We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Saturday Skin's Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel erases dull, patchy skin leftover from winter. The papaya, pineapple, and aloe vera formula not only leaves your face softer and smoother, but smelling downright incredible!
2. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads exfoliate, tone, and brighten with a gentle combination of lactic and glycolic acids, cucumber water, Indian gooseberry, lemon peel, and licorice root. These ingredients work hand in hand to leave your skin bright, even, and refreshed.
Promising review: "This is a gentle system for clearing the pores of dirt and excess oil throughout the day. If I'm going to be away from home for most of the day or don't have time to completely wash my face these pads are just what I need. They remove shine and unwanted gunk (especially in the T zone) quickly, easily, and without a feeling of harsh acidic sting or of drying out my skin. Like dental floss, this is an oft-needed, very useful health product that I like to keep not only in my bathroom, but also my glove box, brief case, and purse." —Lisa Forte
Get a 60-count from Amazon for $34.
3. Bella Skin Beauty Eye Serum targets under-eye bags and dry skin with a handful of silky oils including: jojoba seed, grape seed, almond, evening primrose, and baobab. Just dab on a single drop (between both eyes) and follow with your go-to serum.
Bella Skin Beauty is a small, woman-owned clean beauty brand from mother-daughter duo Diana Shneider and Alexandra Bella.
Promising review: "I’ve been on the hunt for an eye serum that not only provides moisture but also brightens/makes me look alive. THIS IS IT! I love that I only need a drop for both eyes and it absorbs into my skin nicely. The skin under my eyes looks so good! I don’t need eye cream anymore! So glad I found this serum!!!" —Melanie
Get it from Bella Skin Beauty for $62.
4. Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint speaks to those who love a chill, no-makeup makeup look. The light-coverage mineral formula utilizes hyaluronic acids, plant-based squalane, and niacinamide to lock in your skin's natural moisture and it's topped off with SPF 40 to shield you from UVA, UVB, UVC, blue light, and infrared rays. 😎
5. Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser exfoliates with AHAs that are both easy on skin and tough on that leftover mascara you "forgot" to take off before sliding into bed last night...
Promising review: "This is a really unique cleanser! First off, it has a really nice light blueberry scent, I really enjoy it! Second, it has a really cool gel bouncy texture, and it foams up very nicely! I have sensitive combo skin and whenever I cleanse my skin with this I am really impressed! It has this ability to remove makeup SO WELL yet it is still SO GENTLE! It is a little pricey but I feel like it is worth it, and if your unsure just get the mini size to see if you like it! I would recommend!" —peachyskincare
6. Tula's Brightening Vitamin C Serum erases dullness and dark spots and leaves your skin ☀️glowing.☀️ If the last year has gotten you really into minimal makeup (or no makeup at all), this is all you need.
Tula is a woman-founded skincare brand from Dr. Roshini Raj, a practicing gastroenterologist and alumna of Harvard and New York University. The brand's products heavily feature probiotic extracts and superfoods.
Promising review: "I am no sucker for really expensive skin care, but after having my son my skin was horrible. I tried everything and it was no better. I walked into Ulta for some makeup and I saw Tula was in there. At first, I walked by and said 'Wow, yeah, I don’t know about that price.' But I love, love, love this! I pushed myself to do it because my skin tone was so uneven and not smooth. It’s been a week now and I have glowing, vibrant skin. When I'm able to get my mind around it, I'll buy the other expensive stuff and have a full face of Tula. I can’t wait!!!" —Brooke B.
7. Peace Out Skincare's Acne Champs trio helps you on your way to clearer skin with an oil- and impurity-erasing exfoliating cleanser, a gentle all-over serum, and a sheet of blemish-targeting dots you can wear overnight. Incorporate all three in your routine and watch them work their magic.
Promising review: "This acne kit from Peace Out has been amazing. Recently, I've been getting more acne from working out with a face mask on, but I haven't gotten any new ones since I started using the cleanser and serum from this acne kit. My skin feels smooth and hydrated after using the products. As an added bonus, the serum has a very nice scent." —Patricia
Get the three-piece set from Peace Out Skincare for $25 (originally $43).
8. Lanolips deeeeeeeply hydrates dry and chapped skin without any petroleum, parabens, or artificial fragrances. Slap the all-natural formula on your lips, cuticles, dry patches, and even weenus (I can't help myself) for a lasting blast of moisture.
Promising review: "This stuff is my favorite lip product, bar none. I've been a lip balm/chapstick user for years, and have tried just about every brand. This stuff just WORKS, it leaves my lips moisturized hours later and they don't feel more dry when it wears off." —K
Get it from Amazon for $13.50.
