20 Beauty, Skincare, And Haircare Products From Celeb-Owned Brands That Reviews Say Actually Work
Say hi to your soon-to-be faves from Rihanna, Drew Barrymore, Alicia Keys, and more. 💋
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Know Beauty's Bubbling Oxygen Mask brightens your complexion with a mix of goji berry, acai, and grape stem cells, resveratrol, and hydrolyzed silk. If you're unfamiliar, the ~TLDR~ on those ingredients is that they help your skin retain moisture, fight off environmental aggressors, stimulate collagen production, and help repair damage caused by the sun. 🌞
Know Beauty was founded by Vanessa Hudgens and Madison Beer in partnership with their chief medical officer, Dr. Karen Kagha. To find a skincare regimen that reflects your skin goals and needs, take their one-minute skin diagnostic quiz.
I've been using this mask for ~two weeks now and I seriously love it. I use it twice a week (as recommended) and have noticed my skin is much softer and glow-ier (let's just agree that's a word now). The bubbling effect is very gentle but refreshing and the whole thing feels super luxurious. I highly recommend it!
Promising review: "I typically am not the face mask type but this product is AMAZING! I have bad acne scars which I always struggle lightening/getting rid of. After using this product for two weeks I already started noticing a slight decrease in the pigment (which I'm very excited about). Will keep using and most likely buy again!" —Sarah F.
Get it from Know Beauty for $30.
2. Soft Pinch Liquid Blush — from Selena Gomez's Rare Beauty — delivers long-lasting, buildable pigment in your choice of dewy or matte finish. So if your face hasn't seen the sun for, ohhhhhh, say a year or so now, it can lend you a healthy lil' flush.
Promising review: "This blush is amazing! First time trying liquid blush, but it's definitely worth it. This formula is so smooth and moisturizing as well as creamy. This was way more pigmented than I thought (in a good way). A little goes a very long way so I can tell this will last me a long time. The color is very similar to the photo online, but I was so surprised at how well it worked. Very blendable and flawless. Very beautiful packaging and applicator, too. Left a nice dewy finish and lasted all day long! I'm sure if I didn't remove it at night it would have lasted longer :) Selena really hit this off! I'm now very interested in purchasing her highlighter and concealer, too!" —Sofiarosa
3. Keys Soulcare's water-activated Be Luminous Exfoliator buffs away dry and dead skin with a mix of gentle, antioxidant-rich ingredients including green tea, hojicha powder, mung beans, oats, and lactic acid. Based solely on Alicia Keys's complexion, I'd say that's a winning combination!
Promising review: "I have very sensitive skin, so I was initially reserved about purchasing the exfoliator. Most of them just scratch and damage my face. HOWEVER.....this one is like butter. I absolutely love it and WILL purchase it again (and again)." —Melissa S.
4. Florence By Mills' Swimming Under the Eyes Gel Pads reenergize sleepy eyes with depuffing and hydrating ingredients like coconut extract, hyaluronic acid, and pine extract. Pop 'em in the fridge and then apply them with the whale tail (lol) facing in or out — your choice!
In case you didn't know it, yes, 17-year-old Millie Bobby Brown *does* have her own beauty brand!
Promising review: "I just got the Swimming Under the Eye Gel Pads and I love them! They leave my under-eyes feeling refreshed and hydrated. They also stick to my face really well; I like that because sometimes I put them on and then get up and walk around. There are so many in a container so it can last me a long time. They are also very fun to play with in the container with the provided scooper! Overall I very much would recommend to anyone, and this is an amazing product!" —Emma V.
5. Pattern's Leave-In Conditioner is hailed as a "holy grail" product by many reviewers as it helps them seal in moisture and define their curl pattern without weighing them down. More good news: the brand — which comes from Tracee Ellis Ross, might I add — says the formula is a fit for for those with curls, coils, and tight textures.
Promising review: "Love love love this leave-in conditioner! It makes my hair feel soft and healthy. There is no greasy feel at all. It's like my hair just drinks up the conditioner and it makes it manageable and easy to style! Lots of compliments on the shine my hair has since using Pattern conditioner, too!" —Victoria N.
6. Lauren Conrad Beauty's liquid eyeliner gets RAVE reviews for its pen-style applicator, clean formula, and ability to wear all day without even a bit of smudging. TBH, that doesn't surprise me, though, as I'd expect nothing less from the queen of winged eyeliner.
