13 Unexpected Tips For A Successful Job Interview
Sweaty hands never get the job.
1. Be organized when you start the job hunt.
When you start looking for a job, organize your interview clothes into one spot of your closet, or print off copies of your resume. You'll have fewer things to worry about when you finally land an interview, which cuts down a considerable amount of stress.
2. Say no to ice water.
3. Place a napkin in your back pocket.
4. On a related note, put panty liners in your heels.
5. If you can, schedule your appointment in the morning.
6. Follow a three-second rule.
Wait three seconds before answering your questions. It helps you process the question and you won't seem rushed (aka nervous). This is an excellent rule to follow during phone interviews.
7. Use the STAR method to streamline your answers.
9. During phone interviews, stand and smile.
10. Also, keep the phone receiver near your chin.
11. Skip the coffee.
12. Eat more protein than carbs.
13. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Your future employer probably knows that you can turn on a computer, but if you want to give a great first impression, it might be better to focus on the bigger picture, rather than blabbing about every. single. skill. you've ever acquired. This is your chance to have a great conversation!