish necklaces in each of the bottom drawers. For $15, I think the quality is also top notch. 👌🏻
Promising review: "I love this jewelry box! I reorganized my closet and made a little vanity area! It’s pretty and it holds a lot more than I expected! I only have six rings, so I have some of my post earrings in the ring area, and it looks/works fine! If I had more jewelry, I’d get a second one!" —C. Happy
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in two colors).
32. A hinged storage cabinet/mirror for the random stuff you just don't have room for anywhere else. If you've run out of space in your apartment, think again! Bet you're not using those few inches behind your bedroom door. 🤔
Promising review: "This is a must-have for any small space. My bathroom has no medicine cabinet, just a mirror and it's pretty small so storage is a huge deal. My girlfriend came across this item so I figured I would give it a shot since it's Prime eligible. This item came FAST and packaged extremely well (much better than expected) and the finish was flawless. I know it states it needs two people to install but I put this together and hung it in about an hour by myself with very minimal effort and I'm sure if I did it again it would be significantly less time. This fits soo much stuff it really is amazing and it does not impede any operation of the door. I can't fully explain how much I recommend this. I'm about to order the mirror version for my bedroom for colognes and little knickknacks to declutter the countertops." —happyshaver
Get it from Amazon for $249.99+ (available with or without the mirror).
33. And an industrial-style storage shelf you can shimmy right over your bed for extra succulent space. If your windowsills are already full, this is an easy space-saving solution.
Promising review: "I honestly never write reviews but this piece was so well-made, easy to install, and absolutely gorgeous I just had to! I have a room that is essentially the same size as my bed, so storage has to go up the walls, and this provided so much space. The shelves are gorgeous! Worth the price!" —logictransistor
Get it from Urban Outfitters for $269+ (originally $299+; available in sizes Twin and Queen also available in black).