9. Aveeno Eczema Therapy Daily Moisturizing Cream soothes unbearably itchy skin with colloidal oatmeal and ceramides providing not just instant relief, but lasting effects for up to six hours straight. While it's great for flareups, it's even better when used consistently.
Promising review: "I'm absolutely amazed at this stuff. I had a terrible allergic reaction and broke out with eczema all over my face (I have suffered with it for years, just never on my face). My eyes were completely swollen shut and red, and my face was peeling, in pain, inflamed, and DRY, DRY, DRY. I tried everything, and I mean everything. I ordered this and nearly instantly felt and saw results. These two pictures (above) are LESS THAN 24 HOURS APART. I've been using it now for three days and my face is 100% back to normal. I really like that this product is a cream versus a lotion, I feel like it helps soak in better and KEEPS the skin hydrated. I 100% recommend." —Kelsey Coultrip
Get it from Amazon for $16.44.
10. Tower 28 SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray uses just three workhorse ingredients — good ol' H2O, sodium chloride, and hypochlorous acid — to put redness and dullness in its place. 🥊 Used faithfully a.m. and p.m., it'll leave your complexion even and glowing.
Tower 28 is a Santa Monica-based clean beauty brand specializing in nontoxic, nonirritating vegan and cruelty-free makeup and skincare. Amy Liu, the founder and CEO, worked for 15+ years as a beauty exec before leaving to create products that would suit her sensitive eczema-prone skin.
Full disclosure: Many reviewers say the SOS spray's scent isn't super pleasant (think: chlorinated pool water) BUT it has helped them with hormonal breakouts and rosacea.
Promising review: "This is a holy grail product. I swear I have glass skin now thanks to this spray. My texture, pores, skin tone, hydration, everything seems better. I love how it looks, how it smells, and especially how happy it makes my skin. I’ll be buying this for the rest of my life. I’ve already repurchased it twice. Worth the hype." —CBTarker
11. Hey Dewy's Portable Facial Humidifier gives your skin a nice lil' glow do you can use it right before a Zoom meeting (or during — it's that quiet) to give coworkers the impression you *did not* just wake up from a nap 30 seconds before this started.
The 10.8-ounce humidifier can run for up to eight hours straight. Just hook it up to your computer with the included USB cord and let it go as you works.
Hey Dewy was co-founded by Cindy Kang, a Korean-born entrepreneur who spent 15 years in dry, stale offices before dreaming up a portable cordless humidifier that could be used anywhere.
Promising review: "Love my Hey Dewy humidifier. I put it on when I am working at my desk and it helps to keep my skin from drying out from the heat. It is easy to use and clean." —Anita C.
Get it from Hey Dewy for $39 (available in three colors).
12. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel gives your skin a big ol' gulp of hydration with a hyaluronic acid-based water-gel formula. Use it at night and you'll wake up with baby-soft skin.
Promising review: "I went from very dry, flaky, and angry skin to soft and supple in about one week. I noticed a change instantly. My acne has even started clearing up. Keep in mind I also added vitamin E oil serum to my skincare routine at the same time. I highly recommend. The product has a great consistency, is cooling/calming, light, and has a pleasant smell." —Victoria Couty
Get it from Amazon for $14.48.
13. Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask detoxifies your face leaving your cheeks tingling just a tad as active ingredients like Aussie pink clay, witch hazel, kakadu plum, mangosteen, and pomegranate work their magic. The antioxidant- and vitamin-packed combo encourages cellular turnover, tackles hyperpigmentation, and purifies your pores over the course of just 10 minutes.
Sand & Sky is a small Aussie skincare brand run by twin sisters Emily and Sarah Hamilton. Their face masks, moisturizers, and exfoliators are all made with botanical ingredients unique to Australia.
Promising review: "Believe the hype. I do not normally write reviews EVER. I struggle with hormonal cystic acne. I received this product initially as a sample in a beauty bag subscription, within a couple weeks it had my acne cleared and pores noticeably smaller. I looked to purchase and was very hesitant about the price so I ended up not purchasing and tried a different option. Nothing could ever get my complexion back to how it was when using this product so I bit the bullet and made the purchase. I DO NOT regret it. It is my new holy grail product." —Chelsea
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
14. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Exfoliator clears pores and addresses uneven texture while keeping your skin's protective barrier intact. If you're a "I need to know the ingredients!" type of person, it utilizes gentle cleansers like salicylic acid, colloidal oatmeal, and gingko.