7. That JLo Glow Serum brightens, tightens, and hydrates like the best of 'em, according to many a happy reviewer! Say what you will about magical elixirs and the fountain of youth, but if JLo can manage to look like she's still in her 20s...I'm not opposed to trying it out.
The hydrating serum is suitable for normal, dry, combination, and oily skin. Ingredients include squalane, extra virgin oil, and Japanese rice sake ferment.
Promising review: "I have used it about two weeks now and I feel like my skin soaks up the product very quickly and the feeling is super light and dewy. This morning I thought my face looked airbrushed even before I washed it!!! It's a fantastic product!! Don’t let the price tag scare you. It's your face, but with that JLo glow!" —Dagorlas
8. Fenty Beauty's Pro Filt'r matte foundation is so long lasting, reviewers say it holds up even after eight hours under a mask! Plus, they say it doesn't even transfer a drop!! Thank youuuuuu, RiRi (the one and only billionaire I'm okay with).
Promising review: "I'm not the type of person to wear makeup everyday, especially if it's cakey, because I have really oily and sensitive skin. I love natural-looking makeup. I put this foundation on and it's literally like my skin. You will not feel it and it looks soooo natural. I have also NEVER been able to find a foundation that is my skin tone — it literally matches my skin perfectly. I think the foundation is the best thing in the line. I never do reviews but I have to give props where it's due." —stacyrenee24
9. Flower Beauty's Petal Pout Lip Mask nourishes even the most chapped smackers with hydrating mango and cocoa butter whilst also giving you a pleasant, Drew Barrymore–approved pop of color.
10. Victoria Beckham Beauty's layerable Lid Lustre gives your eyes instant wow factor with "aura-amplifying" crystal-infused formulas. For a real Posh look, I'd suggest the onyx shade, which has "negativity shielding" black obsidian.
Promising review: "Ooooohhhhhhh! This I LOVE! Gives great shimmer to your eyes. Noticeable without being garish. I love this for added color in the summer with a woven hat and big gold hoops, but it will also look great in the fall with cashmere hats and scarves!" —Karen M.
11. Honest Beauty's Extreme Length Mascara + Lash Primer leaves you looking like you applied falsies thanks to its two-in-one formula that emphasizes length and volume. Needless to say, reviews of Jessica Alba's award-winning clean mascara concur that it's ~honestly~ worth it.
Promising review: "Product works wonderfully for being a clean beauty brand. I feel like other clean ones I've tried don't last all day and flaked easily, but not this one! I usually don't like silicone wands but this one works with the help of the normal wand on the primer side. I love this. Best clean mascara I've tried!" —Mal
12. Haus Laboratories Eye-dentify Gel Pencil delivers a vibrant, highly saturated look in your choice of shimmer, matte, or metallic finish. The creamy formula — from Lady Gaga herself — is waterproof, transfer-proof, and meant to last for up to 12 full hours of wear.
Promising review: "I’ve bought seven different shades now and they’re all SO GOOD. I tend to gravitate more toward the shimmers and metallics because they are incredibly pigmented and don’t require much building to make them pop, but I have three of the mattes and really enjoy them, too. They work great for my waterline and even after a 12-hour shift in food service." —Alex E.
13. Kylie Cosmetics' Matte Lip Kits guarantee eight hours of highly pigmented wear — bible! Plus, reviewers say the new-and-improved vegan formula is ultra creamy and transfer-proof.
My fellow BuzzFeed shopping editor Heather Braga LOVES this particular kit — hear her out:
"I personally have Mary Jo and can attest to the fact it's a PERFECT red lip with an everlasting formula you won't need to reapply all day. The newest iteration is vegan and cruelty-free 🥰. Honestly, I have an embarrassing number of Kylie Lip Kits — convincing everyone they need to try it *at least once* is the hill I will forever die on. I've just been so impressed with the product since day one! I wore a Kylie Lip Kit on my wedding day and it did not budge. Heck, I've worn one to every wedding or major event I've ever attended! It is THE most reliable lip product I (and you) will ever own."
Promising review: "I love love love the lip kit — it's my absolute favorite! Stays on all day and doesn't dry out your lips; it does the opposite, makes your lips look smooth and hydrated! Also makes your lips look full, as if you had fillers!" —Jaxs
Get the liquid lipstick and liner duo from Kylie Cosmetics for $29 (available in 33 shades).
