We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A BedShelfie to pop on the side of your bunk (been there 😭) so you have room for snacks, small electronics, and whatever else gets lost in the sheets during your daily siesta.
Check out a TikTok of the BedShelfie to see it in action!
Promising review: "At first, I was going to try to find something inexpensive, but after looking at everything and reading all of the reviews, I ordered this product for my son's dorm room. It arrived well-packaged and even better than I had hoped. The quality of the product is exceptional, very well-built and super easy to install. My son was confident about putting his expensive notebook on it even though the shelf is on the highest part of his loft. The shelf is very solid and looks great." —Allison M.
Get it from Amazon for $44.99+ (available in five styles).
2. A pad of transparent sticky notes if you SO badly want to jot down notes in the margins of your textbook buttttt you're looking to sell it back to Chegg at the end of the semester and you wanna get back every penny you can.
3. A clog-preventing funnel that lets hair go directly down the drain so you and your roommates don't have to take turns wrestling with a drain snake every few weeks.
Check it out on TikTok here!
Promising review: "DrainFunnel is a gift from God. Seriously. I am a guy with Tarzan/Jason Momoa type hair. Shower drain clogged all the time until I found DrainFunnel. I've had DrainFunnel for a year with no clogged drain. No plumbing issues. Nada. Highly recommend!" —BrandonL
Get it from Lowe's for $13.49.
4. Kristin Ess Rose Gold Temporary Tint for when you want to experiment with your hair color but don't have $250 to shell out on a balayage because you have textbooks to buy. 😭
Check out this TikTok by @leeleeslimthick!
Promising review: "I absolutely love this stuff. There's no commitment and no staining the hair. It is literally a put-in-and-wash-out product. I have platinum-blonde hair and there was no tint of pink left behind or anything. I love this stuff! It's gives you rose-gold pink hair, so beautiful." —Lee
Get it from Amazon for $15+ (also available in a pack of two).
5. A mini sunset lamp if your dorm room gets next to no light and you could use some simulated sunshine to warm up those cinderblock walls and drop ceilings.
See it on TikTok here.
Promising review: "I've seen these on TikTok a bunch of times, and now I finally have my own! I've been eyeing the sunset and rainbow lights for months. I decided to purchase just the sunset light first to see how much I liked it. The same day it came I tested it out in a home studio, and I absolutely adore it! It gives a soft, glowy look that is perfect to accent golden-hour-style photo shoots and editing styles. I definitely recommend this product. I can't wait to purchase the rainbow light next for a whole new look!" —Taylor
Get it from Amazon for $8.38+ (available in two colors).
6. A set of Wonder Hangers which will ~triple~ your closet space — something that will come in clutch now that your sweater collection is relegated to a tiny dorm armoire.
Check it out on TikTok here!
Promising review: "We ❤️ Wonder Hangers and have purchased them multiple times! These hangers are a godsend in a small dorm closet! Also, it makes it so much easier to view your clothes! Would highly recommend!" —Maggie H.
Get a 10-pack from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in three colors and four pack sizes).
7. A minimalist, unobtrusive efficiency timer that doesn't tick or sound a startling alarm when your set interval is up. Instead, the colors just slowly change so you can work in silence.
The timer is super easy to use, too. It only has three buttons and can be set for anywhere from one minute to 24 hours. Check it out on TikTok here!
Promising review: "I like to use the Pomodoro Technique when I study and had been looking for a Pomodoro timer to put on my desk. However, I am someone who easily flinches when I am focused, so a kitchen timer would not have done the trick as they're usually pretty loud. Once I saw this Minee3 timer, I knew I had to buy it. First of all, it brings a nice touch to my desk, and secondly, the volume is rather low, so I've never flinched while using it. Unlike an ordinary analog timer, it doesn't tick when it turns, which is quite nice." —ptmct
Get it from Amazon for $69.50 (available in three colors).
8. A USB-rechargeable rotating LED light you can use in your closet, on your desk, or wherever else you could use a little light if your roommate is *very* strict about quiet hours and turns off the overheads at 10 p.m. sharp.
Check out a TikTok of the magnetic LED desk lamp in action.
Promising review: "This light is everything — it is effortless to use and very lightweight. The touch buttons offer temperature choice and brightness variations. I like how it detaches from its magnetic base so you can use it like a flashlight. Very versatile as it can be attached anywhere using self-adhesive tape. Plan to purchase more for my home." —Shari Hoo
Get it from Amazon for $26.99.
9. A padded tank that 1) looks incredibly cute and 2) eliminates the need for a bra because after two years of doing Zoom school from your childhood bedroom, those became obsolete.
Check out this activewear essential on TikTok here.
Promising review: "Honestly saw this on TikTok and contemplated getting it for a long time. I’m so glad I committed! It’s extremely comfortable. The padding is amazing so you don’t have to worry about a bra underneath at all. You can wear it with sweats or leggings to the gym or even dress it up for a night out. Considering more colors for sure!" —Kristyn Long
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in women's sizes S–XXL and 23 colors).
10. A colorful mechanical keyboard with a matching wireless mouse you've most definitely seen on your FYP. Sure, you're still typing up a two-page speech for your mandatory public speaking class, but at least now you have a bright and cheery new keyboard to clack away on.
The set includes a wireless keyboard and mouse with a USB receiver for a 2.4GHz connection. Pick up some AA batteries; both will need them! I've seen this keyboard in a ton of different desk setups — you can check out how the clicking sounds in this TikTok from @wisteriem.