Promising review: "My crops are flourishing, my grades are high, and, most importantly, my skin has NEVER been so clear! I have tried everything Sephora has to fix my acne and nothing worked until now! I've been using this for about a month and the difference is incredible! My skin is zit-free, my pores have shrunk, my skin is brighter, and my face hasn't been this soft since I was a CHILD. The price was a bit of a turnoff for me at first, but now I know its a really good deal for what you're getting!" —Jurban
Get it from Sephora for $15+ (available in two sizes).
15. Ole Henrikson Glow2OH Dark Spot Toner targets hyperpigmentation with a potent combination of glycolic and lactic acids. The brand says you can expect to see results in as little as seven days but some reviewers say it works overnight!
Promising review: "I always get stubborn acne spotting on one part of my face. I have struggled to get rid of it all quarantine and this product really did the job. I wanted to buy the small one first incase I didn’t like it but I will definitely be repurchasing this in the big size." —Eyebrowqueen02
Get it from Sephora for $16+ (available in two sizes).
16. Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil addresses all sorts of skin concerns (think: blemishes, fine lines, age spots, and scarring) thanks to its natural vitamin-, antioxidant-, and essential fatty acid-filled formula. If you're trying to combat more than one issue and want to keep your routine simple, try this baby out!
Promising review: "My new holy grail! I have super sensitive, acne-prone skin in a very dry climate. This stuff is seriously so amazing. I use it from my face to my toes. It has completely eradicated any dry skin I had and makes me glow. I’ve gotten so many compliments on my skin since I’ve started using it, even my boyfriend noticed! I love it after chemical peels, too. It gets rid of peeling and dry patches as well as soothing any redness. It’s a decent-sized bottle for what you pay!" —Brynnieb09
Get it from Amazon for $14.95.
17. Heritage Store Castor Oil reduces inflammation, and intensely moisturizes hair and skin. The cold-pressed vegan formula can be used on your scalp, eyebrows, skin, and even mixed into your moisturizer to promote extra hydration. Reviews all agree it's a versatile skincare essential.
Promising review: "I’ve used many different eyelash serums, name brand, designers, cheap brands, etc. and this is the holy grail. I don’t use it consistently and my eyelash growth is visible. I try to use it every evening as often as I remember and it has worked just as well, if not better than those other serums - even prescription." —PickledCabbage
Get it from Target for $7.19.
18. Admire My Skin's 2% Hydroquinone Ultra-Potent Brightening Serum tackles dark spots including — ::jaw drop:: melasma!! — with the highest does of non-prescription kojic acid, azelaic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, and vitamin C allowed on the market.
Admire My Skin is a small vegan and cruelty-free skincare brand that produces all of their products in the US. Co-founder Amy Romero struggled with cystic acne and melasma for years before developing her own affordable, results-driven products.
Promising review: "This stuff here is a lifesaver and miracle in a bottle. My face has been loaded with acne bumps, comedones that was in my skin for years, and black marks that wouldn't go away. But this stuff here has brightened my marks, my acne has dried out, and 90% of my marks are gone. Give it a try." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $24.
19. CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser combines hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and glycerin to rid your pores of makeup, dirt, and excess oil while also locking in moisture. It's certainly no secret, but if you've been looking for a sign that it's time to finally try it, consider this it. ⬇
Promising review: "I was kind of hesitant at first because the texture is like lotion, but don’t let it fool you! It’s such a great face wash! I have had acne for years and have tried a billion different products and none of them worked like this one. It took about a month of consistent use but it made my skin look almost flawless." —Cassidy Cooper
Get it from Amazon for $14.64+ (available in two sizes).
20. Beautycounter Mineral Sunscreen protects your complexion with non-nano zinc oxide and organic cocoa butter — two ingredients that glide on nice and smooth and act as a barrier between your skin and UVA and UVB rays.
Promising review: "I love this sunscreen! It’s so convenient to carry because it’s not a big tube, it’s not heavy, it’s easy to apply, it’s not goopy, and it goes on so easily!! No more messy sunscreen hands!! I wear it on my face everyday, but yesterday I wore it to a softball game and put it on my face, my arms, neck, and ears and it was so easy! Despite the heat yesterday, it didn’t melt at all." —Danielle M.
I've been using this compact lil' guy for a few weeks now and I love it! I am v, v picky when it comes to sunscreen — I feel like a lot of them leave me super greasy and make me sweat more throughout the day thus rendering them useless anyways. I *have* to wear it though or I will look like a tomato after five minutes in the sun (I also have melasma which is only made worse with exposure). Alas, Beautycounter's deodorant-style mineral sunscreen stick is my new fave! The non-sticky formula feels hydrating but not oily and it doesn't leave my skin looking slick. The compact tube is also just so convenient. I carry it in my purse so I can reapply throughout the day. The first time I carried it around with me I was afraid it would melt but so far, so good!
Get it from Beautycounter for $21.