14. CBD Stress Away Bath Bombs — from Kristen Bell's Happy Dance — lets you be the most relaxed version of yourself with coconut oil + cocoa butter + ginger and grapefruit extract + 60 mg of CBD. The only thing that can make your bath better? Propping up your phone on the toilet and enjoying a few episodes of The Good Place.
Just FYI: "No, CBD will not get you high. But, it will make you feel like you’re turning the volume down on the chaos in your life jusssst a little bit. THC is the stuff that gets you high, and all of our products have less than the federally legal limit of 0.3% THC." —Happy Dance CBD 101
I personally use these and I really love them. I'm a big fan of bath bombs (all scents and shapes) and these are some of my fave! First, I love the break-apart design that means I get four uses out of every pack. Second, the fizz and scent is just so refreshing. Lastly — and maybe this is just a *me* thing — but they don't leave any weird residue. I feel soft but not greasy and that is my preferred state LOL.
Promising review: "I literally can't express to you the alarms screaming placeboooo in my head...and somehow this fizzy little dream made it all go away. My 2-year-old took off his diaper and was running around the house while my 4-year-old laughed and screamed. My husband was putting our oldest to bed. Did I get out of my bath? No. Did I care that he was naked? Also no. I should add that I don't bathe. And tonight I refilled the tub 'cause it got cold. Which meant I got to use another bath bomb of course!" —Sue
15. TPH by Taraji's Mint Condition Tingling Scalp Conditioner helps hydrate and promote hair growth with an invigorating formula of aloe, peppermint, and shea butter. Reviewers with hair types 1a through 4c all agree it's a refreshing and luxe option that keeps irritation and itchiness at bay.
16. About-Face's Shadowstick does. not. come. off. unless you want it to. Like seriously, swipe on your pick of the matte or pearly shades, have yourself a full-blown Halsey karaoke night, and be amazed when you check yourself out in a bathroom mirror at 2 a.m. only to find your face lookin' flawless.
17. Sienna Naturals' Curl Elixir refreshes roots with just a few spritzes! Whether you're wearing your hair in a protective style or are looking to add a little definition to your curl pattern, the brand's co-owners — Issa Rae and Hannah Diop — got you.
With aloe vera, baobab, and green pea proteins, as well as grape-seed oil, the spray delivers moisture to both high- and low-porosity stands.
Promising review: "I’m used to wearing heavier hair creams and leave-in conditioners to get my desired look. So, admittedly, I was skeptical when I went to use this relatively lightweight product. The outcome is all of the desired benefits (curl pattern, shine, reduced frizz, softness) without any of the undesired aspects, such as residue, waxy or crunchy texture, and contains no fragrances or other toxic products. I had wash-and-go hair on wash day AND it looks terrific upon waking up this morning. I’m really pleased." —Malia M.
18. Josie Maran's Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter smooths and softens skin with a luxe combo of fatty acids and antioxidants. It's so popular amongst skincare enthusiasts that the brand says one sells every 14 seconds!!
Promising review: "I wanted this body butter so bad but just couldn't fathom paying $35 for it. Well, I finally did purchase it and I must say I am in love. This body butter does what it say and more. I put it on for the first time and it literally melted in my skin. My skin stayed moisturized well pass 24 hours and I couldn't be happier. Last winter was terrible on my skin and this body butter helped out so much. I am a new fan of Josie Maran products. I also recently started using the 100% argan oil and it is amazing as well." —chocolatelovely
19. Paris Hilton's ProD.N.A. Dual Action Cleansing Gel gently but rigorously flushes out makeup, dirt, and oil while tightening pores and brightening complexion and you what? That's hot.
20. And Flawless by Gabrielle Union's Scalp Soothing Tonic Hair Treatment eliminates product buildup and hydrates your noggin with aloe vera extract, Brazilian bacuri butter, and peppermint and tea tree oils (for starters). The targeted nozzle tip also means it's ideal for those with protective styles like braids and sew-ins.
Promising review: "When I tell you this works, I mean IT WORKS! I am usually skeptical of celebrity products. I often think they’re just out to put their name on something without any product effectiveness. I have tried multiple products to help with my dry, itchy scalp. I’ve also tried to make my own product using my own oils. Nothing worked. As soon as I put this on, I felt the difference immediately. Not only that, but this product lasts. I like the product consistency. It’s not greasy and it’s not watery. Thank you, Gabrielle Union, for this product. Life changer! (And I say that because I would scratch my scalp all the time.)" —Kristy B.