Promising review: "So cute! Not gonna lie, this got me through my winter finals in college, the tapping noises from the keys are so soothing. Works very well, and color scheme is amazing! Planning on buying the yellow one as well.👀" —Samantha
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in 12 styles).
11. A microwave pasta cooker for times when the dining hall is closed and you're looking to whip up your go-to meal: noodles with butter and — if you're feeling ~saucy~ — a lil' sprinkle of Parmesan.
See how one TikToker uses it here!
It also doubles as a strainer, and you can use the holes in the lid to portion out long pastas.
Promising review: "I bought this microwave pasta cooker at a time when I did not have a stove. Even though I have a stove now, I still use this cooker for dinner for myself sometimes because it works so well and quickly! There are lines to indicate how much water to put in the cooker versus the amount of pasta you intend to cook. The pasta comes out very soft and perfectly cooked when instructions are followed. When the pasta is done, the lid is used to drain the cooker of water and works very well. Pasta is the only thing I have cooked in this product, but there are a lot of other things you can cook in it. I highly recommend this to any college student or adult who needs a fast microwave pasta cooker!" —Kelsi
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
12. A set of toaster oven bags if you're always jonesing for a grilled cheese but don't exactly have a full kitchen at your disposal. Just put together all your fixins, drop 'em in the bag, and let your toaster do the work for you.
You can also heat up pizza slices, chicken nuggets, and more with it, meaning you'll have dinner ready in a matter of minutes. Reviewers say these are also great for anyone with a gluten allergy who needs to keep their bread separate in the toaster. Check 'em out on TikTok here!
Promising review: "TikTok made me buy this!! I do not regret it. :) Great purchase for the grilled cheese lovers. It's easy to use, easy to clean, and easy to store. Highly recommend." —Gloria Nunez
Get them from Amazon for $8.59+ (available in packs of 4, 6, and 10).
13. A set of four sheet fasteners that are basically like suspenders for your mattress, because nothing ruins a morning like having the corner of your fitted sheet pop off as you roll over — especially when you're already having to deal with sleeping on a Twin XL mattress!!!
See them on TikTok here.
Promising review: "I love these! Since I started using them my sheets haven’t popped off once and that used to be a multiple times a night problem because I toss and turn when I sleep. Thank you, TikTok!" —Gabby
Get a set of four from Amazon for $9.25 (available in three colors).
14. A set of waterproof, smudge-proof eyeliner stamps for those who LOVE the look of winged liner, but simply don't have time to paint 'em on before their 8 a.m. lecture.
15. A pack of Mighty Patch pimple spot treatments to speedily pull the pus out of your most worrisome whiteheads. (Sorry, that was a gross sentence, but it is what it is. 🤷♀️) Before you head to bed, just slap the dots right on any zits, and they'll work their magic overnight.
Check these out on TikTok here!
Promising review: "I heard all about these on TikTok, so I decided to order. I switched my birth control and was having a ton of breakouts; these are amazing! They helped me stop picking at my face, and my skin is so clear now. Will always have these in my house from now on!" —Kiara Galloway
Get it from Amazon for $11.69.
16. A set of storage scrunchies so you can keep your cash money, lip balm, and keys nice and accessible. This way, you don't have to carry a purse but you also don't have to wait outside of your suite hoping one of your roommates is home to let you in.
See them on TikTok here.
Promising review: "I bought this because of someone on TikTok who had purchased this. Extremely convenient and cute! They’re very soft, and I’ve been using mine to hold cash and lip balm. I wish there were more colors!" —Michaela
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $11.99 (available in two color combinations).
17. A tiny lil' cleaning ball with a sticky interior that picks up lint, crumbs, dust, sand, and whatever else is floating around in that black hole you call a backpack.
Once it loses its stickiness, just wash it off with water, and it'll be good to go again! Check it out on TikTok here.
Promising review: "Best invention! I purchased after seeing it in a TikTok video, and it works soooo well in my purse." —Wenhether
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 (available in two colors).
18. A space-saving yogurt organizer so you can stock up your (contraband) mini fridge with the Chobanis your mom sent you back to school with after break.
19. A tube of Winky Lux Peeper Perfect Under-Eye Concealer, which offers full coverage *and* a formula packed with collagen, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin E so your professor doesn't have to know you pulled an all-nighter writing that 10-page essay they absolutely told you not to put off to the last minute...
Check out a TikToker using the concealer here!
Promising review: "Never found a concealer I liked. Tried just about every expensive brand out there; they all disappointed. Love this stuff! Creamy, dewy, glides on and blends well, doesn't sink into lines or melt off. A little goes a very long way too! Perfection! So happy with this purchase; it will be my new go-to." —Tanya
20. A rotating makeup/skincare organizer ideal for freeing up space on your shared vanity. Look, I loved living with some of my closest friends but the bathroom counter situation left a lot to be desired...
21. A cute portable charger because — more often than not — you forget to charge your phone before you go to bed and then end up heading off to class with 4% battery.
Check it out on TikTok here!
Promising review: "The holy grail of portable chargers!!! I was traveling to Disney for vacation and knowing me, I would drain my battery with just taking pictures alone. I wanted a portable battery but didn’t want to carry a cord either, so I was excited when I found this little baby! It does exactly as described, pretty pink color, and I get one full charge of battery for my iPhone 11. Get it; you will not be disappointed!" —Meghan Doble
Get it from Amazon for $34.99 (available in five colors).